• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

Re: Looking for 930 SPX with no luck; Any Help?

Thank you very much, sokr915, I will call them tomorrow. I appreciate your help so much, my friend!!!

Did you get a chance to hold it, sokr915? If so, did it look new? Were all of the Mossberg decals still plastered on it?

I called them and they said that had never been fired, but that someone had purchased it and sold it back to them. He said that the person had been laid off and needed the money, but that the gun had never been shot.

Just wondered if you got a good look at it.

Re: Can I get a Mossberg 930 home defense in nyc?

The 930 is a good gun, but personally, in a Home Defense situation I'm a much bigger fan of the 500/590 pump guns than I am of the 930 semi-auto. I'm an industrial maintenance technician by trade and if there is one thing that my career has taught me it is that complex machines never fail at a good time and the simpler you can make something the better off you are. The autoloaders are getting better and better all the time but there is a definite reassurance to knowing that when you rack the slide a round WILL go in the chamber....not should go. So if it will be primarilly a HD shotty I would suggest a pump.

As far as the legality of the 930HD in accordance to the new NY laws.....Dunno. It may be legal right now and illegal in a few months. My understanding is that they are already going to have to ammend the bill for the Law Enforcement exemption so nobody knows what else could be changed. My advice would be to call your local CLEO and ask them before you purchase anything just to CYA.

I agree with Tim4k5 on using a pump for HD. You want reliable action in a stress situation. Most autos I have seen will jam or misfeed at some point. You can minimize this by trying different ammo to determine which cycles the best.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

I concur with Old Mossy.... you will need to go through the registration process in NYC which is a lengthy process. But with the new law I dont see that being an issue owning.

I thought that NYs new regs were semi autos to 5 in a fixed mag. There were so many absurd rules my head spins and I'd have to look again. If I lived in NYC (from 1984-92 I did) i'd have it printed and ready to reference before I made a move in the firearms department. Seriously - this is not something take laying down. 7 round handgun mags- where did that come from. NY needs to be repealed and. Of stand as an example for the rest of the country. Cuomo is insane!

I have a 930 in the bedroom closet. It's a great gun and holds it own in competition. It has a light when home - same with a favorite AR BUT my go-to guns are full size Glocks pistols.

Yes there are more rules in NYC.

I'd say get through the registration process first. By the time you get approved you will have read the regs so many times you'll know what you can purchase.

Sure would appreciate a PM from anyone that spots a 930 SPX in your travels, either Model 85370 or 85371.

They sure have dried up!

I held it and it looked new. I thought it was brand new. I don't remember if the mossberg stickers were on it though. I do remember saying to myself that if I didn't just buy my 590 that I would have purchased it.

Thanks all! I'm thinking more about the pumps now. Probably safer as well for a newbie. God Bless.

My LGS here in TN got one in today, model 85360 selling for $749.

It's brand new. I checked the sights and they are on good 'n straight. I'll post a photo when I get to the house this evening. Lemme know if you're interested Al and I'll PM you their contact info...

Hell yes, LES!

Shoot me PM and I surely do appreciate it!

Thank you very much!!

I may end up buying that gun, LES, but it is an 85360. I really want the pistol grip model 85370, or even the Blackwater 85371.

It is selling at a great price but I am going to hold off for just a bit longer. Thanks for the tip, though as I really, really appreciate it.

So, I am still looking. Like I said before I am kind of relying on tips like LES and others have given me. If you spot a 930 SPX with a pistol grip I would really appreciate a PM or a post to this thread. Thanks to LES and all!!

No worries Sir,

I'll post up if I happen to see a PG model anywhere...

Searched every place during the Xmas time, concerned with law changes and wanted to buy during 2012. No luck, and decided to visit Cabela's to order one. 40' long gun counter was 4 deep with customers. After 30 minutes, asked the sales guy and replied "good luck finding one". When I looked at the rack behind him, there was a new 930 SPX!! Was he suprised. When I left, the shelf was now empty of any 930 SPX. Keep looking, You may be suprised. Price was $679.

Initial inspection of the gun was all appeared OK. and now in break in period of 50 rounds with zero problems with cycle. After initial test, Did complete a few improvement mods. Now the next 50 rounds.

Back