• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

awiner said:
Chunky Monkey said:
Is anyone looking for a 930 tactical and not able to find it? I ask this because I was travelling today and stopped at 2 walmarts looking for ammo. Each walmart had a 930 tactical in the case.

I just got one a few weeks ago ~ and I didn't think I'd find others soooo soon.

Just wondering what others are seeing??

What was Walmarts price ?

Both were $499~

Re: mossberg 930 spx blackwater

well, i got the Bw for the price above and just broken it in today(not that it really needed to i guess). but i used 30 winchester slug shells at 1600fps. chewed thru all 30 shells flawlessly...wanted to do it the right way so i wont have any future hickups...now my shoulder is sore.

Re: Looking for 930 SPX with no luck; Any Help?

did you find a 930 SPX?? I just bought one in clearfield PA in Feb for 660.00. It was a Blackwater edition too

I hope everyone realized they are all over gun broker... even if you can't find a spx or blackwater cheap enough for your liking they have multiple other models for really decent prices n then you can easily upgrade it yourself and still wind up cheaper n no qc issues cause it isn't a model that's pushed out the door asap.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Ke ... ssberg+930

I snagged a 85371 930 SPX Blackwater Edition on Gunbroker about 3 weeks ago.

It sounded like he had more on hand.

Keep looking...

Duane

Al,
This past Saturday I bought a Mossberg 930 SPX Blackwater with the pistol grip at Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville, GA. I think I paid $759. They had at least one more in stock.
As a side note, mine has the ghost ring sights made by XS Sights and the
standard SPX has ghost ring sights made by someone else, maybe LPA?
Does anyone know why there's a difference in the sights?
Here's the link to Autrey's:
http://www.autreysarmory.com/
Dave

Etech01 said:
Al,
This past Saturday I bought a Mossberg 930 SPX Blackwater with the pistol grip at Autrey's Armory in Fayetteville, GA. I think I paid $759. They had at least one more in stock.
As a side note, mine has the ghost ring sights made by XS Sights and the
standard SPX has ghost ring sights made by someone else, maybe LPA?
Does anyone know why there's a difference in the sights?
Here's the link to Autrey's:
http://www.autreysarmory.com/
Dave
Yup, the lpa sights are removable sights on the rail itself. the xs sights are part of the rail and slightly lower profile.

I'd much rather have the lpa sights cause the are protected by dog ears, can be swapped out with other variants of lpa ghost rings and cowitness well with a few red dot and reflex sights.

Pretty much the reason I got a standard spx was the difference in sights...plus I like a traditional stock over the choate stock n don't like huge logos printed on my receiver.

edit: also I only paid $555 for my spx... bought a choate stock for 75(which I have since sold cause I hate it)... altogether still cheaper then what they are selling the bw spx for.

really guys are paying an extra 200-400 dollars just for that logo.

Hmmmmm, I paid 660.00 for a new 930 Blackwater....my math doesn't show 200-400 dolla more than 555.00 for a standard SPX. I chose the Blackwater not for the logo but the XS sights don't seem clunky and too high like the lpa ghost sights. The fiber optic sight out front seems cheap and looks to fall out of place to me also.

btrshoes said:
Hmmmmm, I paid 660.00 for a new 930 Blackwater....my math doesn't show 200-400 dolla more than 555.00 for a standard SPX. I chose the Blackwater not for the logo but the XS sights don't seem clunky and too high like the lpa ghost sights. The fiber optic sight out front seems cheap and looks to fall out of place to me also.

I was obviously responding to the gentleman I quoted and referring to prices that I saw when I was making my own purchase. There is always an exception to the norm of course.

I know some guys like the xs sights, personally I don't. I'm also not alone in disliking the choate pg stock, which is the only stock option for the blackwater.

Poopypants said:
btrshoes said:

I was obviously responding to the gentleman I quoted and referring to prices that I saw when I was making my own purchase. There is always an exception to the norm of course.

I know some guys like the xs sights, personally I don't. I'm also not alone in disliking the choate pg stock, which is the only stock option for the blackwater.

Hey guys,

The good news is that there ARE different options for us to choose from. :D

I happen to like the lower profile XS sights and the Choate PG stock on my Blackwater edition 85371, but I also can see how some people would NOT like them.

Everyone is a little different. For me, when I shoulder the gun, the Bushnell TRS-32 aligns perfectly with my eye. There is a hole in the base that lets me use the XS Ghost ring as a backup, but I really like that the TRS-32 lines up so well.

That just happened to work out for me, it certainly was not due to careful planning on my part. :eek:

Duane

Duane said:
Poopypants said:
btrshoes said:

Hey guys,

The good news is that there ARE different options for us to choose from. :D

I happen to like the lower profile XS sights and the Choate PG stock on my Blackwater edition 85371, but I also can see how some people would NOT like them.

Everyone is a little different. For me, when I shoulder the gun, the Bushnell TRS-32 aligns perfectly with my eye. There is a hole in the base that lets me use the XS Ghost ring as a backup, but I really like that the TRS-32 lines up so well.

That just happened to work out for me, it certainly was not due to careful planning on my part. :eek:

Duane

Is that the standard or an aftermarket base for the trs 32? Or does it come with multiple mounting options?

I've always liked the idea for the "through the base cowitness" for lower pro sights like yours, but I've also seen guys show their trs 25 on the rail of a standard spx where it cowitness right through the lpa grs and f.o. front post...

... really cool and all but I really think I'd be happier with a larger viewer like that offered by the 32 so I wonder if it can be mounted in such a manner as to cowitness the lpa sights as well.

Poopypants,

I have a Bushnell TRS-25, which I love, on my Ruger 22/45 Lite.

I tried it on the 930 Blackwater, liked it, but couldn't use the XS sights with it. :cry:

So I bought a TRS-32, hoping that I could use the co-witness hole in the base. This works, but could be better if the co-witness hole was slightly lower. I can't get a "perfect" sight picture with the ghost ring sights because the base hole is just high enough so that it partially covers the very bottom of the ghost ring.

I contacted Bushnell CS, and was told that they did not offer a different base, and did not know of anyone that made one to help me.

I may elongate the co-witness hole lower about 1/16", when I get around to it. But it works O.K. for now.

What I really like about the TRS-32 on the 930 Blackwater is that it lines up with my eye EVERY time I shoulder the gun. I don't have to FIND it, it's just THERE. :D Like I've said before, I just got lucky.

The difference between a 25 mm sight and a 32 mm sight is HUGE, especially when the 25 mm sight is held at arms length (like on my pistol) and the 32 mm sight is up close to your face.

Duane

If you could get a great deal on a non-PG version, you could always add an aftermarket PG stock.
The ones Mossberg uses are Choate and you can get that PG stock for $77 plus about $10 shipping

JM PRO series update

I've been trying to locate one for months, I've also been trying to contact mossberg without success forever.
I finally texted my nephew who lives near HQ he just walked in and asked.

The answer he got was that there was no estimated date on the next batch.
But they will be under 800.00 when they do start back up again after all this political BS is over.

Just a heads up for anyone who is dying to get their hands on one as bad as I am.

Re: JM PRO series update

Hmm, interesting. I've had a 930 on order for about 6 weeks. I called mossberg last month and stayed on hold for 50 minutes and finally got someone on the phone that said they are still producing them but have no time frame. Sounds to be in lune with what you said, although I was hoping that it wouldn't be much longer. From what you say it could be a year before anymore are produced... I might have to just see about a versamax or m2 if that's going to be the case. Not that I wanted to spend that, but I can't wait more than a couple more mos. Max. Thanks for the update.

Duane said:
Fumes,

There a used, but unfired one on GunBroker right now, in your price range.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =337344878

Duane
:eek: Holy crap it sold for 1475.00, it was a 24" anyway, but thanks none the less!

To thecelt, so were you gonna buy direct from Mossy then? If so what was going to be the price tag. I may just do that just to know I'll eventually get one instead of waiting for them to hit the market and get sucked up in two days!!! :lol:

Fumes,

Well, it WAS still in your price range when I posted the link. ;)

I paid MSRP for my 930 SPX Blackwater a couple months back, and thought that I'd done O.K., considering the lack of availability. I still think so.

I'll keep my eyes open for a JM Pro, and let you know if I run across one. What barrel length are you looking for?

Duane

Back