• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all. It was dark and 74 when I woke up about an hour ago. Now it's still 74, but dawn is here. More rain late last night in the form of thunderstorms. OK, that's enough for a while .

Rip, that pencil sharpener looks ready to sharpen pencils for the next generation. I don't know if those are even made anymore.

Cadd, you are half way to being back on the road.

You all have a great day. Be safe.

Morning guys.

I forgot to buy oil and a filter for the Nomad.
I decided not to open the case until I do.

I was going to go early today but discovered about 20 new fry in the sump of my brackish water aquarium. Solid matter isn't supposed to get past the filter floss &
they were also stuck in the floss. This is no good, as they will get chopped in the pump. I dipped them all out and put them in the nursery tank, which now has two dozen Mollies of differing sizes.

My shooting buddy Bob is retiring this week. WooHoo!
I just wish he hadn't screwed up his arm. That's why he's retiring 6 mos early.
I can get him to spot for me, but he might not be shooting or loading for a while.

He has this idea that after living in California 60+ years he will move to Idaho.

I will believe that when I see it.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

It's another beautiful California morning but it will be a hundred degrees by noon and yesterday was 106 on my porch.

Fresno has chosen a new police chief and all the agitators are up in arms because he is a conservative white guy. He did not apply for the job as chief but they could not find a suitable applicant in time and so they kicked him upstairs.

They would have had a black police chief in Fresno, but the guy that was being groomed for the new Chief turned out to be a crook and he is now in prison for drug dealing.

The fact is nobody wants to be the chief of police in Fresno because they immediately become the target of agitators and discrimination lawsuits.

Which in fact have already been filed because the selection process wasn't transparent enough.

Which means the minority people did not get to select a police chief who would coddle them in their constant misdemeanors.

This county is about 51% minorities but the jail population is 75% minorities. Of course the agitators see this as a sign of racism.

After all who can be more guilty than white people! Why we are somehow guilty of every crime that has ever been committed on the Earth.

The Cherokee Nation is now claiming that according to a treaty signed by our government and they are supposed to get a representative in Congress.

Since when does another Sovereign Nation get a representative in our government?

Anyhow we can see what happens when you leave the various nations to their own devices.

I think that if the Cherokee People want something, they should form a political party just like anyone else and run people for office.

I hear a lot of crying about the fact that the u.s. government violated treaties with these Stone Age peoples.

We gave a paper treaty to people who could not read or write and had not developed a written language nor the ability to make tools from metal or ride the horse.

But the big problem with this treaty seems to be that there are virtually no pure-blooded Cherokee Indians left in the United States. All the Cherokee women eventually left the reservation to Escape poverty and widespread alcoholism and become part of mainstream Society.

From what I understand it is almost impossible to find a full-blooded Native American of Any Nation nowadays because there has been constant interbreeding since the 1700s.

So like reparations for slaves, there's a big question about who gets what?

Does a half blooded person get twice as much as a quarter blooded person? There is such a lack of good birth records among a good part of the minority population that I think this would be totally impossible to decode.

As far as the police chief thing I believe who ever is the most qualified with the least personal agenda should have the job regardless of race.

My paternal grandmother was full blood Cherokee. I live near the reservation and a friend of mine owns a trailer park over there.
Like so many the once proud Indian people have become a nation of whiners. If you want to be respected adapt and overcome.

If people spent as much time working as they did sniveling about how they have been wronged and trying to get government assistance/reparations they would have money.

Sorry. Trifling people piss me off. :angry:

Mornin all. Another beauty of a day here in paradise. Looks like nice weather for the weekend. My youngest son is coming down Friday eveniing and staying till Monday. He'll meet us at the lake and stay with us there. They will be riding the trails and rocks in their razer most of the time though.

Anyways, you all have a great holiday weekend.

Mornin fellas.

I'm off to the computer repair place. My laptop doesn't want to charge when it's plugged in. I'm not an electronic guru. So I'm taking it in to have it fixed.

I'll be limited to my phone for a bit. :(

Enjoy the day!

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Rumor has it that my lovely wife is somehow over half Navajo but I never met her parents. I have met her aunt and great aunt who told me this. Her parents never told her anything about this and never had anything to do with any tribal business or customs as far as anyone knows. Her father was a retired from the Army as a gunnery Sgt and served in WWII as a teenager. His actual age and place of birth was unknown, but somewhere in west Texas. Her mom's family are all from Arizona.

I should be out fixing the bike but I'm waiting for my mrs to take her car out of the garage.
Ozzie went to the vet to be fixed and she will pick him up this AM.

I have oil and filter in hand, but still no brake cups 'til maybe Monday.

I'm going to re-work the front end a bit. Some 1" shims and 15wt Torco fork oil. I have to take a bunch of it apart to do the front brake hoses anyhow.

I knew if I started this I'd be wanting a better motorcycle lift. LOL

. . . give a mouse a cookie . . .

;)

Good morning fellas. Rain and 65 this morning at the lake. The highs should be low 80s for the weekend with a chance of more rain through Saturday morning.

Rip, I hope all you need is a new battery. That would be a quick fix.

Cadd, you'll practically have a new bike when you finish. Hopefully you'll have some good riding weather.

Have a great day .

Awww, Meanie, I will have a 16 year old bike with lots of old rubber parts, and chips in the paint.
But I know it well. I don't have to wonder about how it comes apart. ;)

This keeps me (in part) from buying a new bike. New bike = new studies.

I'm going to be busy with other things in the immediate future. Lots of cleanup work and more construction.
I need to fix up the awnings, then the boatyard and kennel, and only then, can I build The Sacred American Mancave
Annex 2.0 (the welding shed.) The GAMCA ver2.0 is still in the rough design stages. I have a lot of steel and fittings I need to use to contain costs.

It needs to incorporate welding curtains too.

Whew!

The real issue is my wife cannot fathom things past about the first two items, and then her interest vanishes. Not her interest in seeing it all completed. Only her interest in understanding the details.

Mornin fellas.
Just went to po mailed out an awesome thank you gift to @Scoop
Dude....I think you will be pleased with it.

Grandkiddoe is on his way over. I think it's fishing day. Drown some worms with em. Test out my new baitcasting reel. See what the hype is on thses things....
Cheers!

I'm so excited I'm getting constipated.
And I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

Using all 7 letters would be required. Ouch!

In less painful news I finally got the Jesus Nut off my clutch. If that nut comes loose on a twisty road I may get to meet Him.
The only time I did this on a Vulcan I had two assistants, but this time I got smart and bought a big air wrench. It wouldn't work at all.

I was just spinning my bald clutch against the weak spring.

I stuck a plastic pipe over the swingarm, in the rear spokes, and put a 1" steel bar inside.

Then I put the bike in gear and cranked the nut off with my biggest breaker bar. 108 ftlbs. It wasn't hard

20190829_121124_resized.jpg 20190829_132229_resized_1.jpg 20190829_160610_resized.jpg 20190830_144931.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Cloudy and 70 . The clouds have been with us for a day and a half now. This should be one of the biggest weekends at the lake but the weather has not cooperated so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I rode over to the dam yesterday to check things out. It appears the rock crawlers and trail riders are going to enjoy the weekend in spite of the weather.

I hope you all have a great day.

mornin fellas.
doing a water change today in the fish tank. getting a little cloudy.
after that, I may go to the store and get some shrimp for the tank. The grandson wants crayfish, but I don't think the fish would enjoy getting snipped while they're sleeping. so, shrimp it is....

enjoy the weekend fellas!

It is 5 minutes to noon, so still morning here. I had a rotten night followed by a worse morning. Now I am contemplating food or finishing my bike.
That means it's time to take my pills and eat. The hardest business with the bike is over now, but I haven't decided to replace the steel plates or not. I think they need it based on color, but it may be no issue.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Well you all know what this means:
20190901_072038.jpg

Little Ozzie went to the vet and got fixed. That damn cone is Wrecking his ears!

The Vines are taking over my patio tank and I think I'm going to be able to grow a substantial Arboretum out of this Aquarium.
1567347064621.jpg

The motorcycle is nearly back together but I am taking my time because I am an absolutely no rush and I am cleaning things up as I go. This bike has a fine coat of sawdust from all my aquarium stand projects, plus a little road goo here and there.

The clutch feels a little stiff now because of the extra heavy Barnett spring but I think it will quit slipping. ;)

I still have to attach one exhaust pipe and a saddle bag and a crash bar so 8 bolts. But there's going to be two hours of cleaning involved before I put that all back and I've already spent about 6 hours in cleaning gasket surfaces and the steel clutch plates.

The truth is that this clutch probably would have lasted a lot longer if I had simply changed the spring, but there was no way I was going to go in there and not change the friction plates after 45,000 miles of my Dreadful Hot Rodding.

Howdy fellas.

Sad day today in the fishtank. One of my new sharks jumped out of the tank. I found em dry on the floor in the doorway. I thought it was a clump of cat hair, but nope. There's a 1" gap in the back of the cover I'm fixing now, so it doesn't happen again.
I think the other shark was chasing em around the tank, as he has been doing, and he shot out like evel knevel over the snake river.
So, this week I need to go get another one.
I've read about fish doing that, but it's a first for me.

Cadd, that tank is cool. Are those water vines or something?

There's a pond basket on the left hand growing Devil's ivy (sold as "Marble Queen" Pothos.) On the right there is a garnet yam stuck halfway through the lid. The herbivorous fish are just scalping the roots off of these so I had to put a basket under the yam as well.

Anyhow the fish eat whatever roots grow through the basket, and the roots help remove nitrates from the water.

This is much better for them than a steady diet of commercial fish Foods, and the fish in that tank have never looked better and I have owned them all for years.

Another reason is to all the live algae that grows in an outdoor tank. The algae eaters are getting rather fat.

Back