• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Mossberg ATS Sight

Anyone checked these outs? Kind of pricey at $129.95, but looks like a good alternative to buying aftermarket ghost ring sights if you're looking for something a little different.

Mossberg Split-Ring Shotgun ATS Sight:

There is no iron sight for shotguns that is faster than ours. Our Mossberg Split-Ring Shotgun sight is designed to go behind factory front sights and over magazine/barrel clamps. Removal of factory sights and clamps are no longer necessary. Each sight kit includes:

5 differently colored front sights
5 differently colored rear sight inserts
.063" of elevation shim
(metal laminated shim = .034", pink = .015",
clear = .008", tan = .004", red = .002")
Front sight, rear sight, mount and clamp set screw hex keys.

Our Mossberg shotgun sight comes pre-installed with .034" of laminated shim, for an approximate 25 yard zero with slugs. Approximately, each increment of .002" to .0025" of elevation shim will affect bullet impact by 1" at 25 yards. With the tools provided with each sight kit, most will be able to install our shotgun sights without professional help.

ATS Split Ring Sight for Mossberg Shotguns:
mossberg.jpg

mossberg-closeup.jpg

Re: Just ordered em

I promise you....

Having used all three of those components, you will be immensely pleased. ElZetta makes some mighty durn good stuff, and it's Made in the USA if I remember correctly.

Please shoot your shotgun and light and mount, and post some of your impressions after having put them thru some test trials. I have a lotta respect for ElZetta.

Hope to hear from you about your initial impressions and some follow-on pos/neg experiences.

nitesite said:
I promise you....

Having used all three of those components, you will be immensely pleased. ElZetta makes some mighty durn good stuff, and it's Made in the USA if I remember correctly.

Please shoot your shotgun and light and mount, and post some of your impressions after having put them thru some test trials. I have a lotta respect for ElZetta.

Hope to hear from you about your initial impressions and some follow-on pos/neg experiences.

I definitely will. I have most of the parts here. I am just missing the heatshield, and the barrel and ghost rings and the three other components aforementioned. Mossberg said Yesterday when I ordered the barrel it would take 7-10 days to ship it out. I have no idea why?

May I ask why you feel it is important to add a heat shield?

I believe that they are battle proven and certainly have their place for certain situations.............

nitesite said:
May I ask why you feel it is important to add a heat shield?

I believe that they are battle proven and certainly have their place for certain situations.............

Basically in case I have to grab the barrel for some reason after shooting it. I know it sounds crazy but I like to be prepared for any and everything. Aside from that. I think it looks cool.

I look forward to seeing your Mossberg 500 come together with its new modifications. I can assure you that you will love the Elzetta mount!

Im anxious to. I am chomping at the bit to get this thing together. I hope my mail runs early in the morning so I can get the knoxx stock and the forend wrench and go ahead and get that stuff on it.

Re: Mossberg ATS Sight

It looks pretty cool, interesting too!

The biggest thing i wonder even with the clamps, how easily or not does it move around the barrel. Its very difficult to tighten something like that enough to prevent all slippage, unless there is a bushing or like a delrin spacer or something of that nature to tighten the clamp to.

It looks as if it may use the bead to center it up on the barrel?

Dont know man, but for the price I'm hesitant without more info.

i've thought about it.

I have pretty much decided how I want to have my 500 refinished although I do intend to sleep on it some more. I was debating between hard chrome, cerahide (cerakote), or rhino hide (cerakote). After figuring costs and my time I am leaning toward the rhinohide from Predator Custom Shop in Knoxville. Ive had Jim Ruiz do some gunsmithing for me in the past and he does excellent work. They want 225 to cerakote. I figured id go with h152 stainless color. I really want the bolt painted black but am afraid if I get to messing with it it might somehow mess up the gun. If anyone wants to see some of jim's work you cant go to the following website.
http://www.predatorcustomshop.com

Re: i've thought about it.

Looking forward to the finished product...

DHonovich said:
Laserlyte Shotgun Tri-Rail Mounting System
p687870204-3.jpg

p990340715-3.jpg

When looking for a picitinny rail mount for a Mossberg 500 with an 18.5 barrel and heat shield you will find that there are not a lot of options available. In my search I came across the laserlyte shotgun tri-rail mounting system for the Mossberg 500. What is nice about this piece is that it uses the same holes that mount the heat shield to also mount the picitanny rail mount. This allows you to keep your heat shield while adding a picitinny rail mount which is exactly what I was looking for. The picitinny rail mount installed within minutes with just two screws. The mount seems to be a very sturdy and quality piece but I have not put enough rounds through my Mossberg 500 with it mounted to confirm this. I have approximately 800 rounds through it so far and its holding up great. This may not be the best picitanny rail mount for your Mossberg 500 but it certainly is one of the best when you are in my position. I would highly recommend this mount but advise that if you don't need a heat shield there are plenty of other mounts that I would choose over this one.

I ordered the same rail you have, actually the same light too. :) Gotta a question on mounting the rail. When I went to put it on I notice that I could get both sides of the rail to fit under the heat shield sides. I had to tuck one side on the inside of the heat shield and the other on the outside. Does that make sense? Anyways I just was wondering if that's how you did yours.

Thanks

That is awesome! You are going to enjoy this combination of parts for your Mossberg 500! I had to do the same thing when installing my setup on my Mossberg 500. Be sure to post up some pictures when you get a chance!

Will do. I've been busy so this was really my first break. Just moved into a new house and I am so tired of unpacking. :D

Re: Pic of my 500 and new light.

And now more of your money and you will part ways. ;) It always starts as one mod, then another, and....Looks good, how do you like the location?

Re: Pic of my 500 and new light.

Yeah I like the location pretty good. I might move it to one side or another tho. Not sure yet. Taken it out to a friends house tomorrow and I'll test it out.

Vent rib dimples in a 500A barrel

This feels like a silly question.

There are dimples inside the barrel under each place the vented rib is attached. Could this become a problem,(ie) loosen the rib or cause higher than normal pressures if I were to use heavy game loads,slugs or steel shot loads?

Second would it be worth it to get a set of barrel hones and polish them out, or just roll with it and call it good.

Back