• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Most of my Lids are pretty tight on the aquariums, but every now and then I'll be walking across the floor in the middle of the night and step on a big snail that managed to escape.

I put a couple new female guppies in with my school of fancy guppies and they killed one right away. The other one who was identical in appearance to the one that was killed seems to be doing okay with the school.

I got the motorcycle all put back together today and filled it with oil but I haven't started it yet because it is just too hot to ride. At 5pm today it was at 105 on my back porch.

I may go out tomorrow morning early and put about 50 miles on the bike. Everything on it needs to be exercised. So far I've only cleaned one side of the bike and I need to spin it around to do the other side as it was pretty much up against the bench.

The new clutch feels really good on the stand. I spent a lot of time cleaning all the burnt oil off of the metal plates but I wish I had spent $100 and just bought a new set.

I flat sanded each plate on a sheet of glass and then scrubbed those plates with Scotch-Brite and Gumout.

I was serious about removing any contamination that might remain from the old fibers.

Morning guys. I was set to ride the motorcycle this AM after a bit of cleanup. But my good knee is acting bad this AM. I'm sitting here with warm towels and a heating pad trying to get it to settle down.

I will get out there before it gets hot. It's set to be 103 today at the FYI airport. It will always be 5 deg hotter here, because the airport is more windy.

I think I'll take a hot shower and get my riding duds on.

Morning Meanie...thumbnail photos for you today!
These are about 1/2 MB each if you open them.
bagginplate.jpg
I took Baggins the Nomad out for an hour this AM, and it launches off the new clutch like a scalded ape.
20190902_083416_resized.jpg
It was 80+ outside and 85 F in my garage when I got back at 9am, and I needed a second shower.
20190902_083509_resized.jpg
In fact it is a little too tight and drags too much. Once it warms up it's difficult to hit neutral at a stop.
20190902_083445_resized.jpg
Soooo . . . I'm going to wait a little to see if the spring will relax a tad, and drain the Delo 15-40 to replace it with a lighter 10-30 synthetic.

Then I will ride it again and decide whether to open the case and re-set the clearances. I knew I was on the tight side of spec, but with the Barnett spring it's too tight unless you want to drag race.

Last edited:
Good morning all. 73, clear skies, a little bit of wind. We sure had great weather all weekend.

Cadd, that must have felt good to get Baggins out for a spin. That is one good looking Nomad. I did get to ride a couple of mornings this weekend, once to the dam and once all the way around the lake. A complete circuit is about 75 miles. To the dam and back was about 30 round trip.

We head home today. Been here since Thursday. A long weekend, but a good one. My youngest boy and family came down from Omaha Friday. They spent two days climbing the rocks and riding trails below the dam. They went back home yesterday . I bet they slept good last night.

Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks Meanie. I admit it was quite a blast to go riding, particularly because of the tight clutch. It was topping the front suspension if I launched it hard.

Anyhow it's running and reasonably clean, and I am reasonably happy.

Today I am taking a day off from serious chores to go to the movies with Judy.

I need to clean out the garage next, clean up the boatyard, and prepare for more serious things to come.
The boatyard mess is unbelievable. Yikes!

:mornin:
On my second cup of coffee. I found some good stuff with chickory in it. Woo. Thats some strong brew!
:crazy:

Last night I tried to replace an infeed roller on my surface planer. One screw had broken it's mounting area. So that renders the unit usless. So today, I'm going to tear it all apart and sell off the parts if possible. I'm not sure if there's a demand for em, but the 2 rollers I bought are brand new and hopefully those sell.
I bought the unit for $50 a few years ago, so it's not a big loss. But I need one now, so I'll shop around for another one....
This time a new one.

Enjoy the day....

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I am well stocked up on ammunition and components so I'm not going to panic about Walmart. It's such a pain to buy ammunition there in the first place that I'd rather go to the local firearms store and pay an extra dollar a box.

Anyhow, this morning I'm going to go to the bait store and get some worms for my pet Bass. Then I'm planning a serious round of cleanup on the garage and boatyard.

The temperature is supposed to drop a little here so I might actually get out and go shooting on Friday. At least I've cleaned up the garage now to where the safe is accessible.

There are a lot of projects in my mind that I thought I wanted to do years ago when I didn't know exactly what I would be doing now. I thought I would want to set up a computer shop, but I find now that that's the last thing I want to do.

So I've got a whole bunch of things I've been saving in that regard and I think it's time to toss them.

They're taking up a chunk of my garage I will need for other things.

Well I guess life changes and you just have to accept the way things turn out and the fact that you were wrong in the past. ( it certainly wasn't the only time for me.)

Good morning all. Gonna be a hot one here the next couple of days. High 90s today and tomorrow, then dip back into the low 90s for a few more. LOL, I love the dog days of summmer.

Ya'll have a great day.

I rarely buy ammo from Walmart. I might be in there once a month but I check ammo and guns in case something's on sale. Walmart went to hell after Sam died. I remember signs all over the store with the flag on them proclaiming Made in the USA. It didn't take long for the new overlords to phase that out.

No signs are needed now. All that crap is Hecho in China. :angry:

I get most of my ammo from sgammo and the rest from Midway when they have free shipping.

Good morning all. Back into the mid 90s. Last weekends weather was sure nice while it lasted.

Sniffler, I feel the same way about WM. I used to buy a fair amount of ammo there, but lately have been more from local gun stores. I'd rather give them the business even if it's a little more money. This latest move of theirs has pretty much sealed the deal for me.

Rip, the last fish I had must have been over 50 years ago. I couldn't keep them alive to same my life so I gave it up.

You guys have a great day.

Good morning lads. First off sorry about your fish. I like aquariums but know nothing about them.

I just finished with the guys who are roofing my shop and doing some other stuff. The roof and gutters is $5k. :mornin:

Don't have a total yet but I'm guessing another $2k on top of the roofing job.

That would buy a lot of "fun stuff".

I'm at the point of deciding if I want to put an engine in my Suburban or just get a newer vehicle. It shouldn't be a hard decision but I love that old tub.

Last edited:
Well, the water tested good for ph. The nitrates were a smidge high. So I need to vacuum the gravel a lil better.
The petstore girl said it could be overeating. It did like the plecos wafers. Who knows. I do know I'm not getting another goldfish. Too dirty of a fish. It poops more than it eats.

Good morning lads. First off sorry about your fish. I like aquariums but know nothing about them.

I just finished with the guys who are roofing my shop and doing some other stuff. The roof and gutters is $5k. :mornin:

Don't have a total yet but I'm guessing another $2k on top of the roofing job.

That would buy a lot of "fun stuff".

I'm at the point of deciding if I want to put an engine in my Suburban or just get a newer vehicle. It shouldn't be a hard decision but I love that old tub.

Better the devil you know . . .

If you get another one you have to learn to like it all over again.

When mine got smashed, I bought another truck just as close as possible to the last one, but it's not the same one. ;(

New truck = new memories.

Gee . . . .Now I wanna go pickup-camping with Judy.

I had to weld one of my DIY stabilizer bar links today, which I had broken jackazzin around. I extended them for more clearance and welded a new end from a bolt and a coupling nut. I smacked it with a big hammer and normalized it in a bucket of hot aquarium gravel. I learned to torch weld long ago, and I still enjoy it. But I hate to fuss about the setups, and they do take time if you don't have an adequate shop. I don't.

But that will change, I hope and pray. I've started scratching the surface out in the boatyard.

Good morning all. Gonna be a hot one here the next couple of days. High 90s today and tomorrow, then dip back into the low 90s for a few more. LOL, I love the dog days of summer....

These are the days the dog won't leave the A/C of the house!
I haven't much. Not anxious to run around from noon to twilight in the desert sun.

Back