• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Short Barreled Shotgun-The 500SBS

Ok, so after talking to my Class III buddy (He's actually a fellow coastie) I'm back on the personal route. He made some convincing arguments agains a trust, at least in my case, so I'll be doing all my paperwork. He also told me that our local CLEO is very receptive to NFA paperwork and I should have no problems obtaining his signature. I orderd the fingerprint cards from the new ATF website, and I hope to have all this stuff in the mail by the end of the month at the latest. Not sure what the ATF's turn around is right now, but I would like to have this project done by the end of the year :D

I heard that they've added a few more examiners, but 6-8 months wait is more common than not, which is sad.

My first stamp was 5 weeks round trip.

But that was many moons ago.

Glad to hear in your case the individual route will work out for you.

Best of luck sir. I just threw the trust concept out there in case you didn't get the news you were originally hoping for.

Got all the ATF forms in the mail today, too less than a week! Now it's just a little filling in and a run down to the CLEO, and I'll be a good step forward! Now I gotta get a little cash together before I send off the package :D

Excellent. Looking forward to the upcoming build.

Post a shit ton of pics when you get it all done and they say like black rifle disease, the stamp collecting club is addictive. You've been warned LOL! :D

Back