• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AR Project...

oli700 said:
Killer....giving up on the crayon ?

Nah,

I just like to switch it up a bit here and there. That and I can't find my crayons since we moved... :(

oli700 said:
Impatiently waiting.....

Yeah, me too. :evil:

Been busy, but I should be able to get out this weekend. It's funny you mention the RMC. Put one on my carbine a while back. It's a wicked lookin little brake and does a great job of keeping the muzzle down. It'll kick your decibels up a notch though. :D

I like the flat crown on the Griffin M4SD-II for my bench rifle. Just figure it'll have less effect on the bullet when I'm tryin to put the holes on target as close together as possible. I'll let you know as soon as I have some results...

Awesome, so it seems the rmc is the real deal.....might have to pull the trigger on one since Rainier has Lancer mags in and I wanted one of those too. 50 bucks seems like a good deal on the rmc....got any more insight on it ?

DB's...worse than a 300 win mag ?....from what I read everyone always says something about the noise and how people at the range will bitch.....I shoot HP rifles regular so used to loud but I know short 556 can be loud as hell......dont really care though

Ordered mine from Rainier for $49 and some change.

The design caught my eye from the beginning. I like how the enlarged baffle directs most of the gasses at a 90 degree angle to the sides and away from the FOV of the shooter. At the same time it does a great job of absorbing recoil. Most shooters use a right handed stance so when they ported the top of the brake, they added a second hole to the right side for added compensation. Follow-up shots are fast and smooth with this little RMC and I really like that it does its job without adding length.

I don't think the added noise is bad at all from behind the rifle, but I sure do like watching the folks in the next lane flinch... :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I don't think the added noise is bad at all from behind the rifle, but I sure do like watching the folks in the next lane flinch... :lol:
:cool: ....I dont need more friends anyway

I don’t really like to think of it as recoil reduction because that sounds so bad when you’re talking AR's …but there is no denying that they keep the muzzle down when watching the slow mo videos...

Some even seem to push the muzzle down too much , I would rather have it climb lol

I hear ya.

Don't think you'll be disappointed with the RMC if that's the way you decide to go...

I think you will like the Rainier RMC. They make quality stuff. I have their XTC on my AR and it works great.

oli700 said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
After- 18" Mark 12 barrel with a Griffin Armament M4SD II Muzzle Brake

Impatiently waiting.....

OK oli,

Got out this morning...

I'm in love with this new barrel... :D

dist. - 100yd
round - xm855, 62gr
temp - 56°
wind - 3mph left to right

^ There are five shots on that target...

Got a .6" spread out of it. I was pretty impressed with the M4SD-II. I know there's not much recoil to begin with when shoot'n 5.56, but with this brake it felt like the rifle never moved at all. It was crazy loud though and the redirected gas blew my PMag covers off the bench... :lol:

Very very nice...I am so happy with my barrel. I am almost regretting not going with a 1x4 or a 1x6....never too late but it’s going to be a little bit. Maybe this summer a magnifier or a 1x4

Got me a RMC ordered though...

I really think you're gonna like the RMC.

Had the AR pistol out there yesterday too and peppered a few targets at close range. That thing is an absolute joy to shoot...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
oli700 said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
After- 18" Mark 12 barrel with a Griffin Armament M4SD II Muzzle Brake

Impatiently waiting.....

OK oli,

Got out this morning...

I'm in love with this new barrel... :D

dist. - 100yd
round - xm855, 62gr
temp - 56°
wind - 3mph left to right

^ There are five shots on that target...

Got a .6" spread out of it. I was pretty impressed with the M4SD-II. I know there's not much recoil to begin with when shoot'n 5.56, but with this brake it felt like the rifle never moved at all. It was crazy loud though and the redirected gas blew my PMag covers off the bench... :lol:
LES - beyond the rest of the sweet (as always) package I'm eying that adjustable rear butt stock rest on the gun! Can you tell me about it? Part of the stock system or an add on?!?

That is very sweet LES.

I also like the hat on the bench. It gives me a very good idea for a topic.

Answered my own question and am now digging through the world of rear mount monopods. I have a number of 223 loads to test soon and that looks like a great help in accuracy checks - and more!!

John A. said:
That is very sweet LES.

I also like the hat on the bench. It gives me a very good idea for a topic.

Thanks John.

I'm lookin forward to seeing what you have in mind...

Back