• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. No clouds, no wind, 57 degrees. Chamber of commerce start to the day. High later in the mid 80s.

The puppy has an appointment at 9am to get a bath and toenails trimmed. When we had the Sheltie we did that at home. This guy is much more rambunctious, and we are a little older.

Then it's off to the grocery for some odds and ends. I might even be able to sneak off to the gun store on the way.

You all have a great day.

A beautiful day in the neighborhood...seems like the protests are dying down.

And today is my wife's 37th wedding anniversary and she expects something "nice" ... that does not include a gun club.

And I'm on vacation for the next six days!

Good Morning Folks.
I didn't realize how tapped out I was from working outdoors so much, and yesterday I just sort of flaked out.
I managed to sweep up my sawdust, feed the fish, sketch up a new awning, and make a simple meal.
Otherwise I spent the day snoozing in front of the TV.

Today I will do some work on the new shed and try to get some canvas sewn up.

Good morning all.

Headed to the gun club, our club permits shooting from 8:30 a.m. until sunset every day.

Supposed to be pretty nice today, hitting 90 later in the afternoon, but in the morning....60-80 as time moves on.

No riots. More murder and mayhem in the city, as per the usual, "black lives matter" ... except apparently the nearly daily shootings and killings...every. single. day.

And on that happy note...I'm back to the morning coffee.

Me and the Mrs. spent a nice day yesterday observing our 37th wedding anniversary. I was a child bride.

Good morning everyone. 65 under fair skies this morning with a south wind of about 10 mph. We have another excellent day in store for us. The high later this afternoon should be 90ish.

We'll be heading to the lake this afternoon. The forecast for the weekend is for lots of sunshine and low 90s. I imagine we'll see lots of lake friends.

I have a friend that has a ranch about 20 miles from the lake. I'm going to take a couple of rifles with me and hopefully can make it over to his place and shoot some targets.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Today will be about 88F but Yesterday was a hot one. I was out there fixing up the new shed and cleaning up the boatyard. The shed is not nearly functional yet, but it also had a few defects in design & construction. I still have to rearrange everything in the shed, and in-process projects are clogging up the workflow. I will switch gears and work on my house and my office a bit. Once those bits are finished, I can think about the welding setup, but I still haven't got the electrician out here.

With the long govt subsidies of solar electric, every electrician in the state is probably working OT, and they're all getting burned out. I think the COVID panic screwed their schedule even more. I wouldn't try getting a ventilation or air scrubber system installed.

I've been watching the news about the CHAZ riot. Cops told to stand down.
I started a new thread about this issue in Non-Work Safe.

I hope things are Work-Safe where you live.

Another beautiful day...going to putter around the house today. Big IDPA match at the gun club, so I'll sit this one out and hit it tomorrow.

Only one protest, a few hundred people shut down a major secondary highway...not sure how/why that is legal.

It's time the mayors, city councils, and governors start enforcing the law instead of having the police pull back or stand down.

The liberals in charge of our big cities are complicit in the destruction and violence going on. Too bad our spineless news media won't report it fairly. Then again why would they. They for the most part are in lockstep with the Democrats.

Looking out over the marina from the deck of my girlfriends' condo. We are located on an arm off the main lake, about a mile. The lake itself is about 25-30 miles long.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    431.2 KB · Views: 2
Good morning to all. 82 at 10 am and headed to the mid 90s. We'll be heading home this afternoon.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

Just got back from the gun club...beautiful day..having a very late breakfast, apparently cool people call it "brunch."

High of 82 today.

Local protests blocked traffic on major secondary streets. One of the protestors, frankly, a very ugly looking white young woman, with more tatts than the painted lady in the carnival, got in the fact of a white guy in a jeep, with the doors off. While he was stuck in traffice she yelled at him and waved it in his face and he grabbed it and tore it in half. The police stepped in, calmed them both down. The officer was a black man.

And so it goes.

Happy Flag Day

When the American Revolution broke out in 1775, the colonists weren’t fighting united under a single flag. Instead, most regiments participating in the war for independence against the British fought under their own flags. In June of 1775, the Second Continental Congress met in Philadelphia to create the Continental Army—a unified colonial fighting force—with the hopes of more organized battle against its colonial oppressors. This led to the creation of what was, essentially, the first “American” flag, the Continental Colors.

For some, this flag, which was comprised of 13 red and white alternating stripes and a Union Jack in the corner, was too similar to that of the British. George Washington soon realized that flying a flag that was even remotely close to the British flag was not a great confidence-builder for the revolutionary effort, so he turned his efforts towards creating a new symbol of freedom for the soon-to-be fledgling nation.

On June 14, 1777, the Second Continental Congress took a break from writing the Articles of Confederation and passed a resolution stating that “the flag of the United States be 13 stripes, alternate red and white,” and that “the union be 13 stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation.”

Over 100 years later, in 1916, President Woodrow Wilson marked the anniversary of that decree by officially establishing June 14 as Flag Day.

Little song about “Old Glory.”

Back