• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Random Stream of Consciousness

No, he doesnt shoot. Has no desire. If it isnt about him or his friends, it isnt worth the investment of time. I dont complain, hes a great student in school and is active, his friends are good kids and when hes out he stays in touch.

Hes not goth or emo, and loves music, mostly classical. He teaches himself to play music on the clarinet if theres something he wants to learn but they havent taught yet in band. He is in marching band, loves the football games and is friends with band members and players alike. Hes also in concert band and will begin doin set work for the drama dept in the next few weeks.

Sometimes I'll ask him if he can play a particular song, and if he cant, again, he'll learn to. I recently asked him about one of my favorites, Ride of the Valkyries. He learned it!!! He plays the clarinet in band, but he has taught himself how to play the trumpet and saxaphone too!!!

While he is the proverbial grain of sand that is the irritant to the oyster, my hope is that a pearl forms in time. He and I dont always see eye to eye, and we're both very stubborn and nearly always right. He knows I love him dearly and have way too much invested in him to give up now! :lol: He knows I'd rather see him play in the marching band any day over many other things and I'm saving now for a good digital cam corder so I can film the band and get some video of him and the band!!! I'm excited, the thing about the marching band I love is the way the music hits you like thunder and reverberates internally, you hear the music and feel it! Its awesome!

I never hold anything over his head and dont put any rediculous expectation on him. He knows what I expect and is doing those things. Be a good student, get good grades beccause his future depends on what he does now. Be a decent guy, treat people fairly and dont be afraid to go out of your way to do the right thing. Dont do whats right expecting a reward. He does these things with everyone except his sister!

His name is Cole, Bradley Cole. Real good kid, and if hes lucky, he wont irritate me to the point I have to put him down and he'll make it to adulthood and produce for me some grandkids! in time though, no rush on that!!! :D

Well my friend, sounds like the wife and you raised good couple of kids...which is something to be proud of !!

And he sounds like he has his own interests in life...and isn't that really what you want...a leader, not a follower...another Alpha like yourself ! Sure, ya gotta bump heads...and as long as no body gets hurt ( or stabbed ;) ) it's lessons learn for the two of ya !

Now, is he a Jr. ?!...I noticed you called him Cole first...then Bradley Cole. He's first born right...first borns are always headstrong...( I know, I'm first of five ).

Congrats on raising a well rounded, talented kid...not easy in today's F'd up world...!!

Thanks Shooter, its pretty danged rough at times.

Nope, not a Jr. I'm Jonathan Bradley, and go by my middle name, hes Bradley Cole and goes by his middle name... :D Jenny's idea long ago... ;)

SHOOTER13 said:
...and thanks SNIPER, for the history lesson !

( I'm being replaced folks....SNIPER is now the Alpha professor.... :lol: )

No worries, and I'm hardly a worthy replacement. :lol:

I've just studied martial arts since I was a kid and have always had an appreciation for Japanese steel. I've read up a bit on the history of Japanese weaponry and find the subject very interesting, especially since many of their finest weapons were evolved from farming implements or everyday tools of the working class. It's another one of those hobbies I don't get that many opportunities to discuss, so I jump at the opportunity...

I hear ya Bro...!! I like talking weapons and history, as both are forever woven together.

Alright...back on topic...as random as that may be.... ;)

Gotcha Rossignol !! Makes for less confusion...Jenny's a smart women !!

Ahhh, fridays! I do my time monday through thursday. Now that my youngest youngin is in school, I'm pretty much alone to do whatever I want as long as it includes taking care of my honey-do list.

Today, no different. I am able to regain a small piece of sanity until 3 pm.

So I drove to the big city of Wilmington OH today. Its a large-ish small town complete with traffic lights, fair grounds, and a court house. The Corn Festival is this weekend in fact! Its accessible via a few different state routes lined primarily with corn fields and some soy. I chose one of the state routes, 730, and drove the 15 miles or so into town.

First stop was the hardware store where I picked up some plumbing stuff to fix my toilet. I hate hearing water run!!! Thats money down the drain so to speak! Also, I looked for that Gerber machete while I was there. No dice.

Then to Walmart. I got some gun cleaning stuff including a bore snake. I looked for the Gerber machete. No dice.

Last stop in town was Tractor Supply. I got some feed and vaccinations, but forgot to get wormer. I did however get to talk to my TSC GF. Jenny says shes my girl friend, but we only see each other at TSC. We talked about the predators and loosing chickens to coyotes... shes getting a heeler pup this weekend to help watch and keep track of the ducks. She has Great Pyrenese (spelling?) to watch over the goats already. Oh! I looked for the Gerber while I was there. No dice.

So back home to my little town with 2 traffic lights. I stopped by the lumber and hardware store. There I found the Gerber Gatorback machete! Go figure...

didnt want to ruin your delta 5 thread but this is what happens when a Big Vampirewolf Foot gets ahold of you
untitled.jpg

:lol: Thats hilarious! see, I told you in the delta-5 thread you would need some sort of bigfoot anti-mating call! :lol: !!! if that poor hiker had some, the headline would have read differently!

Just got back from the hospital, I couldnt fix this at home! Though I did grab a bandage from my Muninyeri EDC! ;) Glad Allison had her phone and got this pic for me!!!

I was chopping wood with my hatchet to make kindling for a fire. I wasnt wearing pants or boots, just shorts and house slippers. I was sitting in a chair swinging downward in front of me, just trying not to hit my fingers cuz I didnt wanna call Jenny and tell her to hurry home cuz I just lopped off a finger! :lol: Well, I missed my mark and glanced off the side of the wood and drove the hatchet into my ankle! It was cool, I actually hit an artery so it was pumping blood out!

Heres the pic Ally got!!!

Attachments

• HatchetWound.jpg
    HatchetWound.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 429
HOLY MOTHER!

You OK bro? That must hurt like hell. How many stitches you end up with? Glad you still have your foot man!

Its cool man! I can deal with pain... but it messed up our shooting plans today! :lol: Now we're rescheduling everything for next week.

I actually thought it was kinda cool, but I knew it was bad enough I wasn't gonna fix it here as soon as I did it. I only got 4 stitches! Can you believe that? I knicked the artery and everything!

Well damn, that sucks. Hope you heal up ok man. Just goes to show you though, when you get complacent in any facet of your life bad things can happen. At least you got a cool picture out of it?

Hope you're OK Bro !! ;)

When was your last tetanus shot ?

Probably gave you one today...a Td (tetanus & diphtheria )...as the CDC recommends that adults receive a booster vaccine every ten years...and it can take up to two weeks for tetanus antibodies to form.

Sneaky, youre def right about that! Dont get comfortable with simple and seamingly mundane tasks!

Shooter, I'm good man, Thanks! Right now whats botherin me is I dont know if I'll be goin to work tomorrow. And youre right, I did get a tetanus shot, I really cant remember the last time I had one. They did say it was a very clean cut though! I told em I dont keep dull tools.

Man, I looked at that sucker and just saw dark blood well up in it and put my hand on it and held it tight. I calmly had Cole get my first aid kits. One hand held the cut closed while the other found my badage and got it opened. I wrapped that thing TIGHT! Good thing too. When I got to the hospital they wanted to see it and I told em that was fine but that it would open its mouth and belch blood.

It did. As soon as we unwrapped it, it started pouring out. We took that picture after they rinsed it with saline to try and see the depth of it. Thats also when we were able to see the blood pulsing in it from the artery! How cool is that!!! :D

That ankle wound is beginning to suck. It hurts now and I cant move my foot. Stayin home tomorrow... I hate missing work.

As the saying goes, you'll feel it in the morning! Hope you get healed up ok man. Who else is going to entertain us with their awesome videos!?! :p

Back