• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Phoenix Technology kick lite stock

I am glad to hear you guys are enjoying your Phoenic Technology kick lite stocks!

Re: Phoenix Technology kick lite stock

Hmmm, I tried pulling on the pistol grip to firmly seat the butt in my shoulder pocket and got a cheek slap. I hold the pistol grip normally and get a sore palm. What am I doing wrong?

Stocks

I bought the famous Mossberg 500 field/tactical flex combo. I got it all black but was wondering if anyone knew where to find a walnut or any wood forend/stock set. Ive looked all over line but couldnt find anything. I dont mind the black but the stock is kind of crappy and if I am getting a wood stock, i want the matching forend. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Stocks

To my knowledge you would have to remove the FLEX adapter for the stock and get a new slide tube assembly for any other stocks and / or forends to work. I don't believe at this time they have wood furniture for the 500 that works with the FLEX system... But I could be wrong.

^ Nope, you nailed it Shoten.

Welcome aboard bigneil79.

What you're trying to accomplish is possible, but only after taking the steps Shoten outlined above...

Beat me to the punch. Lol.
So far, only synthetic/composite stocks and forend are available for the flex.
Wood furniture can be done, but will involve the removal of the TLS for the stock and a standard slide action tube to replace the flex slide tube, which is not compatible with any forend attachments other than a flex type forend.

Thats a shame. I love this firearm. Again, the stock isn't really up to my standards. I know ATI sells alot of stocks. I just dont like the whole "hollow" idea of the stock. It felt sturdy on the outside but when I took it apart to clean it when I bought it, I saw the hollow stock and felt a little dissatisfied.

bigneil79 said:
Thats a shame. I love this firearm. Again, the stock isn't really up to my standards. I know ATI sells alot of stocks. I just dont like the whole "hollow" idea of the stock. It felt sturdy on the outside but when I took it apart to clean it when I bought it, I saw the hollow stock and felt a little dissatisfied.

I have a wood stock and the ATI 6 pos Talon stock. I really like both, and swap between the 2 depending on the day :) . And once you remove the adapter for the FLEX system you can use either or swap around for what your using it for. I know on here is a whole post full of info for removing the adapter. As far as the forend, removing the tube assembly is pretty easy, just depends on which one you get to replace it and whether or not you'll need the adapter nut from Hogue. Either way I would not let a small issue of whether you like a hollow stock or not ruin your enjoyment of the gun as a whole unit and investment.

Just my .02 though.

bigneil79 said:

Hey BigNeil, have you checked out any of our newer stocks for the 500? They are definitely not hollow and a large upgrade from what ATI stocks were just 5 years ago (new ownership). Here's a link to check them out and let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.atigunstocks.com/59-mossberg-tactical-stocks

ATIgunstocksUSA said:
bigneil79 said:

Hey BigNeil, have you checked out any of our newer stocks for the 500? They are definitely not hollow and a large upgrade from what ATI stocks were just 5 years ago (new ownership). Here's a link to check them out and let us know if you have any questions!

http://www.atigunstocks.com/59-mossberg-tactical-stocks

Yeah, I looked at them. I am Going to use this for hunting and frankly, I don't need those fancy shmancy stocks. Ill figure something out. Although I have a Mosin Nagant 91/30 and I really like the monte carlo stock you have for it. And also how I can purchase the bolt handle and scope mount. That was a real problem for me.

Awesome, ATI reps actively post/participate here!

I just recently picked up the ATI pistol grip forend kit, I love just about everything about it.

Everything from the price, function, material, texture, and especially the aesthetics; it's got a nice shape to it - it's not bulbous (and ugly, imo) like the TacStar fore end.

I went quite out of my way to get this grip over the Tacstar, for the aesthetics alone.

My only minor gripe is that the pistol grip itself would twist within the front/rear adapter pieces.
The pistol grip wasn't well fitted to the end adapters, and was skipping over the "key slot".
My solution was to slip two pieces of tape between each adapter, which forces it to expand enough to engage the slot.

Got that sorted, and I've been enjoying it even more ever since.

nqUg1Zu.jpg

TheJackal said:
Awesome, ATI reps actively post/participate here!

I just recently picked up the ATI pistol grip forend kit, I love just about everything about it.

We're glad to hear you like our product Jackal, we have a lot of new stuff for the Mossbergs as well so always keep an eye on our website! Looks like a great home defense setup you've got there.

I'm planning out a tactical shotgun for the house, and for fun! It'll be my first scattergun, and I'm excited.

I am going with a 20ga Mossy, the #50145 as a base to build off of.

I have arthritis in my bones, and my wife is little, so I'm looking to reduce recoil as much as humanly, well mechanically, possible. If it were only for HD it wouldn't matter to me as much, but I want to bring it on our shooting outings and run lots of shells through it (and not regretting it the next day).

I like the ATI Scorpion model stocks, but the Blackhawk SpecOps/KNOXX seem just as nice. Are there others that are as good or better? Which one of these are better? Again, recoil reduction is the main goal. I have daydreams about lining up bottles, etc. and running through the magazine (tube?) and then reloading and doing it again. And again. Lol, and I'm 47...

Would love to hear from someone who had the same goal in mind, and has found a good end result.

Thanks!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373321088.162622.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1373321088.162622.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 591
I just ordered a Phoenix Technology Kicklite tactical stock recoil reduction package from BudsGuns online for $82 for Mossy 500. I also have been stocking up on low recoil ammo in both 9 pellet 00 buck and rifled slug. I checked out the Knoxx Blackhawks spec Gen II, but it's hard to find in stock even online and pretty expensive. I recommend scouring YOU TUBE for reviews and demostrations on these tactical stocks. I'll be taking a tactical shotgun course later this month and will be going thru a lot of ammo in a short period of time, so I report back on how the Kicklite works out.

Checkin one in the box for the Blackhawk/Knoxx SpecOps recoil stock...

Been running this one on my 590 for a couple years now and it has been great. Keep in mind that with proper shooting mechanics and using techniques like the push/pull method one can achieve the same results with a traditional stock. I run a Hogue 12" LOP on my 590a1. The short LOP on the Hogue and the plush butt pad does as good a job at mitigating recoil as the SpecOps...

RoanokeYankee said:
I have the Phoenix Kicklite 6 position recoil reduction stock on my 500 and it has made quite a difference.
Second that. I have it on my Maverick 88. Perfect for me.

Jeff

I went with the ATI Talon 6-position stock with Scorpion recoil reduction. It works well with standard buck and low-recoil buck. I bought it online earlier this year for $65.00.

However, if I could have afforded it, I would've gone with the Mesa Tactical LEO Telescoping Recoil Stock that has the Enidine shock system. That one is expensive but from the reviews it is worth it.

However, I would think that if you go with low-recoil ammo and one of the stocks mentioned already, such as the Phoenix or ATI, you ought to be fine. My shooting shoulder has a bad rotator but I don't have any problem shooting low-recoil buck and slugs with my setup.

Back