• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is this worth restoring?

thanks mossy that vid will come in handy but the gunsmith was actually talking about filing the pitted areas with a file before starting the polishing. The term he used spoke to the type of filing procedure.

express said:
thanks mossy that vid will come in handy but the gunsmith was actually talking about filing the pitted areas with a file before starting the polishing. The term he used spoke to the type of filing procedure.

ya got me on that one. i assume he wants to fill the pitting with some material or process and the polish.
maybe one of our MO smittys will help explain.

no. bobs lists one but will not respond! dead ends everywhere else. I will finish de-bluing and polishing the parts this weekend. Then off to the LGS for re-bluing. They can repair the stock and forend so I'll price that. I was really hoping to find a new set with nicer grain to give the gun more character but.....

did you try calling Numrich ? 866.686.7424
i found out you can't always go by their web page. :)

express,,,,,i just spotted this on e bay. down the page aways. :)

thanks but no go! I need the style for a bottom safety. man I'm getting tired of sanding on this thing! making progress but sloooooowly

express said:
thanks but no go! I need the style for a bottom safety. man I'm getting tired of sanding on this thing! making progress but sloooooowly

i'll keep an eye out for ya.

Attachments

• you-can-do-it.jpg
    you-can-do-it.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 78
I am very happy with the way the furniture turned out too however, it is not my work. A local gunsmith shined it up for me. I've been short on extra time so after not touching this gun for months and having zero luck with a replacement stock I decided to see what he thought about it. I told him I was in no hurry. The next day he sent me pic #1. I picked out a finish and the following day he sent pic #2. Pretty cool! We also decided that cold blue was the best fit for this gun. He showed me a few example rifles and I liked the way they looked. I did 95% of the sanding and prep on the metal parts. He will give it one last fine touch and the cold blueing. As energetic as he is when it comes to bringing firearms back to life I wouldn't be surprised if I see a final pic in a few days.

She's a beauty express. Very nice work. Glad you decided to bring it back to life.:)

Thanks Mossy! I am too! Pics aren't the best but it is really nice considering what I had to work with. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Glad we decided to take this route. Not a lot of money into it and it has the look and feel of an old cared for firearm. A big thanks to all of you who helped!!!!

Oh wow. She sure cleaned up well.

I would be very proud to call it my own.

Back