• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Was Hogue asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stock

Hogue doesn't make the stock for the 930.
But that's kind of what Choate does: take one stock design and mod it to fit everything.

Yea he must mean the Choate pistol grip option...

I think so.
The stock geometry is a little off on the 930, and that gap is pretty big. I've seen some that had a space at the top of the stock that was quite noticeable where it should have flushed up with the top of the receiver.
I don't really care for the Choate as it is on the 930.

I am pushing for several companies to start producing some aftermarket support for the Mossberg 930 but it will be a while before anything hits the shelves...

Been banging that drum for four years. The situation is far, far better than it was when the only thing you could get was a bolt handle and you were fortunate if you could actually get that.

Re: Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stoc

Yup, I meant Choate. Ain't age a wonderful thing. :oops:

Re: Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stoc

you either love it, or you hate it. okay, that's not true. some teeter back and forth, such as myself. but for the most part, my spx is dead sexy with the pg stock. granted, it would look that much better if they offered an insert/plug to conceal the gap. either way, i'm here to tell you that the length of pull is correct.

Lenth of pull

the lenth of pull I have now is about a inch to long, when I raise the gun to the ready, the edge of the stock pad catches on the crook of my underarm. I have looked at taking a inch or more off the end of the stock to acheive this, but i'm not sure if the pad will fit correctly. I have been spoiled by the adjustable stock on my H&R Pardner Protector. I have been thinking about taking off the recoil rod and replacing it with a Blackhawk Knoxx recoil reducing stock if I can get it to work.

Re: Lenth of pull

Shortening the stock on the 930 seems to be a bit of a challenge. I have seen a couple of pictorials showing how it can be done. Here is one on a different forum:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtop ... 8&t=211354

I've seen another, where the owner used a file to shape his original pad to fit. I'd love to see how yours turns out. Be sure to take lots of pics.

I'd start with a thinner butt plate/pad before I'd move on to jacking around with the recoil spring tube.

http://www.elitetacticaladvantage.com/products/shotguns/devastator/devastator.html
6080128708_718fd476f5_z.jpg
Elite tactical advantage has built a Remington 1187 called the " The Devastator " this is where the topic came from, to see if can be tranfered to the 930 platform with a little trial and error.

So, what are you saying Ben ?...the answer is an adjustable stock ? Did you buy their product ?

Re: Length of pull

Just wanted to know if anyone here has thought about doing something on the same lines as this with the 930 using the same principals

OH...i see.

I personally don't own a 930...but an adjustable stock is one option available. We have a vendor here called ATI, you may have seen their ad banner here...you could go to that section and discuss it with him.

An adjustable stock can't be adjusted any shorter than the recoil spring tube unless the tube is modified.

That's true Mud...don't know Ben's particular situation tho !

My overall plan is to reduce the length of pull without tampering too much with the recoil, also if the removal of the recoil tube becomes an option, will the aftermarket adjustable stocks available to fit the 500 or the 590A1 fit the 930 platform.

That's one for the experts...not me...sorry !

BenSamp said:
My overall plan is to reduce the length of pull without tampering too much with the recoil, also if the removal of the recoil tube becomes an option, will the aftermarket adjustable stocks available to fit the 500 or the 590A1 fit the 930 platform.
The short answer is NO...

If you really need an adjuatable stock option, I suggest you find a good used Mossberg 9200, the 9200 has the entire action in front of the the receiver. The 930 used the recoil tube that goes into the stock.

There are rumors that Mossberg has prototypes of adjustable stocks for the 930's, whether or not they ever see the light of day remains to be seen. The easiest way to mosify the ength of pull on a 930 would be to get a wooden stock and cut it back to fit, with a thin butt plate instead of a recoil pad, you could get 1-1/2" - 2" without modifying the recoil tube...

Smitty

Back