• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

I decided to add some OD to my tact 22. I'm not 100% happy with the grip and will probably redo it but other than that it turned out decent. I'm thinking about chopping the front sight off next. Still need to do a little clean up on it.

od22.jpg

od22-1.jpg

Lookin good JD!

I don't know about hacking the front sight though. The A2 post gives good visual balance to the carry handle. Just my opinion...

I know what you're saying LES. It does need something if for looks only. And it's not like it's something that has to be done. But, since I've already painted it I might as well keep monkeying with it til I screw it up. :D

If I did chop it I'd cut it back to the rails and put a fixed A2 style rail mount on it, maybe a gas block height. Add a sling mount on the bottom rail and looks wise I think it might be OK. Don't know how well it would sight in though.

Well.....only owned my Tac 22 for a week.....and Santa came in the mail today....so here she is for now........oh this is fun!!

IMG_20120623_1217491024x768.jpg

101_4538.jpg

101_4532.jpg

Just picked this up today NIB, never fired with 25 rd mags, and 4 boxes of ammo. Not thrilled with the adjustable ATI stock, seems kind of flimsy to me.

Bonesteel, the stock mounts to those guns with one screw/bolt... Not the best system, but all you can do is make sure it's tight.

101_4545.jpg

Added a foregrip from Cabelas today from Command Arms cost $19.99.

Thanks ATI guy, that never dawned on me to check the stock mount screws DUH. I tightened
up the (2) screws my stock has and that helped out a lot, thanks for the advice.

Picked mine up a couple weeks ago and got it to the tacticool level I wanted. Considering a tan/black paint scheme, but Im pretty happy with her as she sits. Here it is along with my short barrel mossy 500, gt27 subcompact, and SIG Sauer pistol

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 9,520
  • 391460_486604028019820_1183543305_n.jpg
    391460_486604028019820_1183543305_n.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 9,519
Just Finished My Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

I recently purchased my 715T. I have to say, this rifle has overshot my expectations! With out any cleaning prior to shooting, it has been fed a steady diet of .22 ammo with out 1 single hiccup! I cut down the fore grip, added a fore grip/bipod, scope and custom painted what you see myself. I have a red dot and a muzzle break awaiting mail delivery. I'm very happy with this gun to say the least.

Attachments

• 0713121149.jpg
    0713121149.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 10,851
Re: Just Finished My Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

Amboguy24, that looks great. Nice paint job, I do not have the patience or steady hand to do that. Thanks for sharing your skills.

Okay, I am thinking about buying another toprail and mounting 1 scope to each rail, that way all I have to do is just swap rails to swap scopes, BUT which one looks better on the gun in your opinion? I can't make up my mind. My wife actually came up with the multiple toprail with a scope mounted to each idea.

A) red dot
101_4562.jpg

-OR-

B) 3 9x40 Barska Mossberg logo scope ($20 at Mossberg.com)
101_4563.jpg

Bonesteel.....They both look good. I personally think the Barska scope would look good if it was blackened. The red dot is a winner too, but I prefer the scope if it was black. The decision lies in what ever you will personally grab as your go to set up for shooting. If you have 2 rails, then you can alternate when ever you feel you need to. Either way, gotta love the gun huh?

multiple top rails-what a great idea-i might do the same-visually the black on black red dot appeals to me more so than the silver/aluminum

If you had other aluminum color items integrated on the rifle it would look better to me-just my $.02.

I have been searching in vain for external shiny aluminum parts for my tac 22 to no avail. Hand guard rail, carry handle, etc.

Thanks guys. The 2 rail system works great, just swap the rail and bam done, swap scopes without a hiccup. Yeah the black on black looks better, but that silver is kinda cool. I am considering a digital winter camo paint scheme on the gun, if I do that then both scopes should blend nicely. Just can't decide if i really want to paint it yet, maybe i'll buy another one paint it lol.

My Mossberg 715T AR-15 Style Tactical 22lr, Adjustable Stock, 25-Round Magazine
• Bushnell Trophy Red/Green Dot 4-Reticle Scope, Polarizing Filter
• GDT Tactical Folding Foregrip/Bipod Combination Grip

Attachments

• Mossberg  715T.jpg
    Mossberg 715T.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 10,588
Back