What's new
Mossberg Owners

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What the hell did I just do!!!

Don't worry about where you start. You started and that's what counts. Quitting soda is hard but it's doable. I used to drink anywhere from 20oz to 132oz of Dr. Pepper(it's the nectar of the gods) a day. I haven't had one in close to 6 years now. I think that's the hardest thing to do

congrats Mike your on your way. like everyone says don't worry about where you started from. just watch the intake. do you have any glucose problems? if so you should consider talking with a nutritionist.

Congrats on the start of the journey Mike!!

You'll probably find that you will do the 10lbs a week thing for the first couple of weeks......after that it slows down drastically and takes more work. Keep at it and you'll get there. I was at my heaviest about 8 years ago at 370lbs......Now I'm down to around 245, with my build and height (I'm 6'5) I start to look sick if I go much lighter....even though the "charts" say I should be around 185.

doing our physical fitness test each year my partner and I both fail BMI.....I'm built like Tim when they look it up they say 180, I been lifting weights most my life till recent.....then they look at me and explain how wrong it can be sometimes.
Tyler my partner actually hit the obese category....2 time state champion wrestler and he runs 6 miles a morning, coaches HS wrestling.....lol. It’s funny pisses him off every year, BMI is flawed for anyone with muscle mass above average….

One of my coworkers is around 6'2" and looks fit as hell, plays hockey two or three nights a week, and his Doc told him he was obese based on the charts.

My brother has had several close calls meeting his fit requirement in the military. The guy runs 4+ miles a day and works out like a madman but he has a skinny neck for his height/weight. Luckly his CO knew how much he ran and worked out.

I agree that the charts and stats do not account for anyone that does not fit the "normal" build.

Edit: Ironically the same coworker mentioned above just sent me this:

Tracy & Matt Watson of North Andover were sent a “fat letter” from the State of Massachusetts warning them that their son, 94-pound 10-year-old Cameron Watson, was considered obese. The fit looking 4th grader recently won a Massachusetts state wrestling championship for his weight class by pinning his opponent in under 30 seconds. But according to the Department of Public Health (DPH) standards which mandates schools collect height and weight information to calculate body mass index (BMI) as an indicator of body fat, the star athlete is unhealthy.

DPH defends its practice of using BMI as a health indicator and found that 32.3 percent of Massachusetts children fall into the overweight or obese category. DPH representative Anne Roach said, "Helping children maintain a healthy weight may prevent serious illness later in life…BMI screenings are intended to raise parents' awareness about this issue." However some parents object to the agency’s practice and legislators have drafted a bill that will be voted on this spring preventing DPH from collecting the student data and issuing these letters. Cameron’s father, Matt Watson said, "I think there are problems with some children and childhood obesity but I think that's something you handle with your family and your physician…I don't think it should be the state telling the schools to test the children."
Fat Letter

According to the scale this morning I'm down 22 pounds. I hit a wall for a few days but am losing again now

I slowly working on increasing my workouts

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2

Thanks for the continued support. I need all the motivation I can get. :D :D

Down 30# and up to a very brisk 3 miles a day! :-D

Sent from my Mossberg 930 using Tapatalk2