• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Poly-Frame Photo Thread

Thunder71 said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Great lookin Springers Sir...

Thank you!

I love all the gun photo threads that were started here, but it's making me want to spend money...

Must...
Resist...

No point in resisting, just let it happen. I tried the last couple weeks and well now I ended up with a HK USP that I have to go pick up.

Does anyone own or have any experience with the Taurus PT-145 Millennium PRO?? My Father has the Blued Slide and Ploymer Frame model, as a Birthday Gift is considering giving it to me. After some conversation and comments from others, I am considering keeping it, instead of trading it in on another sidearm.

I am looking for any information, personal experience, tips, tricks, modifications.. anything you may have to share on the pistol! This is a picture of it:

145BP_zps99c0cab4.jpg

I bought one for my best friend for his wedding present. I shoot it some. Dave sent us some lead for it and that’s the most we shot it at one time. I love the pistol, awesome CC and Tyler carries it daily.....it takes the recoil really really good, comes with a great set of defensive sights from the factory, carries 11 .45's in a package smaller than my G29. It is quite accurate, the rigger has a lot of take up and it breaks really close to the back of the trigger guard/frame. One you get used to that it had a nicer breaking trigger than my Glock. You really can’t go wrong.....don’t listen to all the naysayers, this pistol is one of the great bang for buck pistols. Probably only got 300 or so rounds through it but about 3 different kinds and 50 reloads without one problem

Sweet! I have read SOOOO many reviews of bad things lol... All of which have happened in a lower round count then what my father has through his. He got to 250 and on exactly the 251st there was a Fail to Fire and something happened to the trigger mechanism that switched it from DAO to SAO.. really weird but Taurus or the LGS said it was a safety feature or something to that effect. He had it sent out, fixed and returned... problem no fixed... returned again and this time problem fixed. He is hasn't shot it yet but has full confidence due to the trigger pull, exactly as you explained lol.

I have shot it many times but nothing to really hone in my skill any. I called Taurus and they said that they get mags regularly at the end of each month and I can Back-order one if they are out of stock at the time. My fathers comes with 2 and has those Heinie 8-ball sights like the PT1911, I REALLY approve lol

Is there anything you would recommend doing to it to help it perform better or what not?

I really wouldnt know the first thing about any of that. he likes it the way it is so we really never looked into it.

Itsricmo said:
Is there anything you would recommend doing to it to help it perform better or what not?

Yup, shoot the becheezus out of it!

After about 500 rounds it'll be performing a whole lot better for ya... :D

OH, well... if it never needed anything I guess it never needed anything :) That is a good report to hear lol.

LES, my only problem with that is finding ammunition for it haha I think I know a few sources but Grice's seems to be running low on everything except the rather expensive Hornady Critical Duty +p stuff... How do you guys feel about the price tag of $36 for a magazine and $8 shipping? (I would be getting at least 2, maybe more.)

I think alot of the bad things you hear is about the first generation of the Millenium pistols. The Millenium Pro model is the second generation I believe and it fixed alot of the issues with the first Gen. There are still the die-hards out there that would sooner not carry at all than carry a Taurus. I am not in that camp. My experience with Taurus has all been positive and I own 2, a model 85 and a model 709. Both are solid guns. I had 2 other Taurus' over the years and both were great guns that ate everything I could shove in them.

I believe it is still considered the first Generation as Taurus just released information for the Mel Pro G2... However, my findings have determined that between 2004 and 2007 are the manufacture dates that had problems. If my fathers pistol that he bought, just last year is between those dates, I think I have bigger problems lol.............. I like the 709 Models, but if I went Pocket Rocket I'd get my hands on a Keltec PF 9 <3 True Love lol... If this sub-com .45 is too much punch for my girly hands after a while I will probably trade to that if not my first choice 1911 :p I LOVE the Desert Tan and OD Green w/ Black Slide <3

Well, I know that there will be some who will snicker and snub thier nose at my gun but I am very happy with it. It is a Hi-Point Poly model JHP .45 ACP. I bought this gun about 2 months ago and have put 500 rounds thru it with no problems. In fact that holster you see I won from someone who has a Ruger P something in a 45 cal that made a small wager. I bought the Hi-Point and went to a range and when I took it out of the case that came with it some of the peeps that was there kinda made snide remarks about it being a cheap gun and such and one of them even betted me that his ruger was a better gun. I took that bet but I wanted a hoster that I saw in the front office that was for sale for about 15 bucks. He said ok but we can go more but I said no I did not want to take to much money from him. Well I got the holster and the guy was 15 dollars short than what he came in with :lol: . In fact I am looking to getting the Hi-Point 40 and 9mm :cool: .

Attachments

• Hi-Point.jpg
    Hi-Point.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Hi-Point 2.jpg
    Hi-Point 2.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 180
No snickering allowed here and the only snub noses we put up with are short barreled revolvers. :D

My Pop told me a long time ago, "Your firearm is like your nose, no one else should pick it for you." If you like it, that's all that matters.

So what were the details of the bet?

A cousin of mine has a 9mm version of that 45. I don't think it has failed to do anything it was suppose too! Not the most charismatic firearm but it runs like a Glock! lol

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No snickering allowed here and the only snub noses we put up with are short barreled revolvers. :D

My Pop told me a long time ago, "Your firearm is like your nose, no one else should pick it for you." If you like it, that's all that matters.

So what were the details of the bet?
10 yards tightest pattern with 9 rounds and I beat him at about 3/4 inches :).
And my dad told me "That no matter how expensive a gun is, It is the person that pulls the trigger if it will hit the bullseye".

Back