• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New AR Project...

Re: New AR Build...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I've got a line out on some parts and may be starting a new project next week. This one's gonna be a rather lengthy process with a couple tax stamps involved.

I'll post back with more details as things develop...

Buffer assembly arrived last week, the lower receiver and most of my small parts are on the way... :D

Phase 1 of the new project is complete...

Spikes 10.5" 5.56 AR Pistol

It's all Spikes again on this one except for the Phase 5 Tactical pistol buffer tube, Ergo grip, the Troy Di-Optic Tritium rear flip-down sight, and of course the Pmag.

Phase 2 will be underway once the 10" ST BAR quad-rail I ordered on black Friday shows up. Gonna break out the hack saw & dremel and turn that A2 front post into a low-profile gas block, then free-float the quad rail over it and add a Troy M4 Tritium flip-down front sight.

Phase 3 won't begin until the Form 1 comes back and I'm able to put a stock on it... :D

Thank you Sir,

The pistol configuration is just a temporary solution until I get the tax stamp. At least this way I can have the upper ready to go and have fun shoot'n it until I'm legally able to add a stock...

Wow, 1st I was jealous of the Pistol form... than I was jealous even more just because I could be... followed by more jealousy of the Form 1... :p

Itsricmo said:
Wow, 1st I was jealous of the Pistol form... than I was jealous even more just because I could be... followed by more jealousy of the Form 1... :p
+1 on this post.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Thank you Sir,

The pistol configuration is just a temporary solution until I get the tax stamp. At least this way I can have the upper ready to go and have fun shoot'n it until I'm legally able to add a stock...

Great plan. And great looking weapon so far. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses over time.

Been raining here the past several days and the local range is closed all weekend for Easter. Been stayin busy in the workshop with some projects I've had sit'n around for a bit. Re-barreled my Bushmaster Varminter last weekend and finally got around to taking some pics...

Before - 24" extra heavy varmint barrel

After- 18" Mark 12 barrel with a Griffin Armament M4SD II Muzzle Brake

Also finally got around to swapping out the handguard on my AR pistol. Here's the original configuration...

Since this FSP/gas block was already pinned, I pulled it off and hacked it apart in order to convert it to a low-profile gas block...

After a little grinding/re-shaping, here's the end result...

It's now sport'n a 10" BAR quad-rail, Troy tritium BUIS and a PWS FSC 556 muzzle brake...

fantastic job LES.

I can't decide which I like the best. They both look awesome.

And btw, you did a good job on the lo profile gas block.

yeah sweet ! , I want to know more about the muzzle break you have on our barrel

Great WOW factor from the super images as well. What do you shoot (photos) with, lights? Software?
I run everything through Photoshop, even phone photos. This whole thread is loaded with great images!

oli700 said:
yeah sweet ! , I want to know more about the muzzle break you have on our barrel

Just something I wanted to try out and I like the dual baffle design. Here's the info from Griffin Armament...

M4SD-II Muzzle Brake

This brake will also serve as a QD mount for their M4SD-II suppressor...

Thanks mingaa.

I shoot an old 6mp Sony Cybershot pocket camera. I mount it on a tripod and prefer natural light over artificial. Always shoot near a window and use the blinds to control the amount of light exposure. Been using Picasa for the editing...

Nice work LES.

I am building up a couple more AR's based on Spike's stripped lowers this week.

One with a Spike's (5.56) 16" M4 LE w/9" BAR Rail Upper

and another with a Bushmaster A2 type 20" upper (Carry handle and iron front sight)

Did you stake your castle nut at all on any of your builds?

Back