• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

More riots; this time Baltimore

Gov just called up the NG. Presser @8:30et. I wonder if they will bring guns or just stand around and watch?

Gov just called up the NG. Presser @8:30et. I wonder if they will bring guns or just stand around and watch?
I'll guess they will stand around and watch.

The mouth piece for the mayor has clarified what she meant to say:
"What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.
The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement."

"What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.
The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement."

That's a load of BS or she is a lot more stupid than we give her credit for. And her PR people should be fed to the rioters.

Gov. presser on now. Want's 5000 more leo including volunteers from surrounding states in addition to the NG. City wide curfew from 10pm to 5 am for the next week at least.

NG General says will bring guns, up armored hummers and "other equipment". Probably Strykers, APC's, and trucks.

This is just getting started.

It's ashame that some people are taking advantage of this sad situation. I hope that justice can be served to all the guilty parts evolved in the riots. Shame on some us who make racist comments that also do not help at all. We have turned our heads to an on going of events that have resulted in the death of innocent lives. Instead of our words be used for hate and anger much like those in the riots. Let our words be of prayer. Watch closely there wasn't just blacks. It's not just a Baltimore riot it's our riot too. Justice must be just that justice for all. This is just MO. Why hate each other? There are so many others who hate Americans black, white, yellow and red.

It's ashame that some people are taking advantage of this sad situation. I hope that justice can be served to all the guilty parts evolved in the riots. Shame on some us who make racist comments that also do not help at all. We have turned our heads to an on going of events that have resulted in the death of innocent lives. Instead of our words be used for hate and anger much like those in the riots. Let our words be of prayer. Watch closely there wasn't just blacks. It's not just a Baltimore riot it's our riot too. Justice must be just that justice for all. This is just MO. Why hate each other? There are so many others who hate Americans black, white, yellow and red.

With all due respect(and I do respect your opinion) , tonyj265, this crap has been left to happen far too long. For far too long we've heard "you owe us", "it is our right to riot", "we're taking what we're owed". This is not about the people of all colors who want to protest the never ending series of police mistakes and cover-ups. It is about those that want to use what otherwise would be a very reasonable response to a very unreasonable ending to an arrest to create havoc. You are correct that there is more than one color out there causing destruction, lose of life and general mayhem. But prayer isn't going to help them. These are nothing more than rabid animals and answer to nothing except more powerful violence. They need to be beat down before they will respond.

If your business or family were in the middle of that mess called Baltimore, where the mayor, in her infinite wisdom, has decreed that the police stand down while rioter, looters, murders and rapist run free, would you try to reason with them, pray for them or would take up arms and defend against them? Would you call for a more active police presence and response in order to protect the things and ones you love and worked so hard for? There may be a time to turn the other cheek but this isn't one of them. And that is my opinion.

Everyone should do whats good for them. Even the most religious folks got to be recognizing when prayer just isn't going to help some people or correct their actions in a timely manner.

Thanks OhioArcher I have been in that situation. I lived in Cincinnati Ohio when the riots happened after a young black man was shot in the back. Over a jay walking ticket. I have even had some attempt to break in my home where I lived with my 3 sons 7,6, 2 and wife. I stopped him hard. I saw first hand. MO is what it is because I watch time and time again how the media, lime light grabbers and simple minded people twist things around to fit their agenda. I don't agree with the riots. I see a bunch of people black and white involved in the riot. So why pick one group out? Entitlement I don't believe in that one bit so I don't listen to a fool.

As far as not sending the police officers and National Guard to put a hold on the situation that was a huge mistake. Just more issues to come up later. Damn if you do damn if you don't.

It becomes about race when we make statements about events that happened during segregation. Color does play a role when we make comments about them people those people. Again MO. I am glad others are willing to voice theirs as well.

I will continue to pray for the Gray family and the city of Baltimore and it's people.

Nothing wrong with praying for people.

But people make their own decisions on what they do.

I have nothing against protesting.

But you wanna act like an animal and cause harm and damage, that's not protesting. That's just stupid. And unfortunately, there's too much of it going around and no cure.

When Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake stepped up and said they were making room for them to act out; this is what they heard.

the_purge_minimalist_poster_by_angrydogdesigns-d64o73a.png

I was stationed in Millington (a few miles north of Memphis) from '67-'71, and walked SP in downtown Memphis about once a month. I was on duty the night King was whacked and heard the shot. What's going on in Baltimore now reminds me of the crap that began in Memphis the next day. This will spread from Baltimore to other cities, just like it did back then, only faster; especially if the NG and imported LEO start busting caps. The gangs will see to that. It's already way beyond anything to do with the punk that died in custody.

I hate to say this, but the only way riots like this will stop is if bad guy's bodies start piling up. Raise a brick at a LEO or NG, get shot in the head--period... I don't care WHAT farking color someone's skin is. :mad: Or if they are a 17yo "child"! :rolleyes: LEO and NG have every right to defend themselves...

Trying to placate the savages is doing NOTHING and is only encouraging similar behavior elsewhere.

I've had my run-ins with LEO in my youth and treated them with respect and for the most part, been treated with respect and fairness in return. There was a lot of "letting me go" for minor crimes such a underage drinking and maybe the smell of cannabis in the car (not mine! ;)).

I have many friends that are LEO--they are normal guys and gals that go home to their families when their shift is over and do "normal" stuff with their communities... They do NOT want to be killed or injured on the job. That said, I'm sure there are incidents of "excessive" force that go on all the time--that is the way it used to be and built respect for the local LEO. Mess up or do something stupid and you risk getting slapped around by the sheriff! This was a VERY good deterrent for me!

I was stationed in Millington (a few miles north of Memphis) from '67-'71, and walked SP in downtown Memphis about once a month. I was on duty the night King was whacked and heard the shot. What's going on in Baltimore now reminds me of the crap that began in Memphis the next day. This will spread from Baltimore to other cities, just like it did back then, only faster; especially if the NG and imported LEO start busting caps. The gangs will see to that. It's already way beyond anything to do with the punk that died in custody.
my dad was i the army then in the same area, said it was pretty hectic

My Dad was working in the steel mills in Gary, Indiana during the King riots.

He told me he had to hide in a garbage dumpster to escape a lynch mob of blacks who were chasing him to beat/kill him just because he was white.

My Dad was working in the steel mills in Gary, Indiana during the King riots.

He told me he had to hide in a garbage dumpster to escape a lynch mob of blacks who were chasing him to beat/kill him just because he was white.

Warnings of the same thing are going out now. Saw a quick video shot of a MRAP on the street this morning, so the NG is moving in.

Law enforcement intelligence officials have put out a warning that someone has sent a text calling on people to kill “all white police officers” in reaction to the death of Freddie Gray while in Baltimore police custody, raising fears violence could spread nationally, according to safety memos obtained by The Washington Times.

Officers are being warned of possible ambushes and urged to change travel patterns and to tone down clothes or emblems that identify them as police.

The Baltimore police department separately put out a press release on Monday saying various gangs, including the Black Guerrilla Family, Bloods and Crips “haver entered into a partnership to ‘take out’ law enforcement.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-attacks-white-police-officers/#ixzz3YbIA1MnR
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

A CNN correspondent covering the Baltimore anti-police riots live indicated rioters were openly hostile towards “anyone… who was not African-American.” (WATCH: Rioting Punk Taken Down By Baltimore Police)

CNN correspondent Miguel Marquez described the scene on the ground: “It was a frightening scene. Young people, male and female, holding rocks, bricks, bottles, sticks.”

“Very, very angry to see anybody driving in a rental car who was not African-American,” he reported, “and very, very threatening to us.”
http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/27/c...g-anybody-who-was-not-african-american-video/

Pepper spray and bean bag shotgun loads used last night...cops basically stood there and watched it burn

Curfew posted for tonight...National Guard finally deployed...these animals are burning down their own neighborhoods...

Damn shame for the good people who live and work there.

Back