• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Who's ready for a little fishing?

mingaa said:
is perch for any good?? Edible??

I used to eat perch all the time! I really like them, just wish there was more to eat lol.

Mike it looks like you had an awesome time! I've always wanted to go ice fishing but I've never had the chance to go.

We've finally got yhe system down

Quad-IceFIshSetup_zps07e8b3f8.jpg

Mobile tackle box

IceFishing001_zps21594b77.jpg

Setup.

We have a portable pop-up shelter we drag behind the quads when it's really cold to windy. This weekend we just took the run and gun approach and kept moving til we got some hits.

There is still 15-18" of ice on the lake. There were several cars and trucks parked in different spots.

First bass of the year, not big but chunky. Had a couple guys walk by and say it was the biggest they'd seen all day and that they had been there for several hours. Which I beleive after seeing their nice mess of crappie.

WP_20130330_003_zps32ffc0a1.jpg

That's living right there MT2 !!!

I'm ready but the fish aren't! :evil: I took my daughter out for mentor fishing a week before trout season opened.We didn't catch anything. Opening day was last weekend. I had 2 bites in 4 hours and landed a 10" brook trout. My son didn't get anything. Went back in the evening and my daughter got (2) 7-1/2" brookies. Lots of fish and hardly any bites. Went back this weekend and same thing, no bites. I did count 15 trout in the hole I was at. As it gets warmer something will tell them to eat again. I hope I'm around when it happens. Usually the retired guys that can get there everyday clean them out. After trout it will be on to bass and catfish.

Went to catch some flounder last Friday. Got our limit of 10 each, including this glutton! He bit my jig first, when I set the hook, my line broke so my buddy tossed his jig to the same spot and got bit. When he looked down the flounder's mouth he found not only his jig but mine as well, which I promptly retied and continued to catch! You know they're hungry when they don't stop eating even with a 1/4oz jig with a hunk of plastic lodged in their face!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365439770.702376.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365439770.702376.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 246
We finally got some warmer weather here for a few days so I took the kids back to the spot and the trout were hitting then. We were pushing our daily limit in an hour and a half. My boy is still not patient enough but his older sister is like a predator when when fishing. Very serious. The fish all had full bellies and were still hungry. We'll get back there again soon.

Looks like everyone is having a great time fishing. I've been out a few times since the weather warmed up. I've been fishing at Spring Creek in State College which is catch and release. I've caught 19 trout in the last week. I'm hoping to go fishing again on Sunday.

My season just opened last Saturday! I didn't go out yet, but possibly after I go hunting this weekend. I broke down and bought a new pole (4'-6") and reel. I needed a small rod for the streams I have nearby, lots of trees overhanging. Not to mention when my grandson is ready he can use it too.

What do you guys use for lures? Or bait? Pix please.?

My daughter and I got out for trout again last Friday. Overcast and a little mist. We kept 3. A 12 " and two 11".

Oh it is getting to be nice fishing weather here. My son turns 3 next month and it is about time we go out on my little boat and troll around putting some lines in the water.

I'll have to get pics from my daughter's camera. She photographs all keepers and keeps a log of size/weight/bait/conditions/location. She is serious.

Just picked up my license the other week! Can't wait, Sockey should be running in about a month, and my buddy plucked a 12lbs Rainbow Trout out of one of our lakes (no one fishes for them, and the Dep't of Fish and Game stocks trout in lots of lakes around). Should be able to get some nice pics when I do end up getting out!

I just picked up a new Lowrance HDS7 gen 2 touch with structure scan... it may not help me catch any fish but at least i'll be able to see their smiles...

My turkey season ended 45 minutes after it started so I'm now looking forward to some spring/summer fishing!!!

Back