• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

Re: mossberg 930 spx blackwater

Ricks930SPX said:
awiner said:
My local gun shops have had the Blackwater 930 SPX for $715, which I still feel is over priced but fair in this market due to supply and demand.

NIB or used and how long ago?

awiner said:
Some online dealers have had the 930 SPX for $572 in stock two weeks ago. Now out of stock.

I am sorry but prior to our purchase I had not seen a online dealer with the 930 SPX Blackwater in stock for several months. I checked daily on many, many online dealer sites.

I had been looking for 930 SPX Blackwater for about two months prior to our NIB online auction purchase which ended on Super Bowl Sunday night at 10:00 pm. I feel that we had gotten the best deal at the current time (and still do). To get the gun to us, winning auction price $932.00, shipping and transfer came to just shy of $1,000.00. Yes pricey, but its the gun the wife and I wanted.

I have seen used and "slightly used" 930 SPX Blackwaters on different sites from $875.00 and up to the guy in Boise that wanted $2,000.00 (his buzz must have worn off and lowered the price a bit now).

I have been back to the big online gun auction site just to see what they are going for. Its been sporadic, some weeks there may be 1 or 2 (NIB) and then they have dried up, most recently as of this past weekend not a 1 to be had. I have witnessed 2 (NIB) go for more than $1,200.00 winning bid the past couple of weeks.

So to put it in our perspective, yes a year or 2 ago under $700.00 would high but since these weapons are no longer made...well....

The price of this weapon is still a great deal compared to the M-4 that is upwards around $2000.00 + now.

The Blackwater SPX (85371) at my local shop was new in box for $715.00. It has since sold. I will see if they have anymore when I am there next.

The 930 SPX standard stock (85370) was $689 NIB. They had one left in stock which I purchased.

The ones I quoted for $572 were new in box standard stock SPX's (85360). The online shop had 5 in stock two weeks ago and they sold out within 24 hours.

so overall, which is a better deal?
$575 mossberg 930 tactical stand-off breacher barrel w/ standard stock and no heat shield 4+1 shot
$700 mossberg 930 blackwater edition pistol grip stock XS sights 7+1 shot

HMsailor said:
so overall, which is a better deal?
$575 mossberg 930 tactical stand-off breacher barrel w/ standard stock and no heat shield 4+1 shot
$700 mossberg 930 blackwater edition pistol grip stock XS sights 7+1 shot

That depends on what your primary use of this shotgun will be.

I know quite a few owners that bought a less expensive 930 and added the necessary parts to turn it into what they desired, some even made a full blown SPX for less than what a SPX would cost in these inflated price times.

Re: Cabela Buy 930 SPX?

Tabsr said:
New limbsaver recoil pad, wolff mag spring and well lubed bolt with teflon grease . 60 rounds of slug, OO buck to #8 target load and never a problem. Does not like to always load an empty chamber from the mag tube.
Rack the bolt with some authority and it'll kick one onto the lifter. I wouldn't mess around with cutting the spring unless your having trouble fitting in all 7 shells.

Gentleman, I was incorrect, sorry for the miss information. I had read on a couple of sites that the Blackwater Edition was no longer. I guess we can't believe everything on the internet.

I just got off the phone with Mossberg and the 85371 is still in production but the rep. could not tell me when the next run was to be manufactured.

Mossberg.com does have the weapon listed with a MSRP price of $865.00 but out of stock.

Again my apologies.

honestly, i think mossberg shouldve named the 930 blackwater a 930A1. i like the design but its just the name that bothers me. im not saying that blackwater trademark/logo isnt good, i personally think that it wouldve been better w/o it. and just named it mossberg 930A1 like a 590A1.

but anyways, if i get the 930BW for $700+6%tax, how much $ would i be able to flip it for? unfired and fired pls? thanks...

CHEAPEST PRICED 930 BLACKWATER???

I just bought a new 930 SPX Blackwater and this gun kicks butt!! 100 rounds out of it, mostly low brass garbage and no FTF yet but Im curious whats a good deal or what anyone else has paid or is paying now with all the gun crazed prices...I paid 660.00 new before tax last week here in Pa so whats anyone else got in their gun????

Re: CHEAPEST PRICED 930 BLACKWATER???

That's a pretty good price these days. Before the craziness the Blackwater 930 could be had for in the mid to upper $500 range.

Even at that you had to search high and low.

$660 is acceptable in this climate for a Blackwater 930. Fun gun !!!

Re: CHEAPEST PRICED 930 BLACKWATER???

Where in PA you at? I'm near Bedford along the turnpike.

I just picked up a tactical at Wally world $450 and did a trade for an SPX barrel. Trying to put together a decent 3 gun shotty. Haven't shot mine yet but I can't wait ~ I got some low brass crap to see if she'll eat it.

Is anyone looking for a 930 tactical and not able to find it? I ask this because I was travelling today and stopped at 2 walmarts looking for ammo. Each walmart had a 930 tactical in the case.

I just got one a few weeks ago ~ and I didn't think I'd find others soooo soon.

Just wondering what others are seeing??

Chunky Monkey said:
Is anyone looking for a 930 tactical and not able to find it? I ask this because I was travelling today and stopped at 2 walmarts looking for ammo. Each walmart had a 930 tactical in the case.

I just got one a few weeks ago ~ and I didn't think I'd find others soooo soon.

Just wondering what others are seeing??

What was Walmarts price ?

Back