• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

Glad to hear from you on the other side. I'll take that you're posting already as a great sign! rest up now.

Ha! Thats funny! My hospital stays have never gone that well!!!

Glad youre back!

Hey Ripjack13, glad you made it through. It's been a long hot summer and even though the grandkids were here only 10 days, it seemed like an eternity with the grand daughter from hell.

The grandson had never shot a gun except for his BB gun. He's 10 years old. I let him shoot the Rossi Twin with the .22 barrel. At 40 yards he was hitting within 4 inches of the target. Not bad for a first time and excited as well as nervous as he was. We switched to the .410 barrel and he fired a shot of #000 and a slug. That was all he wanted of the .410 for now.

I have been so busy with work and dealing with states regulators and NRC in getting new licensing and come tomorrow, I'll be on the road again headed up to Pennsylvania.

It's been another very dry summer but week before last week on my return from San Antonio, was hit with a deluge of rain in Austin. again in Mineral Wells and I just had time to unload my truck and get my stuff in the house when it hit here so I have some mowing to do before I leave.

Our business has grown by leaps and bounds with occasional down turns kind of like the stock market but we are hiring again for folks with a Class A CDL and hiring mechanics as we expand our business more.

Take care my brothers. Until next time. Nasa

rip that's awesome!

The last time I had surgery all I got was a scar and one of those nifty plastic bracelets with my name on it! So glad to see things went well brother. Take it easy in your recovery and don't try to do too much too fast...

nasa, great story about the grandson.

That's awesome! Good luck with the job man. I know all the red tape can be a PITA...

I'm feelin better. Not bad really. The Doc said one more week, then I can go back to work. But take it easy, be smart and don't over do it. That way I can get out of light duty. (really, there's no light duty in construction :roll: )

The incision is starting to itch now, and there's only pain when I stretch, or bend over too quick..

Thanx for checkin on me!! :D

To all. I don't get to spend enough time these days doing what I want to do. Been really busy getting licensed for repair of my nukes. Thought I would be able to spread some of the work load but when the process was done, it says I am the only one allowed to do the work in my company. May be a pain in the rear but I will try to change that soon.

Headed to Houston on Sunday to pick up some new ones and deliver them out west. My bull dogs and inside bitches don't like me being gone over night. I know they really won't like it next month when I have to visit all of our sites again for inventory.

Glad Rip is doing OK.

Needto get back into doing a little gun smithing. Have some that are in dire need of some bluing or paint.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OK I need to vent.

Got up at 4:30 to get an early start to to work. Jump in the blazer ansd the battery is completly dead, which I now realize was due to accidently leaving the cargo light on. No problem, I'll just jump in the pickup and jump it. Well the pickup barely started because it has been sitting so long, no problem, I'll just let it charge a bit. After a few minutes I begin to smell gasoline. I look around and find that my pickup has sprung a leak in the gas line and has spewed untold gallons of gas all over my drive (apparently there was still enough pressure in the line for it to idle. About the same time I notice this and rush tio shut it off it stalls because I've now run completely out of gas.

Now with two dead vehicles in the drive I decide to try the Honda but am doubtfull that the little battery in that will jump my Blazer. At this point you're probably askling yourself why didn't I just drive the Honda, and I have a good answer for that. My girlfriend has a Dr appointmenty in another city so we cannot carpool today.

Anyway, the little Honda starts it without a problem. Now I use my tow strap to pull the pickup back up the drive as far as i can so we can get the other vehicles out.

And to top it all off it then started to rain so I had stop and go traffic all the way to work, in fact the last 30 miles I'm not sure if I ever took my foot off the brake. :x :x

The day has to get better......right?

Well...it doesn't have to....but in your case I hope it does. ;)

Ironically the Blazer ('94) is the highest mileage vehicle I own at over 210K. The Honda ('08) is a close second at 170 and the pickup ('94) has 109K. Almost half a million miles on those three vehicles. I really need to spend less time in the car. LOL

Less time in the cars and more time in the field. It would be interesting to know how much time we really spend in the field. I have so many...it's way to much fun to even keep track.

I actually calculated it a while back I spend on average about 48 days a year just sitting in a car. :(

Gadzooks man!

Edit.

I just figured mine out.....so far this year....21 days...just sitting in my truck. Sheesh..

I wonder if kids in China look at the toys in Happy Meals and think, "Hey, I made that."

Sent from my Mossberg 835.

I swear, if it's not one thing it's another. So the other day (Thursday I think) it got kind of chilly here. I was home sick and I mentioned to my wife that it felt cold in the house. She just brushed it off as I was sick. Well, we wake up the next morning to it being 63* in the house. Go downstairs and sure enough the heater has stopped working and it's one of those hot surface igniter (think glow plug) systems so you can't really just light it like a system with a pilot light. So we get the HVAC guys out here and being that this thing is 30 years old and was the top of the line back then it's going to be over a grand to fix it. Great...

So I'm talking with the guy and he tells me they have a showroom model that would be smaller but kick out better heat then the model I had and they could give me a few hundred off of it for it being opened even though it was never used. So we ended up going that route as this is the 3rd time in 10 years this furnace has had to have major maintenance done to it.

Fast forward to today and they get here with the furnace. The guy gets to work installing it. He comes to the point where he has to turn the power off to the furnace and all the sudden half my house looses power. Turns out some genius decided half my living room outlets, all my dining room outlets, one of my kitchen outlets and light, half the master bedroom outlets and all of my bathroom outlets and lights are on the same 20 amp breaker as the furnace. :evil: :evil: :evil:

The install guy is getting wrapped up when the original guy (his supervisor apparently) shows up to check on the progress. Everything going well and they even offered to get the humidifier system going since it hadn't been working. They pop the cover off only to discover it isn't working because someone decided to just screw it to the side of the system right next to the A/C coil without cutting a whole in the sheet metal for the thing to actually allow humidity to get into the system. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!!1!1!!!111! So they just disabled it, since it obviously wasn't doing anything but putting moisture up against the side of the sheet metal. Some days I swear the universe hates me.

Holy cow man....that's crazy. I can't even imagine why they would put them all on the same breaker. But in old homes they did a lot of dumb things...

Back