• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Once again Oklahoma steals our rain . . .
Dry as dirt here and temp will hover around 100 for another week.

My new battery for the bike shipped today.

I have been hiding out in the airconditioned comfort of my office, messing with aquariums, and re-arranging the furniture.
I'm planning to build a big new desk as an electronics bench, but I haven't approached the design problem yet.
Instead I set up my old 1990's turntable and broke out some old vinyl.

I have a lot of music I would dub to the PC, but it takes so much time. . . .

I need to get outside and clean up all my sawdust and plastic chips. My work area is a disaster.

We had a t-storm yesterday afternoon and on/off rain all night and this morning. Supposed to rain this pm and tomorrow with a high off 71* Sunday.

Good Morning gents.

My wife is working down in Conyers, Georgia. A couple of days ago this showed up on her doorstep. She's bringing her home to be vetted and off to a local rescue. (No-kill)

Change of plans. She found a home thru one of her friends and is taking her to a family in Columbus, Ga.

Resized_20190824_075255.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife cannot see that photo. Too many pets now! LOL

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
I put my bike away Thursday, thinking that the new battery would show up on next Weds-Thurs, but it came yesterday.
So I will dig it back out and change the battery after I charge it.

I also want to change the oil on my truck today. It's easier than my 1961 IHC pickup was. This little truck is sooo tall.

I may start changing the clutch tomorrow. Maybe. My motivation level is is barely off the peg.

Have a good day you guys.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I woke up too early this morning and all I did was read the newspapers and now I'm in a bad mood.

I'm going to go read the news on the internet which may or may not improve my mood.

My new motorcycle battery arrived and it is charging in the garage so I will install it today. Then I will move everything around in the garage so I can change the clutch.

I'm still waiting for a rebuild kit I ordered for the master cylinder so I shouldn't ride the bike yet... the rear brakes work but you have to pump the front to get hydraulic pressure.

It's going to be over 100 degrees for the rest of this week and we are expecting 106. I BBQ'd some chicken on my patio yesterday afternoon and it was 105 out there for sure.

Right now it's beautiful and people are just starting to wake up and go to work. Unless I'm going fishing I don't really wake up at 5 in the morning but it was a strange night last night.

Last edited:
Good morning all. Awoke to partly cloudy skies and 78 degrees. It's headed for the 90s today.

We did have some rain over the weekend. Probably a couple of inches although south of us got more. I think it was rain that passed right on over California.

I headed out on the bike Saturday morning. Fortunately I was only going about 10 miles away to a hardware store. When I came out a very light rain was falling. I headed back to the condo and the skies opened about 10 minutes later. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I got the bike cleaned up a bit and installed the battery. It started up immediately, and I ran it a bit to circulate the oil, but I didn't take it out of the garage.

I don't want to ride it with mushy brakes and a weak clutch.

I may get to tear the clutch out today.
Or maybe I'm clutching at straws . . .
I'm mostly in the mood to loaf indoors, as it will be about 105 today.
We'll see which wins.

Get it while ya can folks. Life runs out fast.

Howdy fellas.
I just got done restoring an old manual pencil sharpener.
I had this old pencil sharpener in my shop for years. When I moved in the house back in 05 I found it in the basement. It was screwed to a wall.

Before and after pic....
190826_144000_COLLAGE-1.jpg

I started taking the Nomad apart today so I could change the clutch, but it got hot, and when I got to draining the oil I decided to go barbecue some steaks instead.
20190826_125433.jpg
Tomorrow I will clean it up a little more and break the case open.

Back