• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi from central PA...

not new to shotguns, just this website. I also own one Mossberg, a late 70's M500 riot gun...

photo+3+%25281%2529.JPG

Welcome from MI!!

Love that gun, looks to be in great shape and I am partial to the wood hardware.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pic of your 500. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thanks I look forward to participating. Also have a ton of weapons pictures!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hey! Welcome aboard!
There are a few of us from PA and now you make 3 from Central PA.

I am from Ebensburg and there is another member from Johnstown.
What fantastic part of PA are you from?

Itsricmo said:
Hey! Welcome aboard!

I live between Harrisburg and Hershey. A native of the area... :)

Hershey, PA! Sweeeet! :D
You probably get that a lot. :oops:
Greetings from sweltering Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a 100 degrees here at high noon. How's the weather in Pa this time of year?
Welcome to the Mossbergowners website! :D
Beautiful wood furniture on the shotty! Like that. :)

Slugo48 said:
Itsricmo said:
Hey! Welcome aboard!

I frequently work out in Enola, Rutherford and Harrisburg for Norfolk Southern Railway. I would much rather not go any further east then Rutherford though lol Hershey starts getting questionable and the closer to Redding you are... you should start looking into a carry piece :lol:

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13
smiley-greet013.gif

Itsricmo said:
Slugo48 said:
Itsricmo said:
Hey! Welcome aboard!

I frequently work out in Enola, Rutherford and Harrisburg for Norfolk Southern Railway. I would much rather not go any further east then Rutherford though lol Hershey starts getting questionable and the closer to Redding you are... you should start looking into a carry piece :lol:

And where do you reside!?! "Hershey starts getting questionable", where does that come from. Ever been there. Its a utopia compared to 99% of the cities in the US. There is no crime. And, you misspelled Reading...

PS: I carry Sigs, Glocks and Smith's - thank you...

Welcome from central PA! You found a great site. I'm about an hour from you.

Have you been to Trop's since the new owner took over?

Itsricmo said:
I frequently work out in Enola, Rutherford and Harrisburg for Norfolk Southern Railway. I would much rather not go any further east then Rutherford though lol Hershey starts getting questionable and the closer to Redding you are... you should start looking into a carry piece
You'll have to forgive Itsricmo. I have been trying to educate him on this part of the state. Some of the cities like Harrisburg and Reading are not very good but most areas are pretty darn nice. Hershey is outstanding and they keep the roads and homes in great shape!

Oh yeah, very nice riot gun!

Thanks! I have been a Trop customer for over 20 years. I miss the old gang. The new owner leaves allot to be desired. Mostly black plastic these days. But I do use them to ship and receive my guns. I also buy 75% of my ammo from them. I also shop at Shyda's for my reloading supplies.

I'm an avid sporting clays shooter, shotgun buyer, seller and collector - Browning, Beretta, Caesar Guerini, etc.

Slugo48 said:
The new owner leaves allot to be desired. Mostly black plastic these days.

I would tend to agree from what I have read. I did pick up my 10/22 from there and had good service. For the most part I don't get there unless I'm in the area for something else to make the trip worth it. If you aren't on their email list I would suggest signing up for it to get earlier sales notices.

Slugo48 said:
I also shop at Shyda's for my reloading supplies.

I always liked Shyda's. I got half of my guns there back in the early 90's and they really went out of their way to help me get one of them during the 1994 assault weapon ban buying spree.

PM me if you ever want to unload one of those 70's era riot guns! ;)

You guys need to work the rail yards sometime... While "it's pretty darn nice" in your areas, the places of loot and bounty are horrible places to be at 2am working in the pitch black darkness. As far as my spelling goes, yeah that was my bad lol... Hershey is like the pivot point where working on the ground starts to get dangerous. As you go further towards Jersey by rail it gets worse and worse. Sigs would be nice if we were allowed to carry on duty. It was also a joke about looking into a carry piece.

I live in Ebensburg, right off of 422 and work out of Altoona Rail Yard

Itsricmo said:
the places of loot and bounty are horrible places to be at 2am working in the pitch black darkness.

Itsricmo said:
As you go further towards Jersey by rail it gets worse and worse.

Oh I believe you Rick. I can imagine that the rail yards attract quite a variety of unsavory types. It's not the romantic image of a hobo in the 1930's anymore. I'd think the rail yards in Harrisburg would be pretty crappy too.

This reminds me...I read that a new season of Amish mafia is starting up! :D

Back