• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Why you should carry Doritos.

Got to get it floating through the air though....at least I have never really been successful lighting a pile of it. When I was about 14 we discovered creamer fire balls......about lit a buddies dog on fire one day, singed his fir because the creamer cloud just got to big. That’s the last time I played with powdered creamer

Oomatoo, you can put a few drops of kerosene on dryer lint and it will burn for a long time. You don't even have to saturate the lint with it. Just a drop or two per lint ball.

There's a thread on here somewhere about it. even posted pics.

You can substitute the kerosene for lantern oil, but the kero burns better, and longer. [thumbsup]

Oh man...I forgot all about this. Creamer is flammable? Like the trail of gunpowder on the ground in the movies?

Not in my experience anyway……it’s more like when gas gets atomized in a carburetor, in the way that it needs a ratio of O2 mixed in to carry the combustion…..again that’s my experience with it, others might have stuff that can be lit like that but I have never ran into it myself.

Wow- I can see a great ad for Doritos in this!! The creamer is a new one to me. I was an ornery kid and we had a pretty good bag of tricks. Mom finally figured out why she was always out of hairspray - what a great flame thrower! David B and I terrorized ( in OUR minds) the neighborhood once we discovered that Ohio Blue Tip matches dropped neatly down the barrel of our air rifles an when fired would ignite on contact with most any hard surface. I could write a small book on our exploits with model rockets, their engines (alternative uses) and creative payloads - but I'm drifting off topic...*sigh*

I don't think you're the only one mingaa.

I can remember packing a pretty good whoopin' once over those darn red fire ants in the back yard. Those ants have a pretty bad bite and they will attack in large numbers when they've taken over the sand pile and they don't really care if your hot wheels are there or not as long as you're not there.

But as it turns out, I learned something very valuable that day that I've carried with me through my life as I have gotten older.

And of course besides reinforcing the notion that you don't want to get caught doing it.

But fire ants aren't really immune to fire. Even if they are called FIRE ants, and they are red. Gasoline and a zippo can be a good combination when you're trying to take your sand pile back by force.

Remember that.

I think jet powered paper airplanes were my claim to fame. I was a fire bug in my early teens. We would break the stick off bottle rockets, tape them (often more than one) to various paper airplane designs, light, and throw. They would glide normally, then take off. The cool part was when the blew up. It was a blast till we got caught. One of the planes caught fire as it was falling. We thought it was the coolest thing ever, until in landed in a ditch full of dry grass. Kinda hard to hide a 50' long burnt out ditch, and us putting it out when dad got home. Luckily the garden hose reached that far. LOL. I will never forget that ass whooping.

Frank

Frank

I did so much wrong stuff, I'm surprised I didn’t burn something down.

Frank Castle said:
I think jet powered paper airplanes were my claim to fame. I was a fire bug in my early teens. We would break the stick off bottle rockets, tape them (often more than one) to various paper airplane designs, light, and throw. They would glide normally, then take off. The cool part was when the blew up. It was a blast till we got caught.

I used to do the same thing. I was always trying to come up with a better fold to keep the rocket in. I finally came up with one design, and it worked great....till it landed in a car.....umm...whoopsie. :oops: I booked as fast as I could. didn't stick around to see much other than smoke....

aahhh yes...the good ol days....where we could we bring our fathers 22 in to school for show and tell, and buy firecrackers and bottle rockets in the candy store.... :D

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I miss my old potato gun... :cry:

My brother still has his!!! We used it about 2 or 3 years ago....I love those things....

Man, my best friend was a mad scientist in Jr. high.

He built it outta pvc pipe with an integrated trigger built from a BBQ lighter. That thing would launch a potato 200-300yd. The neighbors called the Sheriff's department on us more than once... :lol:

exactly the same set up...cept without the nosey neighbors.... ;)

oli700 said:
Frito's are my fave. The 90 degree bent ones will burn like a candle. the last 10 fires at elk camp this year was started with frito's....in the rain.

IMG_1039.jpg

Fritos also help satisfy the munchies while you are smoking the ganja and guarding the marijuana crop..........

I see how your overhead cover prevents the helicopter overflights.

:lol:

:lol: .....what happens in elk camp stays in elk camp....you have to come experience a week of elk camp. Leave your badge at home :p

oli700 said:
:lol: .....what happens in elk camp stays in elk camp....you have to come experience a week of elk camp. Leave your badge at home :p

Badges? We don't need no steekin' badges!!!!!!!

the-treasure-of-the-sierra-madre-stinking-badges.jpg

Back