• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Best recoil reducing tactical stock for 500?

Archametes said:
. . . I have the modded slide release levers (made of one piece cold rolled steel) and in stock
Can you provide a link or more explanation? I'm not aware of what these levers are or what they do.

Thanks.

Extends the release lever back towards the thumb for ease of use, tactical opening for a breech load, etc....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365857277.942323.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21365857277.942323.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 573

I have the Phoenix KickLite. It works pretty well. My wife still ended with light bruising on her shoulder so I added a Limbsaver M4 recoil pad but haven't had a chance to shoot with it yet.

Yes, the poor access to the slide release was an un-foreseen issue I found when I installed my ATI pistol grip stock. I love that release extender providing thumb access. Anyone know where those can be obtained?

bwalker said:
Yes, the poor access to the slide release was an un-foreseen issue I found when I installed my ATI pistol grip stock. I love that release extender providing thumb access. Anyone know where those can be obtained?
. . . and does it still allow the ATI side-folder to fold flat to the left side?
ATIsidefolder-640.jpg

As far as the side folder I don't know since I don't have one. But, given specific dimensions I can probably make one to work with it. And as far as obtaining one, I make them. I currently have 3 styles to choose from. Search my "500 slide lock release" thread.

That slide lock release is pretty sweet!

I assume you still have to flip the paddle in and up direction, right?
Do you bump it at all under recoil??

Yeah you would just slip your thumb up and pull the slide back. I don't bump it at all, and there are 3 styles that I made. One just comes back about .25 inch off the factory location so it's pretty short.

Itsricmo said:
That slide lock release is pretty sweet!
+1

Archametes said:
. . . These are laser cut from .125 Cold Rolled Steel . . . .
Would Parkerizing be the best way to make the lever black? Or are they available from you already blacked out?

I just painted it with Krylon primer and Rubberized undercoat for rust protection and a semi nonslip surface.

Reviving an older thread, I finally got my 590...and have a quick question. Anybody know who makes the 6-position stock that Mossberg uses on some of their shotguns?
I'm still heavily considering the ATI, but figured I'd ask.

As of the last time I saw, the new Mossberg 500 Tactical comes with the ATI Talon Stock. I could be wrong that its ALL of them but the one I personally held at Gander Mtn. did.

Re: Phoenix Technology kick lite stock

I finally got one delivered and installed it tonite. I took off the ATI 6-position stock that came with my tactical persuader. There was a little plastic spacer between the receiver and the stock which I took out so it fits better. The end drops off faster so my cheek weld is more like a jaw weld. Will try out the recoil reduction tomorrow.

I'm on my way to the range with one on my Maverick 88. Installed it Wednesday evening

Jeff

Sent from my Droid. Spelling errors are the phone. Logic errors probably aren't...

Just left the range. This stock is light years better than the original all, recoil is halved. The shell carrier did okay but it feels cheap. The adjustable stock was easy to get to my personal sweet spot and the pistol grip allows shots from the hip just fine.

The only issue is that the fit and finish are rather cheap as well. But it's a keeper.

Jeff

Sent from my Droid. Spelling errors are the phone. Logic errors probably aren't...

Same here, no sore shoulder anymore, but the hard plastic handle hurts my hand. I am going to make me a "Redneck Houge Grip". Cut off a slab of old tire rubber and duct tape it to the back of the pistol grip.

Back