• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

December 7th. Is it not this way you write it ? I prefer 1966-12-07

I also prefer yyyy mm dd because when you are flogging databases you don't have to extra coding to sort by date.

The whole world writes dd mm yyyy
except the US where it's mm dd yyyy.

Don't ask me why. Hell, we still use inches, feet, pounds, ounces, hours and seconds.

Good morning all. 76 and raining this morning. Matter of fact it's raining like crazy right now. Looks like it will be with us for a while.

We'll be heading to the lake later this afternoon. Tomorrow and Sunday are supposed to be much warmer.

You all have a great day and a better weekend.

@meanstreak we are having zero rain, but it could change any time. I need to get my patio cover situation straightened out. I'm expecting the normal dry Aug, Sept, Oct & into November until it starts to rain.

But as crazy as things have been, I should be more suspicions.

We had a nice dinner out with my sister for her birthday.

Today, I need to go get the truck aligned, then drive my Mrs up the mountain to Coarsegold to go haggle over some used table for her patio.

I'd rather save the gas and buy a new one in town.
But she wants to go, so wth....

Mid '44.

I've got a big problem today. Can't decide whether to practice shooting or ride in the curvaceous hills...

My troubles never seem to end.

@CaddmannQ Maybe we could crank up a photo scavenger hunt here. Then I'd always have a new riding goal.

I doubt it's going to happen around here for a while. Too many things are backed up right now.

The alignment shop is too busy today, and I think I want to do some more work on the truck first.
I started cleaning out the garage today, and I'm almost down to the motorcycle. That means I've scraped the surface of what must be done, and it's going to be weeks and months. See, the house is remodeled, but the garage is still a pit of filthy despair.

Well, except the part I cleaned this AM. Slightly less desperate.

I gotta clean the BBQ so I can cook some chicken. Later guys. . . .

For this one I used an old deactivated LG cellphone. If I tried to post pix on this board I always ran into "file too large" and then I had to fiddle w/ editing and cropping. Yesterday I finally stumbled on the settings function and reduced the file size.

When I was up at the overlook I was going to try to return to the default size and take the same pic and see what the difference was... but DAMN!... I couldn't find the settings function again! I didn't spend too much time trying because the air temp was in the mid-80s even at 2200+ feet elevation and I was dressed for moving, not for standing.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I wasn't happy with the front end on the truck and I took the driver's side apart again.
The passenger side was sitting high and I found out an extra rubber bushing had been stuck on top of the right shock, lifting the right side a bit.

Because the left front of the truck is heavier than the right, it sat a little low, and this combination threw the alignment off to the point there was not enough adjustment.

Once that mislocated rubber was gone, steering improved, but it wasn't good until I put 1/2" preload on the left front spring that the alignment came back in.

With one snail cam adjustment and 3 short trial runs to adjust the toe-in and center the wheel, it steers like new again.

I'm so happy! This issue was driving me nuts, and two trips to the alignment shop hadn't resolved it. because I got it sorted so well, that a professional alignment can't improve it much, I'm inclined to wait until Wednesday when the shops aren't too busy.

Meanwhile I'm going to go blow the dust offa my motorcycle and take it for a ride. It hasn't been out in months.

Sometimes you just have to take things into your own grimey hands before they become clear.

I adjusted my camera so I wouldn't have to adjust the size of pix. This is a test.

View attachment 21336
I think maybe this work ok.

Nice shoot Scoop!

I often post these things on multiple forums and they have different rules on size. I take about 10x as many 16megapixel shots as I post, then pick the best one and crop & tweak away. Some think it a chore, but I enjoy improving the photos when I can, which is almost always.

On my Galaxy phone I can resize on the fly by just attaching to an email. It asks "how small", saves the reduced copy in the system files, and you can easily retrieve it if you know where. You don't actually have to send the mail out or open an editing program. Just hit "share" and pick e-mail.

Nice shoot Scoop! … On my Galaxy phone I can resize on the fly by just attaching to an email. It asks "how small", saves the reduced copy in the system files
Good hint there. I have two phones. One is not activated for phone or net. I'll try to see if that trick works on my full-service hooter.

I usually send the pictures to myself in the messaging app. I save the incoming one, and post that up.

I usually send the pictures to myself in the messaging app. I save the incoming one, and post that up.

Right! AND you don't actually have to send it if you can find the temporary storage location.
You clip it from there, cancel the message, and paste it somewhere you like.

If you pay for usage it saves TX/RX time.

But my messaging doesn't always reduce the file enough and there's no options. If I use the mail I at least get 3 settings for resolution: 10%, 30% or 70%.

With 16 mp that won't even be enough, so I either zoom, take huge photos and crop, or just set the camera down to 6 mp. The Galaxy has 6, 8, 10, 12 & 16 mps but the aspect ratios vary. 6 and 16 are both 16x9 and what I usually use.

I have the old Galaxy 6 and it has been a workhorse from day one. It is 4+ years old now and tatty, yet it's 5g. Still 5g networks are like vaporware.

If you want to shrink your pics and you have windows save the picture to your desktop. Ritht clik on the picture, clik edit. Paint will come up...don't clik edit with paint...it is different. The picture will pop up and may be so big it is unrecognizable. There will be a box with several selections. Click resize. Then estimate how big you want the pics...1/2, 1/3 or whatever percent of the original size you want. I clear the top line that says 100. No others need adjustment. Then I type 30 in the top box. I save it to my desktop and it has shrunk down to a 30% sized picture. If you are not familiar with this part of Win (10 or other) let me know and I will post some pics of "edit".

Back