• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi from central PA...

Woodenstock said:
Can anyone tell me if a barrel with the C-LECT choke and a raised rib is a legit barrel combination?
I have seen many C_LECT barrels in different gauges.But don't recall any with a rib too!!! :?:

Uhh... good question... lol I don't have experience with any of them. If they are the same as the Mossberg Accu-Choke system or whatever they call it, I don't see why it wouldnt be fine :?:

Itsricmo,I did some research and found out that it is a legit barrel configuration.Mossberg called that set-up the 500AKR I have the 500AK.There is a AKR barrel for sale on the net so I may try to get it to add to my collection.The Accu-Choke system is internally threaded and you have to change out the chokes.The C-LECT choke are externally threaded and you have setting for IC, MOD, and full by turning the choke knob to what ever you want.Its a love hate affair with that system but I am on the love side of it since I have used this style for 51 years.Old dogs and new tricks!!!! I just don't like carrying a bunch of chokes in my vest pockets.....

Back