• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How often do you clean your firearm after use?

How often do you clean your firearm after use?

• Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Always

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
I personally field strip and clean after each use and will do a full tear down every so often.

Yea I battle with my OCD on a daily basis but I doubt I could win and not let myself clean the gun after use...

yea i normally just run the brush down it. once in awhile if im bored enough i will tear her completely down....

Here is one I stole from youtube.

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kohb6knaeO8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kohb6knaeO8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kohb6knaeO8[/youtube]

To post a youtube video there is a youtube function on the upper right side and you have to copy the link of the youtube video and paste it in. Unlike other forums where you have to do the embedded video option this one you only need the link.

I detail all of my firearms at least annually, some more often subject to use. I generally clean the bore after each outing. On some of my paper punchers I clean the bore every 15-20 rounds. I clean my auto hand guns whenever they start to act up. With most of the modern propellants that we use today, cleaning isn't as important as it was years ago. The main reason I clean my bores as often as I do is to prevent or get rid of metal fowling. This is particularly true with my ultra velocity pieces and my small bore stuff (17 & 20 cal rifles).

I dont clean them very often... uhh, something like 500 rounds through the 590A1 and its been cleaned twice. I like to think i clean them more, but I dont.

My handgun gets cleaned once a week even if I don't fire it. I clean the AK when I get really bored. Everything else gets cleaned the same day or maybe the next morning.

well, Ive been bored enough in the evenings I've cleaned my guns twice in a week now. So thats kinda like making up for it right? :D

I field strip and clean mine after every trip to the range. I actually enjoy it. I also see it as a great opportunity to inspect my firearms for any abnormal wear or damage.

Years ago I would put my guns away dirty but that changed and they get cleaned after every use, heck sometimes they cleaned if they haven't been used!! :)

I haven't fired my rifle yet,I'm waiting to hear back from Mossberg's customer service regarding a malfunction before I can use it.
But,we went to the pistol range last week with an assortment and I cleaned them all the next day.
With the humidity here they all need to be cleaned once a month or so during the Summer even if not used.
Bob

The manual of my Persuader says every 200 rds at least. I clean after every use, which means at least once a month.

I enjoy cleaning my guns, believe it or not. When I go to the range, I let the weapon cool down a little bit after I'm done, then put a little CLP on the aft end of a bore snake and run it through the bore a few times, then when I get home, they get a good cleaning. Added to that, if I am sitting around on a day off, I might pull one of the guns out, field strip it and clean it pretty well, even though it hasn't been shot since the last time I cleaned it.

How about "none of the above"?

I "half clean" my moss 500 each time I use it. I pop the barrel, wipe everything I can reach with a paper towel, and do a quick clean of the bore with a mop and patches. Then I spray a little clp on it and put it away. Once a year i field strip it and clean it right.

Other guns I might baby more, but this seems to work for the Mossberg.

Back