• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Handgun Recommendations and Advice...

Re: need advice

B-rad, I'm not looking to conceal it plus it is huge so I don’t know if they even make those holsters for it.Beside all the room in my pants is taken by my ass LOL

Riper , we should lol, you make grips for one of these yet ?

tcecil88....a lot of the paddle holsters said fits92/96 "except the Elite/Brig". So there must be a subtle difference there that they never wanted to change the mold up for??

So if anyone sees one let me know, meanwhile I don’t need a kydex to own it but .....I hope its just a sign of the A1 just being new and not that the aftermarket isn’t going to do anything for it, this will be added to the decision process

For those of you familiar with this weapon, Do you think the m9A1 holsters will accept the 96A1 ?

I'm in the process of making Vertec grips for L.E.S. at the moment. Im going to be getting some grips for guns I'm going to specialize in so I have some patterns for them.

you the man, I can shape metal ok and turn wrenches all day and see hay things work but I am not a wood worker thats for sure.

So it looks like the trigger guard is different in the m9A1....reading though and it sounds like people generally like the 92/96A1's over the m9A1 due to the improvements made to the frame, so it’s probably just a matter of time....hopefully

good to know, thanks LES

I just spent my lunch handling the 96A1 down at Sportsmans , what a nice piece.....felt kind weird being the only guy there not drooling over a striker gun but I don’t even care, that Beretta is silky smooth, nice trigger, to me anyway, and just a real good fit in my hand....the double action first pull is nicer than I am used too and the single action pull is right there with anything I have felt……and it is made in Italy, didn’t think they were true Italian Beretta’s so that’s cool.

I'm only just realizing... The 96 will fire duoble action? So weird I'm probably gonna have to have one...

RipJack! I still need to get grips to yoy too! I dont know I could do a holster for the 96, probably not without having the gun in my hand. I guess I could do one from a "blue gun" and get pretty close. Heck, how long have I had my 1911 though and I havent done a holster for that! :lol: The cobblers children never have shoes! I'd really like to be able to make hybrid holsters...

Oli, you need bigger pants!!! :lol:

Glad to hear you like the feel of the 96a1 oli!

Wait 'til you shoot one. The Beretta action is among the smoothest I've ever fired...

Rossignol said:
RipJack! I still need to get grips to yoy too!

The cobblers children never have shoes! I'd really like to be able to make hybrid holsters...

whenever is good...did i give you my address?

the carpenters house is never finished....

oli700 said:
I just spent my lunch handling the 96A1 down at Sportsmans , what a nice piece.....felt kind weird being the only guy there not drooling over a striker gun but I don’t even care, that Beretta is silky smooth, nice trigger, to me anyway, and just a real good fit in my hand....the double action first pull is nicer than I am used too and the single action pull is right there with anything I have felt……and it is made in Italy, didn’t think they were true Italian Beretta’s so that’s cool.

Striker guns are OK, but I like hammer guns more too. It's probably embedded in my genetic coding somewhere.

Plastic fantastic is alright, but there's just something classic about steel and wood I like more.

As for you liking the feel of the gun, I agree, they're pretty nice.

John A. said:
Striker guns are OK, but I like hammer guns more too. It's probably embedded in my genetic coding somewhere.

Plastic fantastic is alright, but there's just something classic about steel and wood I like more.

As for you liking the feel of the gun, I agree, they're pretty nice.

We knew each other in another life. I couldn’t believe how it reminded me of my p89 yet better. I can tell I will be able to run this gun cleanly right off the bat….real familiar.

There seems to be some good after market for Beretta so the holster will come but after I dry fired, checked the trigger reset, decocked, pulled the double action, pulled the slide, pushed the slide a bunch of times I would carry it in a sock tied on my belt loop and have a big smile on my face

oli700 said:
There seems to be some good after market for Beretta so the holster will come but after I dry fired, checked the trigger reset, decocked, pulled the double action, pulled the slide, pushed the slide a bunch of times I would carry it in a sock tied on my belt loop and have a big smile on my face

:lol:

It seems that the decision is made, when you gonna get it so we can see it? :mrgreen:

Going to wait for my taxes, should DD on the 15th so with in two weeks I would say. I dont know how long Davidsons would take to ship it, but I am hoping to have it in my hand with in the next two weeks

You're going to absolutely love it.

Congrats on a great choice!

Holy crap you guys I finally got my hands on a CZ 75 p01 and a 96fs side by side.....I'll just post what I end up with... The CZ was all that, enough that I am reconsidering, even reconsidering the caliber....I never had a gun feel like that in my hand....I should have just left it alone damn it

Back