• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What did you do to your shotgun today??

Added a little something to the stock on the A1...

...also packed up 100 rounds in assorted brands of 7.5 & 8 target loads, #4 and 00 buck, and some Win. PDX1 buck and ball to pattern at the range Saturday morning. Taking 50 rounds of Fed. LE slugs and Centurion .650 ball to smack some steel at the 100yd berm. Should be a fun morning... :D

^ jealous! I just picked up 300 rounds of federal bulk... Gotta getting while it's here!

stigmata said:
Love the stickers....
I'd like to know how you like the follower, been looking at that particular one. What do you think?

We'll see...I'll let you know. I got delayed for my FFL transfer of my shotty. Soooo pissed about it. They have til monday. If no decision by then, I can pick her up tuesday morning. :D

I can tell ya the follower feels solid. Nice and sturdy, well built and excellent quality. Love the red insert. I'm sure it will have great visibility.

Best friend just installed the ATI Talon pistol grip on his and insisted I accompany him with mine that has the original ATI style one. He wanted to compare the two side by side. Hey how can anyone say no to some free ammo and a ride to the range. The cloud of cobwebs and dust was pretty spectacular with the first shot out of mine. :lol:

Realized it had been far too long that I had shot the 500s. My shoulder is still thanking me. :oops: Nah, my shoulder is fine actually. That ATI scorpion butt pad works very well even with 1 oz Remington sluggers.

To be perfectly honest I didn't feel that the Talon pistol grip reduced felt recoil any more compared to the older style ATI grip. I think the ATI butt pad soaks up the majority of it. He's happy with the talon. Far better than what he had before and thats what matters.

It felt great to punch some big holes in paper and bust up some flying clay targets. Always a ton of fun.

detail cleaned it... got some goop out... cycled it over a dozen times....

My 930 got action this weekend over at the skeet range.

I shot this event yesterday http://g3gsep.whindo.com/event/default. ... cabbabd297 !

The series has grown - much more than I realized. It drew shooters from much of the Midwest and is heavily sponsored.

All equipment ran well. I've upped my 930 to 9 + 1.

I did SOME good shooting AND came away with a few equipment changes to make and areas to work on where I am losing time - both good lists to see clearly. Top shooters were great with sharing and discussion - I'm still on the low end of a 3-gun learning curve!

Oh - and it was my birthday! Came home to a (needed) long cold shower and pork loin in carmelized onions followed by German Chocolate cake - there was som broccoli in there somewhere too. Works for me!

Still waiting for results but I ran hard and didn't finish DFL!

jgwills said:
Best friend just installed the ATI Talon pistol grip on his and insisted I accompany him with mine that has the original ATI style one. He wanted to compare the two side by side. Hey how can anyone say no to some free ammo and a ride to the range. The cloud of cobwebs and dust was pretty spectacular with the first shot out of mine. :lol:

Realized it had been far too long that I had shot the 500s. My shoulder is still thanking me. :oops: Nah, my shoulder is fine actually. That ATI scorpion butt pad works very well even with 1 oz Remington sluggers.

To be perfectly honest I didn't feel that the Talon pistol grip reduced felt recoil any more compared to the older style ATI grip. I think the ATI butt pad soaks up the majority of it. He's happy with the talon. Far better than what he had before and thats what matters.

It felt great to punch some big holes in paper and bust up some flying clay targets. Always a ton of fun.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharin. I have a ATI Talon Collapsible stock/pistol grip delivering weds.

mingaa said:
I shot this event yesterday http://g3gsep.whindo.com/event/default. ... cabbabd297 !

The series has grown - much more than I realized. It drew shooters from much of the Midwest and is heavily sponsored.

All equipment ran well. I've upped my 930 to 9 + 1.

I did SOME good shooting AND came away with a few equipment changes to make and areas to work on where I am losing time - both good lists to see clearly. Top shooters were great with sharing and discussion - I'm still on the low end of a 3-gun learning curve!

Oh - and it was my birthday! Came home to a (needed) long cold shower and pork loin in carmelized onions followed by German Chocolate cake - there was som broccoli in there somewhere too. Works for me!

Still waiting for results but I ran hard and didn't finish DFL!

Awesome! Happy belated birthday. I bet that was fun experiencing that. Good for you! :)

tcochr said:
Just received these in the mail....I think I am more stoked about the cool @ss stickers they sent me....especially the terrorist hunting permit one...hahaha!! That one is definitely goin on the truck rear window :D

2054BFA2-E8CD-4460-82CE-AB04E657312D-57866-00001A3F98CF2D89_zps89fc35a7.jpg
57865213-FFC2-4891-9F3F-2070C2866BE1-57866-00001A3F18172541_zps93860e2e.jpg

I'm happy with my GG&G follower Mossberg for my 590A1.

Stared at it in the corner, haha. Just placed an order with Mossberg for a matte heatshield.

We're glad you're happy with the products and thanks for the honest opinions.

Looks like you're going to have to try the Talon T2 at the range next year to complete the series...

dlo said:
Stared at it in the corner, haha. Just placed an order with Mossberg for a matte heatshield.

Awesome! How much did that cost? Any shipping charges? Also, im sure you ordered the heat shield for the heavy barrel?

It was $35 for the shield. $40 after shipping, which seemed fair. That wasn't fully discussed, I said which model I had and I was told I was buying the correct one. Lol. Hopefully I can trust a Mossberg employee to know what he is doing.. thinking about getting a talon stock. Still up in the air....

dlo said:
It was $35 for the shield. $40 after shipping, which seemed fair. That wasn't fully discussed, I said which model I had and I was told I was buying the correct one. Lol. Hopefully I can trust a Mossberg employee to know what he is doing.. thinking about getting a talon stock. Still up in the air....

Ok cool, thanks. I'll probably order a heat shield shortly. That isn't too bad for the cost. I want to send my shotty off to get cerakoted. :D

Speaking of my shotty....just got home with her! I cant stop rackin' the pump...lol!! Love it!!!

First thing I did was removed the mag cap and installed the wolff spring and the gg&g follower. :D

EFC8B151-5D24-4581-AEF6-B6D34EEC2AF2-1324-00000074D1EFBE88_zps826a2121.jpg
C0FECC8F-2BF5-473B-B298-64E781877F54-1324-00000074C83D4A00_zpsd4924ade.jpg
2CFAAD5B-51C8-40FA-863E-5B49796CE2C1-1324-00000074BCADE185_zps3a71b999.jpg
D80785DB-82F4-4065-A87A-72B7B7B67AA0-1324-00000074DD55EC7C_zpsdf8c6545.jpg

Nice shotty. Haha isnt that a great feeling?
that follower looks like a nice piece. Wish they offered green. LGS had a great deal on the zmb persuader so im stuck with the green accents, didnt feel like paying more just to have a bare receiver.

dlo said:
Nice shotty. Haha isnt that a great feeling?
that follower looks like a nice piece. Wish they offered green. LGS had a great deal on the zmb persuader so im stuck with the green accents, didnt feel like paying more just to have a bare receiver.

Yeah its fun rackin' that thing :)

My ATI collapsible Talon stock delivers tomorrow. Cant wait to install that.

I noticed in the pic of the follower it looks like rust on the receiver thing. I ran my finger over it real quick and it came off on my finger. Thats odd. Wonder why that is there?? I'll take the shotty all apart tonight and give it a good cleaning.

I agree. A bright green follower would be cool.

Back