• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

What the hell did I just do!!!

Signed up for a 5K in two weeks.

I hit the gym for the first time in a long time last night. Feel pretty sore but good.

,,,,,,again,great news Mike. :D

(waking up those old muscles can be sore)

MikeD said:
Feel pretty sore but good.

That's "weakness" leaving the body. "It" wanted to stay. It always does. It never wants to leave. It has no place to go, so it just waits in our bodies for times when you need to be strong, and then, it springs into action. POW...

Give it hell Mike....and don't ever leave the door open for "it".... :twisted:

I've officially just become one of those people.... I just orderred an arm band holder for my Zune. LOL

Well...those people are ok...it's the other ones we need to watch out for... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just pay attention to stop signs and traffic lights. Oh yeah, all the blue hair ladies out for a drive.

What do you have for concealed carry? Not a fanny pack, right? LOL :lol:

The music is mostly for indoor training. I don't like to not hear things when walking/jogging outside.

Did two miles on the track last night and jogged more than I walked. :D

I'll most likely be walking the upcoming 5K. I'm doing it with a buddy that I'm trying to get motivated to get back in shape.

The realization hit me at some point that I walk more than 5K on an almost daily basis so maybe I need to set my goals a little higher. ;)

Hey man….walking is as good as running as long as you cover the same distance as you would run. If you are doing it just for the health benefits walking BRISK is the way to go, better for your joints too……
Walk as brisk as you can and cover the same distance…..the time in motion is much longer, there are more steps and movements in the upper body. The core balance is still there so just because you aren’t running doesn’t mean a whole lot unless you are time driven or being timed.

According to the scale 299.8 this morning. I broke the 300 mark!!!! (Barely but it counts!!!!)

My local health club is offering a Ultimate Dash Training Program. It's broken down in to two nights a week. One for beginners and one for advanmced.

Training activities include (but are not limited to):
•Climbing up and over obstacles
•Running through trails
•Abdominal exercises
•jumping, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling and more!

This 8 week program will help you to improve your endurance, make you stronger, leaner, and PREPARED to CONQUER any Dash Event or Obstacle Course Race you have signed up for this summer!

I'm thinking of doing this as well.

Update: Finally hit the 40lb mark!!! I've hit a plateau. The last couple pounds have been a real battle, even with walking almost every day and hitting the gym 3 times a week.

MikeD said:
Update: Finally hit the 40lb mark!!! I've hit a plateau. The last couple pounds have been a real battle, even with walking almost every day and hitting the gym 3 times a week.
Congrats!!!! From a fat guy to an EX-Fat guy!!! :D

LTB45 said:
MikeD said:
Congrats!!!! From a fat guy to an EX-Fat guy!!! :D

Thanks.

I'm still a fat guy, just a not-as-fat guy. :lol:

oli700 said:
lol....man 40 lbs. That is a good bit, you got to feel better

I guess the sad thing is that I truely didn't realize how for out there I was. I've lost 40 and I'm still basically a 300 pound guy. Even when I lose another 100 I will still be considered overweight by many.

But to answer your question, YES, I feel much better (except that I did something to my back). My gun belt no longer cuts into me, my clothes fit loose and my feet don't hurt as much. It's also nice to be able to put my socks on without propping my leg on the bed and get out of low chairs without rocking to get momentum. It's embarassing to say that I was that way but that is the reality that I can no longer deny.

Really happy for you, watch the back.....you really shouldn’t be running yet .....Hard on everything especially if you feel your 100 off still , just my opinion. I am 6 4' and hover around 240.....obese. When I take my fitness test every year I have to listen to the health care provider tell me how flawed the BMI test is because I am not obese.....lol. My Partner at work is 5 10" and 175....overweight......he is a state wrestler and wrestling coach when we aren’t doing fire.....no body fat but fails the BMI every year.

I'm genetically a big guy. Broad shoulders, popeye calves, etc. I'm predisposed to fail any BMI scale just because my core makup is slightly bigger than the norn. These scales don't work for people that are physically larger (not due to body fat) or have more base muscle than average.

Just as Oli wrote, BMI is definitely not the most accurate evaluation system for health. I usually hover around 200, and I'm 5'10"... pretty sure that puts me in the obese category... but I can tell you, I'm not obese... the CG doesn't thinks so either.

And yes, if you feel better that's all the reason you really need to continue your progress! Great job Mike!

Back