• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

My .308 project

Now you're talkin!

That scope height looks a LOT better. Having the center line of the scope closer to the bore will give you more adjustment range as you begin to shoot longer distance...
THANKS LES! I know that's why I like these leupold rings waayyyy better. I got them from outdoorsman in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

Not the best looking range but it gets the job done. Currently in the process of sighting in at 100 yards.
2c4d6933355a084f94ba3813b868fe78.jpg

This was today's progress at 100 yards. I hate the benches here they're too small you can't shoot any rifle comfortably. I tried my best but the range just sucks.
f359a15d3024b1a2924bc4c0260b72e2.jpg

Can you go prone? Or will the range allow it? A bipod, sandbag, or even backpack stuffed with something makes a good rest.

Yea those last 4 shots inside the square were while prone with my bipod I just really don't like the benches they have at that abandoned range. I would say the top of the bench is about 1' wide and way to high. Being 5'8 tall myself I doubt I'm too short for the benches lol but then again who knows. And water monkey I know I suck at shooting haha. I just wanted to sight it in with the bench rest because I feel that's steadier than with my bipod. I just want to get it as close to perfect I can get it to.

Can you go prone? Or will the range allow it? A bipod, sandbag, or even backpack stuffed with something makes a good rest.
The range is always open 24/7. The city I guess doesn't care about it anymore and the people just took over getting drunk and trashing the place. I'll take a picture of the range the next time I go. It's the worst thing ever the structures are falling apart because people shoot at the posts. One side already fell apart. I did hear a rumor that the city was going to take over it again and clean it up and another rumor that the NRA will take over the range.

I'm just messin with you. I haven't slept in months. Don't take me too seriously.

It's a nice set up you got there!

What ammo?

I'm not happy with my zero until the 3rd or 4th range trip. By then I've tweaked it just right after I get some time behind the rifle.

The range is always open 24/7. The city I guess doesn't care about it anymore and the people just took over getting drunk and trashing the place. I'll take a picture of the range the next time I go. It's the worst thing ever the structures are falling apart because people shoot at the posts. One side already fell apart. I did hear a rumor that the city was going to take over it again and clean it up and another rumor that the NRA will take over the range.

Sucks to hear that. Kinda surprising the city hasn't locked it up tight as a liability. I'm fortunate enough to have a 200 yard range on my own proerty. When the fields are clear i can go 400 plus.

At one point it was closed down and the city locked it up but people just shot the locks off or something and been open ever since. I really hope the NRA or the city takes over that range and cleans it up.

Sounds like the range isn't the problem, it's the people that frequent it.

Yea the people in this town are what most would call "ghetto". I thank this town for the hospitality but I'm glad I'm not from here. I'm just here for school and once I'm done in a year I'll be back home in California.

I'm just messin with you. I haven't slept in months. Don't take me too seriously.

It's a nice set up you got there!

What ammo?

I'm not happy with my zero until the 3rd or 4th range trip. By then I've tweaked it just right after I get some time behind the rifle.
Lately I've been using the Winchester super X power point 180 grain. Really the only kind that's available when I go get ammo beside the ZQI brand. Don't know much about that ammo though if it's good or not.

Back