• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

A belated good morning to all from Omaha, Nebraska. The drive went well, about 7 hours.

It's about 90 and cloudy with high humidity. Normal for August.

The shooting in Dayton was about 5 miles from my sister. Crazy people amongst us these days.

Have a great day and be vigilant.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

It's our typical August here with clear skys and temps of 100F+ every day and high 60's at night.

I'm very surprised that my indoor-outdoor aquarium system is maintaining such temperature stability.

It's typically only cycling from 78F to 84F every 24 hrs which is pretty good. It was getting to 90F before I tweaked the system around.

It's really too hot to go shooting for fun, and because I am winding up the aquarium mods, I've started to work on my truck. I got it cleaned up yesterday and today I'm going to work on the suspension. It's also time for a full service.

If I can get an alignment today I'll probably take Judy up the mountain tomorrow. She's been asking to go see some folks in Coarsegold.

Have a nice day.

Iowa is startin out nice. We had a nice cool deluge last night and things cooled off a lot. 75 right now going to 84 later. Not too bad. If I didn't have my monthly orders coming in today I would be fishin. Really. I been out, not just talkin about it. Anyway, lookin forward to it. Have a good day all.
h

August heat continues . . .

I ordered two new La-z-boys for the TV room, and they arrived yesterday.
Now I need to get rid of the old ones. Judy gave them to somebody, but I suspect I will have to deliver them across town today.

I have been feeling punky the past couple days and I did not work on the truck.

I diddled around with the fish. I made a dinner I couldn't eat & fed it to the dog.

I will probably just loaf around until I feel better.

I've seen too much TV "news" lately myownself. This trend of more and more TV is going to change as soon as people come to grips with how unhealthy it is. Unfortunately, I think that society will get more unhealthy first.

I gotta go take my pills . . . see y'all.

August heat continues . . .

I ordered two new La-z-boys for the TV room, and they arrived yesterday.
Now I need to get rid of the old ones. Judy gave them to somebody, but I suspect I will have to deliver them across town today.

I have been feeling punky the past couple days and I did not work on the truck.

I diddled around with the fish. I made a dinner I couldn't eat & fed it to the dog.

I will probably just loaf around until I feel better.

I've seen too much TV "news" lately myownself. This trend of more and more TV is going to change as soon as people come to grips with how unhealthy it is. Unfortunately, I think that society will get more unhealthy first.

I gotta go take my pills . . . see y'all.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Hi all. Cadd, I talked to my doc at the va and she (my NEW doctor) mentioned I am on the low end of the normal range for Vitamin B-12. I am on supplements. I hope I get some of my stamina back. Nothing works right these days. Like you I feel punky. I did some research and most of the symptoms of a B-12 deficiency...I got. She may have hit the head of the nail that nailed me .I am on supplements but we have to see how they work to know the doses I need. How's your B-12? Never hurts to check with the doc.

I don't know the ages of any of you but if you qualify as an old fart, this may interest you:

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=what+causes+b12+deficiency&fr=opensearch

I think I qualify. 10-15-47.

No doctor ever told me about this stuff but this new doc latched onto the vitamin deficiency when I told her about my weight gain. Doc asked me how I could have gained 100 or more lbs in about 3 months. It was not from eating more than usual, but what else could it be. I told her I suffered from malaise. She asked what caused that. I told her she is the doctor but I have an idea and if she would look into it I would see if I could answer questions. Mostly I told her the malaise kept he in from doing what I like to do. She right away said depression. I said we won't go there. Something is keeping me from doing my favorite things which are hiking, hunting, fishing and if it is something outdoors, it is what I used to do. I can barely walk so I can't be active, therefore I gained weight. It started when I went on Metformin and later insulin. I lost my cdl and had to quit my job. I do not know anything else. I had small low income businesses but driving was my profession.

I told her my digestion is poor, I am on heart meds, cholesterol statins, and I have had 3 bladder cancer surgeries and a couple dozen treatments for that.

She flipped through my latest lab report and went to Vitamin B-12. I am low end, but still in range. But it is a big range. I am below the middle of the range so to me that says B-12 deficient. I am 68 YO. That threw up a red flag. I am missing an enzyme and cannot extract it from my food so I cannot absorb enough B-12. She didn't say she would order supplements but mentioned I could try them, so I did. I did some research and saw how many symptoms I have indicating B-12 deficiency so I ordered a bottle. Then I read there is an ok B-12 and an excellent B-12. My first bottle is the OK type. I ordered the excellent type. It is the one that says Methyl. Methylcobalamin. It is basically a predigested type and is almost instantly absorb and accepted into the body. The other is not. I will use both and then when I reorder I will get the good stuff. The missing glycoprotein is called Intrinsic factor and that is what is necessary for us to digest and use B-12. Methyl does not need it because it is already basically predigested with IF.

I am anxious to see the results. I also found out from a couple of my classmates who incidentally came to our 50 year reunion over the weekend, that when I reorder I need to get the sublingual. It dissolves under the tongue almost instantly like a nitro pill. Makes sense. I have to listen to my mates. There are 2 MDs, 2 Dentists, 4 or more nurses, a Chiro a Nurse Practitioner and a veterinarian. They ganged up on me.

If anyone wants more links, let me know. I will help you find answers...even though I won't know what they mean. B-12 works with D-3 and B complex supplements. Back to the store...

I have actually turned my TV off. I rarely put it on, mostly for a live hockey game with my favorite team, the olympics or something else "special". I feel much better, with less stress TV :)

Beginning of week, my unit was called in to search for a missing 80 year old man, up north, that went for a ride on his bicycle and never returned. Searched miles and miles of bad forest roads ( barely usable ), a lot of abandoned houses, bad wet terrain. We searched for 24h then the next Company took over. Police had seven units there. Mountain rescue had a unit there too. We only stopped when it was to dark to see anything. Oh my body hurt yesterday :) think i have used to many muscles in my body. Now the search have been called off when its not expected to find him alive anymore ( Police and search HQ decision ) I add a couple of pics i took... old forests, abandoned housing and reindeers :)

20190806_092857_hd.jpg
20190805_132801_hd.jpg
20190806_081604_hd.jpg

Lucy, I'm home.

Drove home from Omaha today. I went to bed about 11:30 last night thinking I'd get a good nights sleep. 3:15 am, wide awake. On the road at 3:50, home at 11:10 am. 2 and a half hours of dark, two hours of cloudy, then almost three hours of rain, somtimes driving downpours.

I had a good visit but it's good to be home. Oh, btw, good morning Mossbergers.

Hey youse guys . . .

I finally changed the springs on my truck today. Much better!

But now I am toast. I remember why working on bikes and MGs is more fun.

The MG longblock weighs less than that truck wheel. ;)

I have a few more chores to do and the I can catch up.

Back