• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Wow look at those gray roots! You can tell she hasn’t been to the hairdresser for a dye job since the Covid started.

Hi all. I just got back from Missouri visiting my friends, eating lots of smoked foods, and shooting hundreds of clay birds. I have a cherry red sunburn and I know I will be miserable, but I haven't seen these friends since early 70s. Had a ball, now I need a nap. Also I messed up and took a spill, banged a knee and tore off (halfway) my left big toenail. Now i have to go to the doctor, but, the trip was a much needed break.

Ouch!
Tuesday, I kicked a sawzall laying on the floor.
Wearing sandals.
Took my little toenail half off, but the toe is OK.
The saw was not running, but it was damn sharp.

Good morning. I have not hurt myself...

Another warm morning. Clear and sunny. The forecast has been tamped down a few degrees for the week. They had been predicting three days of triple digits. That has now been changed to mid 90s.

Have a great day and be safe.

Spirits? . . . mighta been a shandy involved . . . sun was well over the roof.

Ultimately, I decided that hot weather was no excuse to work in sandals!

GOOD Morning Mossberg Owners. It's gonna be a lovely 92F today, and I'm going to continue fixing up the junkyard (the boatyard) and put up some better shade. I've been working under a flapping tarp until I have finally made enough access to do something better.

My buddy has been pressing me to go shooting, but I owe the gun club fees and am putting it off for no good reason, except to work.

I'm sure I will work thru it.
;)

Spirits? . . . mighta been a shandy involved . . . sun was well over the roof.

Ultimately, I decided that hot weather was no excuse to work in sandals!

GOOD Morning Mossberg Owners. It's gonna be a lovely 92F today, and I'm going to continue fixing up the junkyard (the boatyard) and put up some better shade. I've been working under a flapping tarp until I have finally made enough access to do something better.

My buddy has been pressing me to go shooting, but I owe the gun club fees and am putting it off for no good reason, except to work.

I'm sure I will work thru it.
;)

Cadd, going shooting, even with all the aches and bleeding toes...I was totally relaxed, calmed and satisfied about everything...after shooting for 2 hours out in that sun. And I don't know why, but the cherry red burn is still there and I don't feel a thing. Did I die, and someone forgot to tell me? Go shoot young man, go shoot. (you're almost as far west as you can go and not get wet.) :sniper:

Another beautiful morning here in Missouri and my last day of PTO before heading back into the office .... I've been on telecommute since March 25.

Today is a "clean the guns" day ... no really, I mean it, I really am going to clean all the firearms I've had out at the gun club for the past several days: Shotgun, AR, Glocks. And it's time finally to get the shooting winter clothes out of the back seat of the truck. :)

And for the first day...no local protests.

Have a good one everyone.

Oh, by the way, I advertised this web forum over on the Facebook Group so we'll see an uptick in new members here.

Good morning MOers. It's an excellent morning here as well. Clear skies and 72 and calm air. We are headed for the mid 90s this afternoon with a slight chance of isolated thunderstorms. We could use some rain.

Routine doctor appointment this morning and a trip to the grocery this afternoon. All in all it should be a fine day.

Have a great day and stat safe.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
Another lovely day in the valley. Nothing burning. People are starting back to work more places.

My shooting buddy canceled, so no rifle range 'til Friday.

Today will be shopping for food and bait. Also I need to fabricate some roller brackets to the new rolling gate,
currently sitting on 2x4 blocks.

I am hoping to take Judy fishing Thursday.
But I haven't been getting too much done outside.

I did break down the 15 year old redwood doghouse. It was embarrassingly chewed up, like I don't feed my dogs . . .
There were 300 screws and mostly stainless so I recovered them and made a big pile of redwood slats and a can of screws.

. . . . I have not hurt myself . . . .

This is how to jinx yourself right proper. You don't want to join the busted toe club too!.

I was telling Judy my toe was recovered fine as I kicked the dog's soccer ball across the grass a bit.

"Sonuvabitzch!!!" I yelled.

There was a sharp flake of rock or wood glued to the ball with dog spit, and it sliced the top of my big toe open.

I was soaking that foot in bleach and gasoline
or maybe it was stabilized rocket fuel,
or vodka with a hydrogen peroxide chaser.
Mighta been liquid plutonium, cause it hurt.

The cursing was not over for quite a while but it's sterile now.
And I was able to go to the bank, walk around Lowes, Savemart, and Tractor Supply Co today, before I finally started wanting to kick slow people in the line ahead. I knew it was time to stop spending money to make me feel good and go home.

Now that that's over, I'm typing with my feet up, and another shandy, plus gourmet Australian licorice, thinking about this big ribeye marinating in dry rub, baby potatoes, and asparagus. Soon...very soon...

I forgot to buy tubes of roof tar at Lowes. (...insert more cursing....) Perhaps it's an omen & I shouldn't climb on the roof for a couple days anyhow. But now is the time to tar. Around 9am it will be the perfect temp to use cold tar mastic (Black Jack usually.)

Also, I had some new fans installed and the roof jacks are still silver, while the rest are red to match the roof.
I want to paint them red while the weather is nice and not 100F.

This is how to jinx yourself right proper. You don't want to join the busted toe club too!.

I was telling Judy my toe was recovered fine as I kicked the dog's soccer ball across the grass a bit.

"Sonuvabitzch!!!" I yelled.

There was a sharp flake of rock or wood glued to the ball with dog spit, and it sliced the top of my big toe open.

I was soaking that foot in bleach and gasoline
or maybe it was stabilized rocket fuel,
or vodka with a hydrogen peroxide chaser.
Mighta been liquid plutonium, cause it hurt.

The cursing was not over for quite a while but it's sterile now.
And I was able to go to the bank, walk around Lowes, Savemart, and Tractor Supply Co today, before I finally started wanting to kick slow people in the line ahead. I knew it was time to stop spending money to make me feel good and go home.

Now that that's over, I'm typing with my feet up, and another shandy, plus gourmet Australian licorice, thinking about this big ribeye marinating in dry rub, baby potatoes, and asparagus. Soon...very soon...

I forgot to buy tubes of roof tar at Lowes. (...insert more cursing....) Perhaps it's an omen & I shouldn't climb on the roof for a couple days anyhow. But now is the time to tar. Around 9am it will be the perfect temp to use cold tar mastic (Black Jack usually.)

Also, I had some new fans installed and the roof jacks are still silver, while the rest are red to match the roof.
I want to paint them red while the weather is nice and not 100F.
*********************************************************************************************************

I did a telehealth video appointment with my VA doc. She said my toe looked pretty nasty and it was red in places and black and blue on other places but didn't look infected. I was told what i already knew..."You're going to lose the nail, but it will grow back. Soak it in epsom salts 2 x per day, take the anti biotics I send you until they are gone, apply triple antibiotic salve and keep it covered. Lastly start wearing shoes instead of sandals, in the apartment as well as outside. No more sandals. I am going to get you in here and have you fitted for diabetic shoes and a sit-down walker. You'll be gettiing a letter. Keep an eye on it and when the nail falls off, send me more pics."

WOW! Last letter I got for falling down was when I was credited with a 100% pin record on my wrestling team. AND, a sitdown walker will be a great fishing seat.

Take care of your feet when you are diabetic. Doctors love to yell at you when you damage your feet. Cadd, I hope yours heal quick. I break a toe about every 8-9 months. Usually the small one on the left foot but occasionally the small one on the right. I think I will start wearing shoes again.

Have a good day all.
h

Good Morning Mossberg Owners. today is another SJV beauty with sunny skies, warm temps and light breezes.

Hombre, I have an old friend with some real issues. Diabetes, foot injuries, neuropathy, plus pancreatitis.

He won't get the real shoes he needs, and wears sandals even to the firing range, and everywhere else.
I've known him 30 years & he is 100 percent mule stubborn. Twice divorced. His self-digesting pancreas convinced him to give up a life of alcoholism. Or at least the booze and beer. He's taking 20 different pills for God knows what.

I'm amazed he survived to 68 years old. He's amazed that medicare didn't pay for all his near death experiences. Medicare payed the limit, whatever that is & now he has an $80k hospital bill, fighting diabetic neuropathy, and probably worse. Sad to the least.
He's so screwed up he won't even get in the boat to go fish.

I'd be fishing with Judy today, but she's at the doctor, trying to avoid infection.
She's been on antibiotics, which is draining, but she seems OK this am.

I have a ton of work planned, but as usual I will only manage about 200# of it.

Ya'll have a fine day,

I had to read that twice. The first time I read, " . . . a telepath video appointment . . ." and I thought,
"Oh wow! Hombre's going all new-age on us!"

One day back in 2005 after I came back to the Quad Cities after my around the country jaunt, (I call it my Run Forrest, Run summer vacation) I got on a bus so i could go visit my friend and ride around her route with her. We were in a Mall in Moline and were on the outer drive heading for the road to the terminal. We were about 100 yds away from our sweep around long John Silver's corner, and a quick right turn onto the exit drive. I was standing across the aisle from the driver and I told her to stop. She said, HUH? I said, right now, stop. I saw a red Mustang out on the main road, 16th street, 150 or so yards away, turn into the approach drive (adjacent to our exit drive). We were stopped, parking brake on. The red Mustang came around the first turn towards Long John Silvers. Then again way too fast over some sloppy ice in the turn toward the bus. The car slid over into our lane and hit the center of the grille of the Mustang on the front left bumper of the 40 ft bus. The bumper got a scratch. The Mustang was totaled.

My friend asked...how did you know? I shrugged. She had to call a supervisor to make the report, as well as a police officer to make a popo report. The cop was suspicious but both had to put it in the report exactly as we reported it.

No joke, and I dont got a million of em, but several more. Weird, huh?

Yer spidey senses went off.

When that happens, we don’t immediately know why.

I have had dreams where that happened but I don’t believe it is ever happened to me in real life, or that I can recall.
It’s subconscious so we don’t know when it’s happening. Sometimes we never realize it did.

At least that’s my current theory based on fine 10-year-old single malt scotch.

Back