• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I was hoping to go fish tomorrow, but I didn't finish my new switch panel. Something came up and took up most of my day.
A dead fish.
We lost a 12" Pleco to predation by cichlids.
Pepper the Plecostomus was with us about 7 years.

So I had a little fish funeral out in our pet cemetery, and changed 150 gals of water.
I wish the lawn had actually needed watering.
And then it rained tonight. LOL

This was Pepper back in 2018. Only 6" or 7" then.
pepper20.jpg

Good afternoon MOers. Cadd, sorry to see Pepper passed.

We drove home today. We spent the weekend cleaning flower pots and beds and planting new plants for the summer. I put new batteries in the timer for the water system as well.

Have a good evening.

Word for the Day

INEPTOCRACY - A DEFINITION

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Pretty much defines America today!

The left likes to equate opportunity with equity. They think everyone should have the same, except for those that govern, those should lead rich and lavish lifestyles.

Good morning all. Cloudy and 66 this morning. The forecast is for a high in the 70s with thunderstorms firing up tonight, some possibly severe.

Have a great day.

Good afternoon guys.

I’m still working on my boat.
F8B91760-3DEF-4DFB-B8C8-1C37E34A1385.jpeg

49A4D2F4-B0E5-4DA4-A484-AE166922A24A.jpeg

22FCD691-DF2E-49D7-823E-505F1AF8F155.jpeg

image.jpg The wood in the switch box was reclaimed from my old kitchen cabinets. I still need to finish the switch panel for it.

I have been working on this box for about six hours. It takes longer when you have used lumber but it’s been aged for 50 years. ;-)

Well it’s been beautiful weather here with bright sunshine and not too hot. I hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday.

Good morning. 66 degrees and raining. It's been raining all night and supposed to continue most of today. I'm not sure how much has fallen, but I would guess between 2-3 inches.

Here's wishing you all the best day possible.

Good morning, Mossies.

Big excitement today.
1. Take trash to recycling center.
2. Start laying out papers for 2020 Federal Income Tax filing.

images

Word for the Day

INEPTOCRACY - A DEFINITION

Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Pretty much defines America today!

That is basically the political version of The Dilbert Principle.

Good morning. Mostly cloudy and 63. The clouds should be gone by afternoon and the temperature is supposed to be low 70s. It looks like a nice stretch of weather has arrived.

You all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

For several days I was working on the boat single-mindedly, getting ready to go fishing today, and when I woke up at 5AM I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I just didn’t feel good enough to do anything except sit around and drink tea.

Today is my daughters 39th birthday, so next year both of my children will be over 40. That’s a pretty sobering thought.

When I was a child I calculated by the year 2000 I would be 45 years old. We would certainly be cruising around in spaceships by then but I would be too old for an astronaut.

Imagine my surprise when I was 13 & we went to the moon. At that point I was thinking that I still had a chance for flight engineer on a space mission.

Then, our idiot politicians choked out the space program.

In the long run, I’ve learned to prefer boating. ;-)

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

For several days I was working on the boat single-mindedly, getting ready to go fishing today, and when I woke up at 5AM I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I just didn’t feel good enough to do anything except sit around and drink tea.

Today is my daughters 39th birthday, so next year both of my children will be over 40. That’s a pretty sobering thought.

When I was a child I calculated by the year 2000 I would be 45 years old. We would certainly be cruising around in spaceships by then but I would be too old for an astronaut.

Imagine my surprise when I was 13 & we went to the moon. At that point I was thinking that I still had a chance for flight engineer on a space mission.

Then, our idiot politicians choked out the space program.

In the long run, I’ve learned to prefer boating. ;-)
Sorry about the lack of oomph..it’s going around at my place too. Luckily,I can write it off as retirement euphoria.lol. I’ve got several years until my kids reach 40..no hurry.. when my grandma died some years ago, 4 of 5 of her kids were on social security and now they all are..lol her youngest is only 4 years older than me...

Good morning. At 9:30 am the temp was 66 under a high thin overcast. The wind is calm and the lake looks smooth. Today is the annual ritual at the marina of "the burning of the socks". We build a small fire and, well we burn our socks to kick off sandal season, lol. Anyways, it's always a good, light hearted time.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning MO's!!

Just got back from my yearly turkey hunting trip to KY. Had a good week, tagged outwith two birds.

Back in the office this week.

We got up to the lake today again and picked up a 16 inch trout and two very nice spotted bass.

212B7202-81B6-449E-8188-768C9C5C1E35.jpeg

F9A3F4BA-4F40-405C-84B2-501D0DA618A6.jpeg

Good Morning MO's!

It's been a long week after returning from vacation. Looking forward to getting back to hunting turkeys this weekend!!

Good morning.sunny skies and 57 at 9:30 am. Looks like a nice day to be out doors. I have some shrubs to trim and a trip to the grocery. I suppose a trip to the dog park might be in order as well.

I hope you all have a great day.

Back