• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa

Stars N Bars.......Damn that is a beautiful weapon. What is the bayonet package you used? Very nice!!!

hawkeye101 said:
Stars N Bars.......Damn that is a beautiful weapon. What is the bayonet package you used? Very nice!!!

Hi HawkEye! Welcome to MO!

There are two guys that have that model, LES is one of them. I believe the bayonet lug is the standard lug on the 590/590A1.

Yup, mine came with the same set-up...

Or at least I think youre referring to the laser etched American Flag on the 590?

7646671030_fe82e1006a.jpg

After seven months of waiting for the 20" heavy wall barreled heat shield my brother ordered from Aimpro, the heat shield came in yesterday.

Thank to all who helped me earlier in the past year.

shellslinger said:
7646671030_fe82e1006a.jpg

After seven months of waiting for the 20" heavy wall barreled heat shield my brother ordered from Aimpro, the heat shield came in yesterday.

Thank to all who helped me earlier in the past year.
Very very nice!!!

That looks great!!!

Looks nice and ready for business!

photo+%281%29.JPG

Today, I join the elite club of Mossberg 590 owners (model 50665).

Upgrades to be made: ATI Talon pistol grip, some kind of forend replacement, CDM gear BMT w/ 3 slot rail, a flashlight and a sight. Haven't decided what kind of sight or forend but the research is about to begin. Any suggestions are welcome. Bayonet will added at some point.

I'm also looking at the Black Aces tactical quad rail or the Hahn Precision "Safety Rail Extended" top mount. Not sure if that's worth $85 but we'll see. That's what I've got for now

Hi all well here's my new 590a1

Attachments

• 590a1.jpg
    590a1.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 804

Fine lookin boomsticks Gentlemen!

Fellas, those are AWESOME! Beautiful firearms!

MGrace, what are you goin for in the way of sights? What kind of stuff do you like? Have you been able to shoot much yet? I think gettin a feel for the way it handles will help shape what may or may not work for you.

Well, after a few minutes of hard work, I've finished installing the ATI Talon Pistol grip and cutting out the foam in my Pelican 1720 case.

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

I'm very happy with the results and can't wait to keep adding on!

Rossignol, I'm looking primarily for an iron sight/red dot. I just want something that is function with easy target ID. I don't hunt (yet), it's more for personnel protection and home defense. The thing that would be the most helpful would be suggestions of how to start the research on that.

For easy and quick target aquisition, its difficult to beat a fiber optic. You can can them in the factory OFM 5/40 thread for a direct swap of the factory bead.

I use a Meprolight tritium bead. Nice bright white dot during the day, and glows in the dark. I like it!

Either way, on beads with a higher profile, you may have to adjust your hold on target. Typically you would sight across the top of the receiver as a level plane and showing the bead with your point of aim (POA) at 6 o'clock. This hold may result in low point of impact (POI) I've found, as well as another of our members, Oli. So the fix was easy enough, just hold a higher POA.

The red dot, is an altogether seperate issue, and I'd recommend something as low a profile as you can get. For me, a taller profile meant not bein able to get a decent cheek weld, which just hurts later. Rattles your teeth too. I wanted to use mine for slugs and was sighting in with full power Fed PowerShok. You can check out the optics section for better ideas, there are quite few posted and reviewed in there, from micro red dots to irons and fiber optics.

Let us know if we can be more helpful!

For a PD/HD firearm, it's a good idea to keep it simple.

It's hard to beat a bead sight for fast target acqusition and the best part is, they don't need batteries. I'd hate to reach for my shotgun with an intruder in the house only to discover that the batteries in the red dot were dead and it's blocking line of sight to the bead. I run a micro red dot on my 590, but it's a recreational gun for the range.

My 590A1 and 930 SPX

Attachments

• 590A1 004.JPG
    590A1 004.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,544
  • 590A1 012.JPG
    590A1 012.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 1,544

Nice twins you have there Jay H and welcome aboard!

Back