• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Reviews...

Re: Someone sell me... (Yeah, I'm sold)

I would think "autoloader" is due to the mechanism that moves each round from the tube to the chamber.

In most semi-auto handguns and long guns each round is simply pushed from the mag into the chamber by the bolt. With an "autoloading" shotgun, the round is loaded onto an elevator and then moved up into the path of the bolt before being pushed into the chamber. I guess this extra step in the process is worthy of unique nomenclature...

I want to say Remington has always used the term autoloading for there semi auto centerfire rifles, or they used to anyway

Should be here on Monday... And I've got a 200 round mix of high brass salad waiting for her! :twisted:

aksavanaman said:
Should be here on Monday... And I've got a 200 round mix of high brass salad waiting for her! :twisted:

w00t

It ate it all without a hiccup

I got to take the 930 to the range today. I wasn't planning to, but I had to get a part in a nearby town for the washing machine and I threw the 930 in the truck. I got to the range and set a target out to 50 yards. I had brought Walmart special Federal 8 shot and Remington Sluggers I got at Walmart in a 15 rd box when I got the gun. I also brought Federal tactical 00 Buck, a bag of assorted one ounce slug rounds I had laying around and a bag of mixed low brass 8 and seven and a half shot.

The slugs went where I wanted when I did my part. When I didn't, they weren't far away. I got accuracy that compared with my longer, rifled shotgun barrels. I just might take it into the woods after deer this season!

After the slugs, I went over the the pistol area where I could shoot closer to the target and the yardage is painted on the ground. At ten yards, the tactical buck went to point of aim and was about a three or four inch diameter. At fifteen yards, it grew to about six inches, still to point of aim. Then I shot the rest of the low brass. I had no failures. Everything ejected and fed flawlessly. I was thrilled because I had read several threads with issues and a very long break in period. It started to rain so I didn't shoot anymore. In all I shot about 75 rounds.

I did clean the internals well before I took it out. I wonder if that helped?
IMG_0773_zpsd94ee626.jpg

Re: It ate it all without a hiccup

Nice Dave and the hiccup free is the cherry on top. Got out a little today too. Fall is such a great time to be at the range.

Good deal Dave, mine eats anything I feed it and begs for more too. Where you at in Upstate?

---Todd

Great news on the initial run and on successfully shooting the trifecta from a new gun. Gotta love the 930!!!

Sweet. Glad to see you had no issues, as it should be. :D

Despite thinking that NICS wasn't going to be open, I did get a call from my LGS and promplty headed over to pick up my brand new 930 Turkey model. Why the turkey? Well the abundance of gobblers on this island of course! :D NOT :lol:

Well, after checking for function and any problems (which there were none) and getting my "proceed" from the Feds, I decided to go against all my instincts and teachings... and went straight to the range :shock: No cleaning, no lubing...just right of the box. The only thing did was take off the XXfull turkey choke and threw on an IC that I picked up for real cheap.

Taking precautions and MO reports into account... I did start off with High Brass slugs, buckshot and bird loads... 105 of them to be exact. Out of 105 shells fired...105 were problem free. So, being super excited at this point, I took out my box of Federal bulk pack and started loading those. Went threw the entire 100 shells... with no malfunctions. So I had another 20 min to kill, and two boxes of Remington field loads (green shells). Loaded 50, fired 50... no malfunctions. :eek: :shock: :D :twisted:

Yup...the only malfuction I had was the first round I put in the 930... a 00 buck that I loaded backwards in my excitement which obviously didn't load. But zero problems with the 255 shells I burned through. Let me remind you... no cleaning...no lubing...nothing :cool: (BTW... this is the first time I've ever done this, and certainly wouldn't recommend it... I was just morbidly curious how it would perform)

One happy camper here!

The Nordic +5 extension, and charging handel are on their way already. My main reason now for this guy will be competition, and clays... and I think we should have a long and happy relationship.

Very nice AK. I'm glad it performed so well for you. A pile of empty shells and the sticker still on the gun :D Your smile must be ear to ear! By the way, very nice looking shotgun.

Very nice. Glad you like it.

That's awesome AK!

Congrats brother, you've got a good one. My 930 still chokes on bulk target ammo...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
That's awesome AK!

Congrats brother, you've got a good one. My 930 still chokes on bulk target ammo...

Why do I sense a sad face as you're saying that :cry:

I wish every 930 owner could've had the range day I did yesterday... the guys 100 yards down the road at the rifle range were probably getting pissed! I was so ramped up that I forgot to check the choke after a while... it was loose when I was done, and I got lucky that it didn't come off far enough to cause problems!

3 lessons learned yesterday...

1) Don't get so excited about a new shotgun that you load a shell backwards
2) Don't get so excited about a new shotgun and forget about checking your choke
3) Don't count the # of high brass shells you fired after you're done... cause you know they ran you around $1 a piece :shock:

Nah,

I try it every once in a while, but don't have much use for target shells anyway. I like those three lessons by the way. Words of wisdom... :D

Congratulations on your perfect range time. I like rule number three. Great photographs. Nice looking 930.

The immediate trip to the range reminds me of someone buying a new car and banging gears out of the dealership! :D

Back