• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning to all of you. Clear skies and 72. It will be another hot and muggy day for us. I'm not complaining though, don't have to shovel heat.

I think we'll head home today, probably mid afternoon.

You all have a great day.

Good Sunday Morning, Mossberg Owners.

Except for a couple little trim boards, some touchup paint, and the roof hinges, the new doghouse is complete and on wheels.
Last, I will tar the roof with some plastic goo and lay shingles. Oh, and it gets carpeted inside. I gotta cut and staple 5 yards of carpet.

How can a simple idea like "build a doghouse" turn into a week long project?

I placed a lot of screws yesterday, essentially building all the remaining trim and framing , and taking it apart to paint all the parts, then replacing everything to paint again. We pre-painted all the lumber and bought pre-painted siding too, so everything gets 2 or 3 coats and all the boards are glued together by the uncured latex rubber. My hands are sore, but I should expect this doghouse to out last me.

The lockdown is lifting here, and people can breathe again.
Plus, it's been hot and sunny, but yesterday a cold wind came in from the ocean and high temps went from the mid 100's to the lo 90's to the lo 70's today, all in 48 hours. And there's been only one arson of an abandoned house, by bums.

We call them transients these days, but they're still bums.
People too burned out on life to either riot or participate much in art of bathing.

There is a constant trickle, moving generally north along the highway 99 corridor 20 miles from here where I sit in retirement luxury.
I'd feel a lot guiltier if we hadn't been shelling out average $50k a year to the welfare state in fees and taxes for 30 years since marriage.
That's a million and a half bucks, just since 1990. Does anyone appreciate my contribution? To the welfare state?
We still have Bums. Always will.

Bums, but no looting thank God.

More doghouse tomorrow . . . ;) . . . it is Sunday.
I'm gonna go cook up a corned beef with potatoes, carrots and cabbage.

I hope things are peaceful where you all live too.

Cadd, if I ever get kicked of the house I want you to build me a dog house. Man that sounds like it is well put together.

Good morning all. We didn't go home yesterday, stayed one extra day at the lake. This morning the temp is 75, gonna be another warm one. We'll see mid 90s again by mid afternoon. It seems like we are about a month ahead of schedule.

Have a great day.

Beautiful morning here in STL Metro area. High to be 91. Woke up to the good news that protests were peaceful yesterday, and they caught the guy who killed a retired police captain. Got him totally dead to rights. No fuzz on the peach. So, that much is good news.

Grandchild #1 is due any day now, Grandma is so excited she can hardly stand it.

Oh, and I did not get around to cleaning guns yesterday. :)

...And there's been only one arson of an abandoned house, by bums. We call them transients these days, but they're still bums.

That reminds me of a lecture my dad gave me when I was still around five. It was about the difference between Hobos and Bums. Basically hobos had skills to sustain living. They could cook, hunt, make clothing, roll cigarettes, barter, "use" transportation to the extent they could take care of themselves. Bums were... well, they were bums then and they're still bums. Don't be a bum.

Oh, and we had ZERO folks trying to come to our subdivision. It is well know that where we live is a gun-loving, gun-owning and gun-supporting community. My neighbors and I planned to post up at our subdivision entrance and exit and just stand there next to our trucks, with our firearms, smiling and waving to anyone who would think it was a good idea to try to march around. :) The local police encouraged us, "Be safe, but it is perfectly legal for you to do what you are planning on doing. If you need help, let us know and thanks for the support."

Good morning MOers. 72 with mostly sunny skies. This afternoon we are supposed to be high 90s again and windy. The weatherman says 20 mph with gusts over 30 mph. That should dry everything out in the garden and flower bed.

We had a small group, maybe 300, March yesterday. It was very peaceful as it was comprised primarily of clergy. They did it the right way.

Have a great day and be safe.

Everybody here who marched when it was 102F wished they'd waited a day, as the temps dipped 20 degrees the following day. I think this miscalculation flummoxed folks, and there haven't been any other large demonstrations here. Just random small groups.

Yesterday we went out shopping and things around town seem calm and a bit more normal. Not normal at all, but a step closer.

Today I will finally finish the doghouse. The roof and hinges are on.

I need to screw in a few parts, and carpet, tar, and shingle. Judy will do the touchup paint.

Last edited:
I may be really, really angry and want to yell and scream, but .... marching in the heat of the day? Forget it. Who does something like that anyway?

Oh, wait....on a blisteringly hot, muggy day in August 1963 just a a few folks (over 250,000) showed up to hear a guy give a speech, right out there in the blazing hot sun. And there he was wearing a suit and tie. And they stood for hours to get a chance to be there and hear him.

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 12.13.41 PM.png

Believe me, all those folks wished for a cooler day.

Well I have finally finished my dog house and it is a huge relief as I sit here with a bottle of cheap champagne celebrating.
90C8CDD8-E718-4F94-BCC6-EC49683EF21E.jpeg
C48CCD0D-6703-4A93-B231-185E8427E13F.jpeg

FDFEED57-AB9A-4702-A9B4-6EFC996CA1DE.jpeg

That same month as I Have A Dream, I was marching around Phoenix and Glendale Arizona in a wool Scout uniform, in the heat of summer, selling tickets to the Boy Scout jamboree.

I thought it would be very difficult and I would never sell, any tickets, but evidently people had a lot of sympathy for the huge amount of sweat I was producing.

I managed to sell almost entire book of tickets in one hot 118F Arizona afternoon. ;)

I was 9. I didn’t have a clue what was going on with Martin Luther King. I do remember seeing Kennedy get shot on our 15” Zenith TV.

A beautiful string of days here, starting this morning.

Meanwhile, the funeral for the retired Saint Louis Police captain killed during the riots is being held today.

Quite protests continue, no violence.

And I'm on PTO starting after a quarterly board meeting today (being held on ZOOM from 8-1).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 6.45.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 6.45.30 AM.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 3
Good morning everyone. It's 64 under a high thin overcast. The wind is blowing about 15-20 mph out of the south. Last evening we had 30 mph with gusts into the mid 40s.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

The weather is about 10° cooler than normal for this time of year which is quite welcome.

According to the local paper 13 other counties in California have been hit worse than our county. Los Angeles county was of course the worst. Some of the more remote counties have had no deaths at all.

Los Angeles has had hundreds but our county so far has only had 38 fatalities attributed to COVID-19. Right now we have about 1000 people testing positive and another 600 have been declared recovered.

That does not include whatever might’ve happened last night as morning paper hasn’t come yet.

You all have a great day and stay negative!

Back