• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Yes Sir,

Here's a post with pics of the Nordic +2 with the 3/4" cap on an 18.5" breacher model...

DHonovich said:
Mossberg 930 Autoloader "heavy walled breacher barrel with heat shield " with a Nordic Components +2 magazine extension and extension cap.
p481302071-4.jpg

p12432865-4.jpg

p368465555-4.jpg

p145693994-4.jpg

p268853455-4.jpg

Poopypants said:
Chunky Monkey said:
I just went to their website to place an order for a +2 and they only list the +4, +5 & +8. Does that mean they are out of +2's?

http://shop.nordiccomp.com/NC-Shotgun-E ... GA-EXT.htm
.... answer to this is above a few posts....

TigerShark said:
This has probably been mentioned already but just in case, I'll put this info out:
Nordic Comp has a EXT-MB-12-2M mag tube ext for $79.95 that ends up flush with the 930 18.5" barrel. It doesn't need any special end-cap, it comes complete with spring.

The +2M is a PHONE-IN ORDER PART ONLY. I spoke with Ryan Muckenhirn, Sales/Tech at 320-234-0329 to order mine. He was extremely confident that using this +2M would give me 7 in the tube (8 shot). Surprisingly, it was in stock, and shipped the day after I ordered it.

I'll report any extra info when I get the part.

That confused me because when I went to the website under 'contact us' is states ~ "Orders will not be taken over the phone at this time. You must place your order through the website, so that we may process your shipment in the order that it was received and to help us maintain correct inventory
levels."

I was able to find one at Dawson Precision. I have several of Dawsons products and like them so I don't mind giving them the business! Thanks for the help!

I just installed a Choate +2 on my 930. The spring that comes with the extension will not allow a full 7 rounds and the orange follower keeps going onto the follower. So I had to use the stock follower and the stock spring and it holds 7 rounds and does cycle them all properly.

txbdyguard said:
I just installed a Choate +2 on my 930. The spring that comes with the extension will not allow a full 7 rounds and the orange follower keeps going onto the follower. So I had to use the stock follower and the stock spring and it holds 7 rounds and does cycle them all properly.
the Nordic spring is a generic spring that has to be trimmed to length... typically 10" longer then your mag + extension length.

but I've been hearing lots of guys using their stock 4 round capacity mossberg springs with great success... seems like they are more beefy then the original one and those that comes with the overly long and flimsy SPX 7 shot capacity spring... which also usually requires trimming.

thinking I should ask mossberg for one of those springs...

So I got my +2M nordic components mag extension today!!! I placed the order on Monday and this is Thursday so....3 days turn around! Big time respect for Nordic Comp....

Ok so as you can see this is marked as +2M....

DSC_0162.JPG

It is right around 7" long including the standard end cap....

DSC_0166.JPG

Here is a shot of the mag installed. It appears to be basically flush with the end of the barrel from most angles. After some experimenting I ended up cutting the spring to about 12" past the end of the extension....

DSC_0172.JPG

However when you look directly across the front of the gun you will see that the extension is about 1/10 of an inch longer than the barrel....

DSC_0173.JPG

And here is the gun as it sits now....

DSC_0178.JPG

Other side....

DSC_0180.JPG

The other mods are a UTG top rail, UTG Red/Green Dot Sight and a TacStar sidesaddle. I have ordered the AimPro tri-rail but who knows when it will show up!!

From a capacity standpoint. I have been able to fit seven 2.75" shells in consistently with the exception of Winchester 1oz slugs. They are about a tenth of an inch longer then the others and the seventh shell just wont go in. At any rate I hope this helps some people out. Thanks!!

edit: also, the feed appears to be perfect. Of course the real test of that will be the next visit to the range however I have total confidence that it will perform perfectly based on how smooth it is.

ctbandhmb said:
So I got my +2M nordic components mag extension today!!! I placed the order on Monday and this is Thursday so....3 days turn around! Big time respect for Nordic Comp....

Ok so as you can see this is marked as +2M....

DSC_0162.JPG

It is right around 7" long including the standard end cap....

DSC_0166.JPG

Here is a shot of the mag installed. It appears to be basically flush with the end of the barrel from most angles. After some experimenting I ended up cutting the spring to about 12" past the end of the extension....

DSC_0172.JPG

However when you look directly across the front of the gun you will see that the extension is about 1/10 of an inch longer than the barrel....

DSC_0173.JPG

And here is the gun as it sits now....

DSC_0178.JPG

Other side....

DSC_0180.JPG

The other mods are a UTG top rail, UTG Red/Green Dot Sight and a TacStar sidesaddle. I have ordered the AimPro tri-rail but who knows when it will show up!!

From a capacity standpoint. I have been able to fit seven 2.75" shells in consistently with the exception of Remington 1oz slugs. They are about a tenth of an inch longer then the others and the seventh shell just wont go in. At any rate I hope this helps some people out. Thanks!!

edit: also, the feed appears to be perfect. Of course the real test of that will be the next visit to the range however I have total confidence that it will perform perfectly based on how smooth it is.

nice ~ hopefully mine (I ordered from Dawson) will be here as quickly as yours

Attachments

• cm-lookin-good.gif
    cm-lookin-good.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 923
Re: 930 Breacher & +2 Choate Magazine Tube Solution

Well it worked flawlessly. I am only able to get 6 rounds into the mag with my factory spring but it works and cycled everything I threw at it. So I'm very happy.

Re: 930 Breacher & +2 Choate Magazine Tube Solution

Nicely done Sir!

Glad to see it worked out for you and thanks for sharing your process...

btw, is there anybody here that's upgraded to a magazine extension that would want to sell me their standard magazine cap and spring?

I want to be able to easily reduce my capacity for hog hunting(5 rounds) instead of having to shove a wood dowel in there and possibly jacking up my spring... plus I don't need the long extension tube hanging off the end to get bent if I drop it climbing a hillside... don't want a barrel clamp marring up my new slug barrel either just to hold on an inoperable ext tube...

sooo. who wants to make a couple bucks on parts sitting in your closet/Mossberg box/corner ;)

Finally Pulled the trigger!!! Briley Tube Ext and Review

I finally pulled the trigger on a set of Briley Tube extension ... Ordered the +10 tube with the +1 and +2 coupler...
The Kit from www.PowerFactorShooting.com comes with:
-8 round or 10 round matte black magazine extension
-Extension Coupler in your choice of a 1+ or a 2+ (1+ could get you 2 extra rounds, and a 2+ could -possibley get you 4 rounds, depending on ammo and shotgun)
-Magazine Clamp with sling stud.
-Magazine extension Spring
-Magazine extension Cap
-light weight Follower

I currently have a JM Pro 22" which I modified by adding a Choate pistol grip stock, adding a Nordic Xl 1-1/2" end cap (with the stock spring gave me 10 in the tube ), a Choate Charging handle, a TruLock Modified Stainless Extended Choke and a ETA big tang safety...

Mossberg JM Pro 24" and Mark Otto Load 2 Vest ready for 3Gun by rippspeed1, on Flickr

I will compare the briley and the nordic tube because no one has done a side by side and review on them... It should be here in a week or 2 ... Stay Tuned !!!

Re: Finally Pulled the trigger!!! Briley Tube Ext and Review

Cool, can't wait to see the comparative review. Wouldn't mind seeing a demonstration of use of that shell carrier either! looks interesting. Do you grab and load it 2 at a time?

Poopypants said:
Cool, can't wait to see the comparative review. Wouldn't mind seeing a demonstration of use of that shell carrier either! looks interesting. Do you grab and load it 2 at a time?

the load 2 vest is performed by SuperSetCA using a strong hand reload... I use a weak hand reload
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQOW_Sz4T4?t[/youtube]

I look forward to hearing your thoughts of the two different tube setups...

Has anyone had trouble with the S&J extension? Recieved mine today and it won't thread onto my tube.
Waiting on a reply from them.

The crappy choate extension ruined the 930 SPX for me. Of course if you find a Nordic extension you can solve the problem for $100. Shouldnt have to do that. Mossberg needs to get with it and demand quality from Choate or change suppliers.

I am starting to think defense/combat shotguns should have a one piece mag tube. Although I am tempted to put an extension on what I have now.

I didnt know S&J made one. Pics/vids always help.

Back