• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where to buy a Mossberg 930 or 930 SPX?

Congratulations, Tabsr!

Great price on a sweet shotgun, my friend.

Did you clean it before you shot it for the first time?

Cabela Buy 930 SPX?

New limbsaver recoil pad, wolff mag spring and well lubed bolt with teflon grease . 60 rounds of slug, OO buck to #8 target load and never a problem. Does not like to always load an empty chamber from the mag tube.

Re: Cabela Buy 930 SPX?

Tabsr said:
New limbsaver recoil pad, wolff mag spring and well lubed bolt with teflon grease . 60 rounds of slug, OO buck to #8 target load and never a problem. Does not like to always load an empty chamber from the mag tube.

This is usually caused by a mag spring that is too strong. The spring puts a lot of pressure on the shells which in turn push too hard on the shell stop, thereby not allowing release of the shell.

You can tell if you have this issue pretty easily. Remove one shell so that 6 are loaded. Do you still have this problem? If not, the spring is too strong which can be rectified by:

1. Leaving the magazine tube fully loaded so that the spring 'works in' and becomes a bit weaker

or

2. Cut 1/2" - 1" off the spring and retry.

Personally I would try option 1 first.

I saw one today at a LGS that was NIB for $675. I did not think that was too awful bad considering I paid $599 for mine 2 years ago. As stated above, they are out there, you just gotta shop around.

ericm1a2 said:
Walmart has the stand off model in my area $499

I have 3 Walmarts in my area and I was able to finally find one ~ same exact price by the way. Also nice if your spouse works for walmart then you get 10% off! :D

I have not shot any rounds under 1300 ft and to be honest I dont plan too, I have ran 400 rounds with out a hitch so far

mossberg 930 spx blackwater

hello, does anyone know what a decent price would be for a new Mossy 930 Blackwater Ed. these days?
like what would be the low, mid and high on the pricing. that's if i find any... :|

Re: mossberg 930 spx blackwater

I've seen the BW 930s going for anywhere between $650-$750.

With the current market conditions pricing is changing daily and availability is proving to be very limited...

HMsailor said:
how about $1K?

Ultimately it comes down to how much is it worth to you? Can you spend that much on it and be happy and not feel that you overpaid?

Personally I think that is WAY overpriced, but most things are right now. I would think you could find something else and even modify it if need be and still fall under that benchmark.

i mean taking into consideration all the gun politics right now and how its hard to find and order anything because everything is out-of-stock, should i grab it for that price before its too late before i regret not buying it because someone decided to get it?

My local gun shops have had the Blackwater 930 SPX for $715, which I still feel is over priced but fair in this market due to supply and demand.

Some online dealers have had the 930 SPX for $572 in stock two weeks ago. Now out of stock.

So we know where the profit margin is.

awiner said:
My local gun shops have had the Blackwater 930 SPX for $715, which I still feel is over priced but fair in this market due to supply and demand.

NIB or used and how long ago?

awiner said:
Some online dealers have had the 930 SPX for $572 in stock two weeks ago. Now out of stock.

I am sorry but prior to our purchase I had not seen a online dealer with the 930 SPX Blackwater in stock for several months. I checked daily on many, many online dealer sites.

I had been looking for 930 SPX Blackwater for about two months prior to our NIB online auction purchase which ended on Super Bowl Sunday night at 10:00 pm. I feel that we had gotten the best deal at the current time (and still do). To get the gun to us, winning auction price $932.00, shipping and transfer came to just shy of $1,000.00. Yes pricey, but its the gun the wife and I wanted.

I have seen used and "slightly used" 930 SPX Blackwaters on different sites from $875.00 and up to the guy in Boise that wanted $2,000.00 (his buzz must have worn off and lowered the price a bit now).

I have been back to the big online gun auction site just to see what they are going for. Its been sporadic, some weeks there may be 1 or 2 (NIB) and then they have dried up, most recently as of this past weekend not a 1 to be had. I have witnessed 2 (NIB) go for more than $1,200.00 winning bid the past couple of weeks.

So to put it in our perspective, yes a year or 2 ago under $700.00 would high but since these weapons are no longer made...well....

The price of this weapon is still a great deal compared to the M-4 that is upwards around $2000.00 + now.

Back