• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Reviews...

Re: Someone sell me...

As far as reliability goes, my 930 has been flawless since day one.

Looking back through the troubleshooting threads the overwhelming majority of reliability issues in the platform have come out of the SPX line. I'm a fan of variety and like having an autoloader around. Either way, the job is gonna get done.

Just to throw out another option, for under $200 you can pick up a 5-shot tube and an 835 bird barrel to convert your 'A1 into a field gun when you need it. Then a quick tube and barrel swap after a hunt and she's back to her HD configuration. One gun, dual roles, and you still save a wad of cash for other stuff...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Just to throw out another option, for under $200 you can pick up a 5-shot tube and an 835 bird barrel to convert your 'A1 into a field gun when you need it. Then a quick tube and barrel swap after a hunt and she's back to her HD configuration. One gun, dual roles, and you still save a wad of cash for other stuff...

I've thought of that too... I actually just took the A1 apart yesterday and was thinking how easy it would be... looking on ebay... I might even just do it now! There's an 835 28" vent ribbed listed for $40, and I think mag tubes are like $15 at Brownells.

old mossy said:
,,,,,give those birds a chance,,,,,try a double barrel. as fast if not faster than a 930. :)

My family's gotta eat! No chances for the birds! :twisted: besides... I'd need 5 ptarmigan to fill me up!

I've been watching youtube videos on the 930... and I just made the mistake of watching Jerry Miculeks vids... now I'm leaning towards the 930 :D How mechanically complicated is it compared to other semi auto guns?

Lol... I saw that one in the other thread... If you need 23 to hit a bird... you're doin' something wrong :D

aksavanaman said:
... now I'm leaning towards the 930 :D How mechanically complicated is it compared to other semi auto guns?

Load it, charge it, shoot it. :p

Pretty simple. Cleaning isn't at all more complicated than your 'A1...

aksavanaman said:
Blood_Trail said:
Just gotta be patience.

Patience is something I'm low on these days ;) :lol:

I just recently shot a Remington Versa Max (my first autoloading shotty experience) ... but that was just at clays. Talking recoil and action wise, it reminded me of shooting the Garand in shotgun form. I mean from a totally practical standpoint... I don't really "need" the 930 for hunting needs. I'm not a hardcore bird hunter and really just started (we'll see how I like it though :D ) so a 500 would suite me just fine.

It's more of the allure to having an autoloading shotgun... and something different from Mossberg that's not in my collection yet :lol: But of course the price point is the biggest deterrent... new I'm finding 930 Waterfowl models at around $500... I can get the 500 combo for $350, sell the barrel get a few things for my 10/22 I've been wanting, maybe even a cerakote job for the 1911, and still have $$ left over!

Anyone want to send me their 930 to try for a few weeks ;)

Send me a round trip ticket and I'll bring mine up there for you to try... ;) :lol:

For me, I went with the 930 because it has less recoil than a pump. I have owned a 500 20 ga since I was a kid. That's fine even with 3" loads. But I am 130lbs in full kit. My kid has a 500 in 12 that rocks me with regret every time I shoot it.

With the 930, it's soft and smooth.

Well, to celibrate Gov't shutdown... I ended up placing an order for a 930 Turkey Model 85235. I watched too many awesome Miculek 3 gun videos... and since the JM series is pretty much non existant... I'm going with this one and adding the +5 Nordic Extension. Honestly, for the occasional winged critter I wanna shoot... the 24" with the right choke should do just fine, plus I might still pick up and 835 barrel and slap it on the 590. They ended up charging a little mor for shipping 2 day... but that also means it'll be here sooner :D Total was $515 shipped up to AK... so not too bad I think.

,,,,,,congrats,,,,,,pic ,,,,pics,,,,,,pics,,,, :D

That should be an awesome shotgun! I'm really anxious to see your review and some pics!!!

Congrats.

Sweet!! Can't wait to see some pics.

Did it get to you yet i hope you don't have issues with background check because of the shutdown that would stink can't wait to see pics

Nah, it hasn't shipped yet... Is NICS officially closed? While I'm excited to get it, I'm not in that big of a hurry :)

We'll see... I'm not worried just yet, ask me again in a week ;)

I sure hope it arrives real quick, Chris. It's exciting for me just to be waiting on the sidelines!

I'm pretty excited myself... being my first "autoloader" and all. Curious, does any one know why that term has stuck with shotguns over just semi-auto?

I never really stopped to think if the term was used just to describe shotguns but you might very well have a point!!!

Rifles and handguns I don't think have ever worn that name badge.

Back