• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

"It's a Geiger! That thing's a land piranha!" Unfortunately something you need is in there with it.
-----------------------------------------
LOL . . . That's what famous gumshoe Tex Murphy said when he discovers a live baby alien in a terrarium, in one release of the video game series: Under a Killing Moon, possibly. I forget.

One of my first PC video games on real HD 3.5" diskettes was Darkseed. The whole thing was based on the Geiger art which inspired (and was part of) the Alien movies.

Is that a for a pommel?

Larger than life Looks like a very slippery revolver butt cover.

"It's a Geiger! That thing's a land piranha!" Unfortunately something you need is in there with it.
-----------------------------------------

Is that a for a pommel?

It's a brass knife pommel. I'm going to use it on a cane I'm making. (Better to have one made up before I need it)

Last edited:
It's a brass knife pommel. I'm going to use it on a cane I'm making. (Better to have one made up before I need it)
No chit about that. I remember wanting one and limping too bad to go buy it.

But I could work at the bench so I made one.

I really don't use it anymore. After losing 60 lbs, my leg recovered amazingly.
But I don't own a Louisville Slugger anymore, so I keep it around. ;)

20190811_180407_resized.jpg

It's made from an ash handle with chrome Steel ferrule, and the fat chrome ferrule which is solid brass from a shower head. The knob is a spun steel closet door knob plated with brass and clear-coated.

There's a lag screw epoxied into the Ashwood and it sticks out. The head is embedded in epoxy which fills half of the doorknob. The other half is filled with lead.

You don't want to use that end on somebody unless you really mean them to die. The little end with the steel ferrule is enough to give anybody a rap they won't forget.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

We have a vocal minority here who bemoan the fact that our city will soon replace our retiring police chief with someone just as old, bald, white, and conservative, even though he's been a real success at the job. The best guy we've had in the job in over 40 years.

Not so for the black fellow (our assistant chief) he was grooming to be his replacement. The guy turned out to be involved in illegal drug dealing with other family members and associates. He's in prison, and now the chief can't retire, and everyone who was gonna move up the ladder at PD is totally PO'd at this crooked black guy who looked so great up front, and was going to "heal" the "diversity problem".

While dealing drugs through his relations in the poor neighborhoods . . . :brick:

Lefties are crying that there won't be "enough diversity". That's code for: "they'll hire a white guy because they're all racists." Which isn't true. Almost half of our police are not white guys. There are many Mexicans and Asians, and maybe three black guys. (One now in prison.) It's not like we hired a white guy and he hired all white cops. It wouldn't be possible to find that many white cops in California. The state is only 47% white now. They do not exist to hire.

I'd say chances are 30% that the new chief will be Hispanic. And it's about 90% probable IMO that the current chief will become the mayor in 2020.

I suspect these same issues are playing out all across the country.

:mornin:

Mornin fellas.
Sad day today in my fishtank. My shibunkin goldfish went belly up sometime last night.
I had him for few years. He was my favorite one.
r.i.p. Frick....

0520191817.jpg

My grandson doesn't have a clue about death. He seemed kinda happy about.
Asking, does this mean we get a new fish?!
Granted it's ,"a fish", I spent a lot of time keeping em happy and comfortable in that tank and one before it too.
I may be getting soft, but that was the first fish I buried instead of down the toilet....

Last edited:
I have a cemetery for the pets. I told my wife if that she has me cremated she can put me there too.
She wasn't too keen on that. Anyhow many fish are there. Any fish that gets a name is a pet, and so . . .

Good morning fellas. 79 with light rain at the present. High today about 90. which will be 10 degrees cooler than the past three days. We can use thr rain.

I think I have something to do today. I best get along and figure out what it is.

Have a great day and be safe.

73 and cloudy here but clearing soon. As soon as UPS drops off my VA package I am off to the river for some rubbernose sturgeon. I have to catch something on these new rods and reels or what good are they? huh?

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I am sitting in a tire shop waiting on my truck. It will probably be hours. These guys look understaffed today.

Oh, Chit! that black is permanent.
I can send ya some camo spray paint, but that's about it bud.
I'm not qualified to do more.

Now I am qualified to tell you this story. . .

I was in my buddy Kevin's '64 Mustang at the pharmacy, and he parked us in the blue zone. We were about 30 years old and fairly handsome young fellows, looking for a 6-pack of Coors. As we get out, an older woman crossing the huge lot on her sore old feet sneers at both of us, and she demanded to know, "What the hell's wrong with you!"

Without missing a step, my buddy reaches down and grabs a handful of dungarees, and pulled the velcro holding his plastic leg on under the cloth. He kicks his leg out and leans back, and this 1960's baby-doll looking flesh-pink leg shoots out and lands on the ground right in front of her.

I felt sorry later, because she nearly expired on the spot, judging by the look on her face. I think she was trying not to scream, because she just kinda gurgled and scurried off, as Kevin sat on the fender to put his leg back on.

Oh, Chit! that black is permanent.
I can send ya some camo spray paint, but that's about it bud.
I'm not qualified to do more.

Now I am qualified to tell you this story. . .

I was in my buddy Kevin's '64 Mustang at the pharmacy, and he parked us in the blue zone. We were about 30 years old and fairly handsome young fellows, looking for a 6-pack of Coors. As we get out, an older woman crossing the huge lot on her sore old feet sneers at both of us, and she demanded to know, "What the hell's wrong with you!"

Without missing a step, my buddy reaches down and grabs a handful of dungarees, and pulled the velcro holding his plastic leg on under the cloth. He kicks his leg out and leans back, and this 1960's baby-doll looking flesh-pink leg shoots out and lands on the ground right in front of her.

I felt sorry later, because she nearly expired on the spot, judging by the look on her face. I think she was trying not to scream, because she just kinda gurgled and scurried off, as Kevin sat on the fender to put his leg back on.

When I was at Norfolk in 2002 I met a Sailor who was mustering out after a stay at the Naval...or is that navel?...hospital. He had lost his leg at the knee and was going home. He was a nutball. One day I was walking through the city park and he was with a gal he wasn't supposed to be with so they were kinda shielding their presence behind a huge oak. I stayed back to see what that clown was up to and as I watched he kinda leaned up against the tree and somehow unhooked his leg and spun it around so his foot pointed the opposite direction of his other foot. She saw him do it and asked what the H was he doin? He said I can't always see a cop sneakin up on me so I am getting ready to run in either direction. I gave up my position when I busted out laughing.

Good Morning to you all.

I'm trying to get motivated to clean up my junkyard. I will move out some scrap steel in the truck today.

I'm building a 6 foot 300 watt lamp for the new aquarium. A 6' aquarium lamp is about $275.

I took apart $10 worth of 5000k LED "bulbs" for the circuitry, and now I have to wire it together. Because it's LED it'll only use 42 watts and put out 4000 lumens

I have spent $16 for the plastic channel and caps (a rain gutter from Lowes) $3 for PVC tube, and a dimmer for $20. I have all the wire etc, so I'm only invested $49 so far.

This will look more like a traditional flourescent tube lamp than a modern LED "stick" or "bar", but it will eventually be concealed as part of an oak and birch canopy.

Well I'm sitting at another tire shop waiting for my tires to be balanced because when I looked at the paperwork from Les Schwab I realized they had only balanced two tires.

I don't think this company operates east of the Rocky Mountains, so you probably haven't heard of them. But they have a lot of stores on the West Coast.

When I went back this morning they gave me some b.s. story about how they only balance the front tires unless you complain about vibration.

Well I did not complain about vibration, but I did complain about unusual tire wear patterns, and the truck needing an alignment, badly.

Any vehicle will vibrate when it needs an alignment badly enough that the driver notices it.

This was after the failure of their previous alignment to detect a physical problem with the suspension that needed correction.

. . . and I told them to balance the tires . . . not two tires . . . not four tires but the tires.

So, I was there at 8:01 when they open the doors only to be told that I would have to wait behind three other cars with appointments and pay another $34.

That's the fourth time I've been in their shop and it's the fourth time I've been disappointed. It will be the last time as well.

Last edited:
I took the truck to America's Tire Depot, 1/2 mile from my house, and had them all 4 balanced again.

$2 less per tire, and they didn't make me wait.

So I am happier now, and my tires are happier too.

And Les Schwab can go suck a lemon.

Back