• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Show off your Mossberg Tactical .22!!!

has anyone gotten their hands on a Flat Top version?? Wondering what the accuracy is out of one of these too!!!

Hi guys !...1st post !
Here's my 702 Tact
3 point sling , Bushnell Trophy red dot , ATI cheekriser , green laser ,
m702t.jpg

Ruger (long) muzzlebrake with a plastic tube from a burnt-out solar garden light , cut and fitted into the slot ,
muz.jpg

Magpul sling swivel
IMG_0507.jpg

M4 butt pad
101_7023.jpg

Thx L.E.S. !
I bought that 702 Tact about a month after it was first introduced in Canada.
I've got 7500rd plus through 'er with very few issues , mostly with ammo.
Pretty much all the do-dads came from E-bay . It became somewhat of an obsession with a surplus of gidgets 'n gagets.
I ended up buying a 715T flat-top just recently to handle the overflow :lol:
Photos of that unit will come up shortly ;)

Hello fellow Mossberg owners! Im new to the forums and thought Id drop by to show you my latestt purchase. I bought this 715t this week for about 320 out the door. Flat top version. i took off the stock irons, added a red dot (553 clone), vertical grip, flash light, and two point sling attached to front mount and the front end of the buttstock where the buffer tube would be (not shown in pic). Will probably add some paint sometime the road but its lookin pretty as is for now.

I went to the range yesterday and it shot pretty darn well and i was impressed and have been very happy with it so far. Had maybe about 3-4 failures (fte's) out of about 400 rounds for the day feeding it all kinds of cheap wally world bulk ammo. Shooting only at 25 yd indoor range i was constantly shhoting thru the same holes once i had the red dot zerod in.

A few other things ive done: When i got the gun the mags has a wobble to them and would rattle giving the cheaper feel. And i dont know if its normal but the buttstock would rattle a little bit too. i fixed both of these "issues" by filling in the loose gaps with justtt enuf layers of electrical tape to make a snug but fully operational fit. You can pick her up now n shake her all you want and you wont hear a sound. She is SOLID! I cant wait to get home from work tonight and tinker around with it some more. Sorry if my post is too long. Happy shooting fellas! And ladies if there are any :)

Attachments

• 2012-08-30 12.54.04.jpg
    2012-08-30 12.54.04.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 10,539
VERY NICE! That's what I was looking for!! Cheap, Fun and Reliable! A Few FTF (Fire or Feeds) are expected in 22's I think.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners as well! Keep The photos coming! :D

Itsricmo said:
VERY NICE! That's what I was looking for!! Cheap, Fun and Reliable! A Few FTF (Fire or Feeds) are expected in 22's I think.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners as well! Keep The photos coming! :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Congrats on the new 715t and welcome aboard!

Thanks guys!

The jams I would get only when loading over 10 rounds in the magazine. The empty casing would get slammed against the roof of the chamber while cycling the next round. I think after the mags get broken in and the spring becomes less stiff this wont be a problem anymore. Last night I loaded up 25 rounds in each mag (i have 2) and im going to let it sit until my next time out. Hopefully this will help.

I agree on breaking the spring in. Maybe even take your thumb and apply some extra pressure as if you were loading one more in the mag, every now and again. Just a thought.

Itsricmo said:
I agree on breaking the spring in. Maybe even take your thumb and apply some extra pressure as if you were loading one more in the mag, every now and again. Just a thought.

Lol! Laughing because that is exactly what I do! Gave them a few taps before taking off to work this morning. May have just been an excuse to pull the toys out

It slips over the original butt plate. It will be tight but thats the way it's supposed to be'
I have another one on my flat top , no sure who the manufacturer is..same fit...no probs' Looks good , feels good too.

I've got 3 mags and I havn't had any jamming issues...musta just got lucky for a change.
Normally , I won't load much more than 20rd in mine. I just feel that not over compressing the spring will keep it "springier" ' I do that ( not maxing my mags ) to any of them no matter the rifle make.
A buddy showed me how he got the "jiggles' out of his mag by gluing rubber ( about 1/8" thick ) on each side of the top flat of the mag where it contacts the rifle.

I like that red dot , Comeatmebrro , Now ya got me thinkin ... :lol:

Here's a few more pics. I love the look. And the cheap Eotech knockoff does exactly what it's supposed to do and works well. The reticle is bright and clear and can be switched from red to green and it runs off 2 AAA batteries.

Someday I would like to get some flip up irons as backup. That would really top it off.

Attachments

• 2012-08-30 12.53.16.jpg
    2012-08-30 12.53.16.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 3,402
  • 2012-09-02 00.43.33.jpg
    2012-09-02 00.43.33.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 3,401
  • 2012-09-02 00.43.08.jpg
    2012-09-02 00.43.08.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 3,400
I wish they would ad in a feature to be able to switch out pistol grips! It would only be a little more ingenuity :) But still that is a nice gun!!

My new 715T flat-top
I'm still deciding on "the" optic for it but folding sights are on the order list.
I'm going to keep it basic black ;)

m715b.jpg

m715a.jpg

Back