• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CZ

yep, wow that is sweet. I like that matte finish so much. Thats how I like my stainless!

Are those grips the rubber or plastic ?

:shock: SWEET CHEESE US!!!

That thing is freakin gorgeous! Everytime I open this thread the CZ on my wish list creeps up a couple places higher.

She's beautiful nitesite, congratulations Sir! Any new grips in her future...walnut , rosewood, etc?

Thanks fellas. The OEM rubber panels feel really really nice. Better than Pachmayr rubber, about the same to me as Hogue.

I have full checkered rosewood on my duty 1911 and of course love the feel of wood panels as well. I might have to look into finding a set I really like, but really this is going to be a utilatarian beater gun. Seriously, it won't get babied one bit. It's only the second stainless steel gun I've ever owned, and I plan to treat it pretty harshly at times.... :lol:

I'm going outside in the yard right now to shoot it! Bye-Bye!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
:shock: SWEET CHEESE US!!!

That thing is freakin gorgeous! Everytime I open this thread the CZ on my wish list creeps up a couple places higher.

She's beautiful nitesite, congratulations Sir! Any new grips in her future...walnut , rosewood, etc?

LES pretty much sums it up. I really can't expand on this. ;)

MossLvR~

That Shadow you just bought looks sinister as all get out. I know your dying to get out and shoot it! You will LOVE IT!!!

nitesite said:
...but really this is going to be a utilatarian beater gun. Seriously, it won't get babied one bit. It's only the second stainless steel gun I've ever owned, and I plan to treat it pretty harshly at times.... :lol:

Good man!

I love my stainless guns, but there are no safe queens in my house. Stainless holds up to abuse far better than blued or park'd finishes anyway, so I run 'em hard no matter how pretty they are. They always clean up nicely afterward and look good as new...

The polycoat finish on the SP-01's are supposed to be real durable so I am curious to see how it turns out for me over time.

Yeah, me too oli.

I used to be particularly careful with my pistols, taking extra care not to scratch or ding them. Over time I've gotten over that. Now, to me wear on the finish is just as sexy as a brand new pistol and I look at it as a sign of a gun that's been run hard and is still get'n the job done...

nitesite said:
Well, I thought I'd show a pic of my CZ.

CZ-75B.jpg

Just bought it 30-minutes ago :D , largely because of this thread and the fact that I've had a "copy of a CZ" but always boasted on "the original" so favorably. Thought I'd better finally put my money where my mouth is...

... right Oli?
;)

Very nice, nitesite, congrats! You guys are making me want one. I am thinking the 97B.

MossLvR said:
Here is the 2011 Shadow model I picked up yesterday, won't get to put it through the paces until next week but also bought some 124gr and 115gr to test with when I do. I am considering ordering Marschal grips for it...

CZ_Shadow2Medium.jpg

CZ_ShadowMedium.jpg

OK , whats the big hollow spot on the bottm of the mags ? mine dosent have that. There is a little hollow spot in front but it looks like yours is bigger ??

Those are 10-rd magazines, with bases that cannot be modified to accept more cartridges.

Some states still mandate such nonsense.

Oh man, didnt even think of that.....bummer. I can fit 19 in my mags but I carry it with 18.....+1 in the hopper

oli700 said:
OK , whats the big hollow spot on the bottm of the mags ? mine dosent have that. There is a little hollow spot in front but it looks like yours is bigger ??

Yup, All Canadian provinces limit the mags to 10 rounds :( .

Not intentional. I was hoping we could throw the different mags in here too

My 75B came with all-steel (including baseplate) 16-rd mags. I'll try to get a pic of one next to a 10-rd that came with my Israeli-made 9mm Eagle.

CDNN has Mec-Gar OEM mags for the CZ-75 family for twenty-sumptin bucks, and the CZ-branded ones are over $40! EACH!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

You know, if I lived in Canada or a US state which limited capacity to 10-rounds I might feel a momentary twinge but really, when did any recorded event occur where an armed citizen ran his pistol dry and had to reload? I mean really....... That's eleven rounds of a respectable cartridge, almost double what a S&W K-Frame holds!

For that matter, lots of folks carry little Kel-Tec or Ruger single stack .380s and nines and they are just fine with having 7 + 1. Or they have a J-Frame with only five and maybe a speedloader or speedstrip.

Sure, the CZ-75 is a large pistol and CAN carry more than ten, but "if you can't, you can't" and it's really not that bad if you've still got eleven.

Sheesh, my duty pistol only holds 7 + 1 or 8 + 1 depending on the magazine.

Back