• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My .308 project

So good news my second scope ring just got here. Weird thinking it was gonna get here tomorrow but hey I'm not complaining haha.
397442f9c7fc185b3dd4eb3bfbf72d74.jpg

Thanks guys! It took forever for me to shoot it today because of one little problem. Wrong scope rings! One is a high ring and the other is a medium that's why it took my cousin and I longer than it should have to put it on there thinking that we might have damaged the scope tube but we didnt. The new scope rings fit perfect and got to shoot around 4pm to 6:30. Funnest rifle I have ever shot! I wasn't really upset that I had to buy new scope rings, it's all just part of the learning experience! But the new scope rings did cost me about $50 lol.

After having more bad luck with scope rings I got some leupold high rings and they're awesome. Went to cheyenne mountain shooting complex this last weekend in Colorado Springs and they were awesome there, best shooting range u have ever been to so far. This picture was at 25 yards just to see if I got on paper and sighted it in, then moved to 50 yards but before I could get to 100 yards I ran out of ammo! Just my luck! Was pleased that I'm grouping way better now though.
b2ed7b49089e813f191335f9e2722902.jpg

Looks like it will be easy dialing it on in at 100.

Very nice rifle and group! Thanks for the pics and the posts throughout your process. I especially like that you posted up what's working and what problems you have had. Enjoy it.

I think I had the most of luck with scope rings now with my 3rd!! pair starting off with getting the wrong pair and stripping the screw on the side that goes to the rails, then after trying to upgrade rings one broke tightening it to the rail. Hopefully these leupold rings are the LAST rings I buy for this rifle that are currently on the rifle and they're doing great so far. To be safe I put blue locktite on everything I could so I won't have anymore problems with them.
6af118c85fcc40e2b9ee7b286262c55d.jpg

That looks great. I didnt think the tall rings would offer a very good cheek weld. Leupold makes good stuff. You shouldn't be disappointed.

Now you're talkin!

That scope height looks a LOT better. Having the center line of the scope closer to the bore will give you more adjustment range as you begin to shoot longer distance...

Back