• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Darn. I emailed Nordic for the +2 Mossberg 930 extension and 3/4" extended cap. The response: "the items you requested are out of stock"

Nothing else. What concerns me is that other Nordic retailers are listing the +2 as discontinued.

dsimonl said:
Darn. I emailed Nordic for the +2 Mossberg 930 extension and 3/4" extended cap. The response: "the items you requested are out of stock"

Nothing else. What concerns me is that other Nordic retailers are listing the +2 as discontinued.

Call Ryan Muckenhirn, Nordic Sales/Tech at 320-234-0329. Tell him you have a 930 and are looking for the +2M extension. Unless they have had a big run he indicated they had a whole box full of them a few weeks ago. It will actually increase the capacity of the mag by 3 shells.

Thanks for the help. I called Ryan and he took care of me. Top notch customer service.

Hey guys/gals I have a question and I’ll apologize in advance if this has been asked or covered. I have the 930 18.5 barrel with breach barrel (end) I just tried installing the +2 extension kit (Choate) and after I got her all together she wouldn’t cycle through any shells. After reading some posts on here, I figure it was squeezing the extension tube too tight, which it was. My question is with such a short barrel, do I really need the support for the extension tube, or maybe can I simply leave it off. While that would solve my issue, I certainly don’t want to break it off and have a whole other set of issues. Any advice or thoughts? Thanks, guys.

Bass Slayer72 said:
Hey guys/gals I have a question and I’ll apologize in advance if this has been asked or covered. I have the 930 18.5 barrel with breach barrel (end) I just tried installing the +2 extension kit (Choate) and after I got her all together she wouldn’t cycle through any shells. After reading some posts on here, I figure it was squeezing the extension tube too tight, which it was. My question is with such a short barrel, do I really need the support for the extension tube, or maybe can I simply leave it off. While that would solve my issue, I certainly don’t want to break it off and have a whole other set of issues. Any advice or thoughts? Thanks, guys.
you didn't specifically mention it, but I suspect your talking about a mag tube clamp?

if so, the spx comes with a mag extension but no clamp... so it doesn't necessarily have to be there... it's a shorter extension and less prevalent to getting snagged on something then maybe a really long 3 gun extension... some of those clamps can squeeze the extension into a canted angle and bind up the spring/shells/follower...depending on your planned use for the gun maybe searching the market for another clamp that fits better without distorting the mag extension would be the best bet but with a breacher barrel you have very little real estate to work with. Make sure you get one that will fit in there for both the circumference your working with(multiple sized and heavy walled barrels are available on the 930 and one size clamp will not fit all) and the length of barrel available before it expands for the breacher section.

look up "breacher clamp" in the search bar up top n it will pull up multiple threads with similar issues, some with pictures of solutions.

gl man

dsimonl said:
Thanks for the help. I called Ryan and he took care of me. Top notch customer service.

That is awesome! Ryan was great to talk to when I ordered as well. Post back when you get the extension, I would like to see how you like it. I have had nothing but a great experience with mine.

Poopypants said:
Bass Slayer72 said:
you didn't specifically mention it, but I suspect your talking about a mag tube clamp?

if so, the spx comes with a mag extension but no clamp... so it doesn't necessarily have to be there... it's a shorter extension and less prevalent to getting snagged on something then maybe a really long 3 gun extension... some of those clamps can squeeze the extension into a canted angle and bind up the spring/shells/follower...depending on your planned use for the gun maybe searching the market for another clamp that fits better without distorting the mag extension would be the best bet but with a breacher barrel you have very little real estate to work with. Make sure you get one that will fit in there for both the circumference your working with(multiple sized and heavy walled barrels are available on the 930 and one size clamp will not fit all) and the length of barrel available before it expands for the breacher section.

look up "breacher clamp" in the search bar up top n it will pull up multiple threads with similar issues, some with pictures of solutions.

gl man

Yes, I was talking about the clamp, sorry to leave out such an important detail, when I posted this I had been working on it for awhile and was very frustrated. Thanks for the info and I’ll look up that topic see what other have done. I appreciated the help.

Mag tube end

The screw cap that screws on the magazine tube. I need one that has the hole for a sling hookup.
I know I'm missing the right words for this.

Where to find tube or nut

I recently found one of very few available 930's here in Europe.
A 930 Spx, although I was really looking for a JM.
Unfortunately, the dealer managed to misplace the extension tube, so now I'm sitting here, unable to even test fire it... It seems impossible to even find a standard nut, not to mention an original +2 or the NC +3 that I would prefer. Any tips on where to find anything that will work? Anything in the range of 0 - +3) Or maybe you even want to sell me a part?

/ Mats, Sweden

Re: Where to find tube or nut

Swede930 said:
I recently found one of very few available 930's here in Europe.
A 930 Spx, although I was really looking for a JM.
Unfortunately, the dealer managed to misplace the extension tube, so now I'm sitting here, unable to even test fire it... It seems impossible to even find a standard nut, not to mention an original +2 or the NC +3 that I would prefer. Any tips on where to find anything that will work? Anything in the range of 0 - +3) Or maybe you even want to sell me a part?

/ Mats, Sweden

Try Havlin - http://www.havlinsales.com/ . Might be best to email them, rather than just eyeballing the web page.

Hello all, just bought a 930 with the stand off barrel this weekend. Thanks to everyone for posting all the info, it was a big help in starting to set up my 930. Just wanted everyone to know I spoke to Ryan at Nordic this morning and they do still have the "2M" extension in stock. He was very helpful and friendly, great customer service.

fmrciguy said:
Hello all, just bought a 930 with the stand off barrel this weekend. Thanks to everyone for posting all the info, it was a big help in starting to set up my 930. Just wanted everyone to know I spoke to Ryan at Nordic this morning and they do still have the "2M" extension in stock. He was very helpful and friendly, great customer service.

That is awesome and welcome! post some pics when the extension comes in. I know that since I installed mine I have not had a single feed problem. Nordic is top notch.

On a less positive note.........
Two different S&J extensions wouldn't thread onto mine AND my brothers 930.

And I'm still waiting on a refund.........

I would always talk directly to a manufacturer first to find exactly which parts they manufacture are compatible, even if you don't buy directly from them...

fmrciguy said:

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that Nordic is great! Ordered the part Monday and it was delivered today! Now to get it installed and hopefully get to the range this weekend!

breakingcontact said:
Anyone tried out the new Nordic extensions?

I had one installed about a month ago...really like the new design of it though it's still not as flush length wise with the barrel as I would want it. Called them last week to see if they were going to make the mag ext cap but they said no for now :cry:

Back