• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What did you do to your shotgun today??

Yeah, I was gonna order my talon today. Asked my girl what she thought and for some reason she said I shouldn't. Anniversary, and birthday coming up.... otherwise she wouldnt have said that im sure. Hope im right.

I should just make my own follower and get it anodized. Love having full run of a machine shop.

Spent the weekend in PA shooting Trap so the Mossbergs have been resting comfortably in the safe.
Now the 2 Browning BT-99's got a good cleaning and thanks for the $$$ they won us on Saturday which paid for Sunday and lunch and smokes and beer.........
Even though I left over $200 sitting on the table since my shooting has been poor lately so I did not play the class purse.

tcochr said:
Speaking of my shotty....just got home with her! I cant stop rackin' the pump...lol!! Love it!!!

First thing I did was removed the mag cap and installed the wolff spring and the gg&g follower. :D

good lookin' shotty. congrats. :D
i'll bet you can't stop smiling either. :D

Thanks fellas! Yeah im all smiles!!!!

Quick question, any of you guys know why I cannot fit 8 2 3/4" shells in the tube?? That 8th shell will almost fit but not quite. Tried pushing hard as I could and couldnt get it to go. Strange.

I just thought of something....am i supposed to remove that plug thing at the end of the mag tube?? That thing that is inside the tube?? Im thinkin maybe its not supposed to be in there with the wolff spring installed. Maybe the spring is supposed to press against the bottom of the thread cap??

,,,,,sounds like it's just some longer shell's. what ammo are you using?
not all 12ga shells are the same height. i know Rio are longer.

tcochr said:
I just thought of something....am i supposed to remove that plug thing at the end of the mag tube?? That thing that is inside the tube?? Im thinkin maybe its not supposed to be in there with the wolff spring installed. Maybe the spring is supposed to press against the bottom of the thread cap??

I'd leave that plug in if I were you.

It's there to keep the spring from putting your eye out when you take the cap off. Mossy is correct on the shell length. 2-3/4" is the unrolled length of the hull. Different loads and crimps will produce shells of varying lengths from one manufacturer to the next. You might also compare the lengths of the factory spring and the Wolff. It may be that the Wolff spring needs to be trimmed slightly to allow the full capacity...

Oh ok...thanks OM and LES. I didnt think it could be that shells are slightly taller. I am using winchester rifled slugs...2 3/4" 1600 fps. 1oz slugs.

Ill compare the springs tonight. Im at work being lazy at the moment...hahaha!! I did read on wolff springs website that the spring has to "set" basically break in. So Ill give it some time. I'm gonna take it all apart tonight to clean that what appears to be surface rust up. give the gun a proper scrubbin ;)

Nice looking shotgun with the muzzle attachment. Its a bitch shooting a pistol grip only 12g so good call on adding a proper shoulder stock. I think you will be most happy with it. If you have it cerakoted what color(s) are you considering?

I love the patriot brown cerakote color. I've often thought if I were to ever have one of my guns done in cerakote that will be the one I choose.

http://www.texaselitetactical.com/mossb ... pe-finish/

This link might provide some inspiration ;)

Speaking of upgrading shotguns really thinking of purchasing the FAB DEFENSE railed forend for my 20 inch 500. Then I can mount a flashlight and use an AFG as well. That gun is my 24/7 365 home defender. On my 18.5 inch 500 I want to eventually pickup another barrel (choke threaded) and some old school wood furniture. I'd like to convert it more into a proper hunting gun but have the 18.5 barrel handy to use in a pinch if things get dicey here at the homestead and had to utilize for that role.

jgwills said:
Nice looking shotgun with the muzzle attachment. Its a bitch shooting a pistol grip only 12g so good call on adding a proper shoulder stock. I think you will be most happy with it. If you have it cerakoted what color(s) are you considering?

I love the patriot brown cerakote color. I've often thought if I were to ever have one of my guns done in cerakote that will be the one I choose.

http://www.texaselitetactical.com/mossb ... pe-finish/

This link might provide some inspiration ;)

Speaking of upgrading shotguns really thinking of purchasing the FAB DEFENSE railed forend for my 20 inch 500. Then I can mount a flashlight and use an AFG as well. That gun is my 24/7 365 home defender. On my 18.5 inch 500 I want to eventually pickup another barrel (choke threaded) and some old school wood furniture. I'd like to convert it more into a proper hunting gun but have the 18.5 barrel handy to use in a pinch if things get dicey here at the homestead and had to utilize for that role.

Thanks for the link. I wish I could afford a cerakote job like that. I plan on keeping mine simple. But simple to where it'll still look cool. The ATI stock I ordered is FDE (flat dark earth). I plan to cerakote the barrel up to the bottom of the choke, FDE. I want to cerakote the choke black, the mag tube nut black, mag tube FDE, receiver FDE, heat shield black, ATI aluminum forend black, gg&g aluminum side saddle black, and a red dot small optic I think, ill keep it black. I want to mix it up. Every gun I have ever owned has been totally black.

This is where I'll be taking mine for the cerakote. He is local to me. :) He does some pretty killer work as well.http://www.acoating.com/

Got this beaut from UPS today! I was rather impressed with the packing. My stock enjoyed a rather comfy journey across the good ol' USA! :D some nice plush foam

I also contacted my guy who is going to cerakote my mossy. He said for what I want its going to cost 205 buks. Not bad. I'll hopefully drop it off this weekend or next weekend. :D

C20EE6A7-8F55-460E-83C6-95DEFFA96CDF-1652-0000007D07EABF77_zps876392ae.jpg
D7BADA11-00B5-42D7-82C0-8C8F7C803439-1652-0000007D22CDA542_zps7cc73776.jpg

Sooo excited! Swung by the LGS on my way home from work. I was just looking around the shop, just browsing. I decided to leave and on my way out, I noticed a bargain bin by the front door. Normally I hardly ever look in these. Today I'm happy I did. I scored this bad boy out of the bin. Looks brand new! I asked the shop owner if this is his best price. He said I'll sell it to you for $25. I said sold!! :D

Fab-defense polymer tri-rail
9A850001-D9AD-4E86-935A-270BB0286DFC-4410-000001652A6E4A3E_zpse33cc27a.jpg

Thanks!! Installed.....:D

Need to get a flashlight now and a grip

Pics suk. Was in a hurry. Wife was rushin me to leave. If ur married u know how that goes.

5E8DB489-4523-4099-94A8-A70AC903D108-4410-0000016EB45E85BB_zps337178fb.jpg
A690B665-C09B-4949-A7A2-50A0BF002763-4410-0000016EE620CE30_zpsa1350283.jpg

Back