• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Re: New barrel......................FINALLY!

Man... I know how you feel! The vast amount of things I have bought and sold, re-bought and then had to wait FOREVER for, would probably cripple a mortal man by means of mental distress :lol: :shock:

I think the worst wait was for my LEO Adapter... It was like 4 months or something like that haha I had every other nut and bolt, buffer tube, stock and grip... all of it... but nothing to hold it all together :(

UPS Tracking says I'll have my new barrel on Tues. Yeah!!!!! I'm almost envious of myself! :mrgreen:

weird....I ordered my 18.5" barrel from the factory, and had it in 3 days. why's it hard now?

Chris C said:
UPS Tracking says I'll have my new barrel on Tues. Yeah!!!!! I'm almost envious of myself! :mrgreen:

good news. like a kid on Christmas morning. :D

Chris C said:
Awesome man, do you already have plans once you get the barrel?

Cool!
I have found MidwayUSA to be superior in selection, customer service and price.

Well, UPS is supposed to deliver my new barrel on Tuesday afternoon. I've been sittin' on the porch with a cup of coffee all day in preparation. Think it will help????? (did I hear someone say I was over-anxious?):lol:

mikeoso said:
weird....I ordered my 18.5" barrel from the factory, and had it in 3 days. why's it hard now?

Do you not live Obama's America? Have you not experienced the delays of most anything from the firearms industry????? :lol:

Was just notified by UPS my new barrel would be delivered today instead of tomorrow. Just for giggles I checked with Brownells................with whom I had originally placed the order............and they are still back-ordered and have no idea when they might get their shipment in. Adios, Brownells!!!!!! You're off my suppliers list! :twisted:

Chris C said:
Was just notified by UPS my new barrel would be delivered today instead of tomorrow. Just for giggles I checked with Brownells................with whom I had originally placed the order............and they are still back-ordered and have no idea when they might get their shipment in. Adios, Brownells!!!!!! You're off my suppliers list! :twisted:

Glad your finally getting it.

Sorry you had issues with brownells, but to be fair if they are waiting on it then it's really not their fault. I've orderred a lot fo stuff from them over the years and never had a problem.

It's here............it's installed.............it's exactly what I wanted.............I'm happy, happy, happy!!! No picture attached: it just looks like a Mossie 500 with an 18 1/2" barrel! :lol: Sure makes this shotgun light.

18.5" barrel shell size - 3" only?

I've been debating getting the 18.5" barrel for my 500. I have the 28" AccuChoke barrel and 24" rifled barrel currently. I've tried doing a search, but haven't been able to find anything. When looking for the 18.5" barrel online, I've seen it stated that it is 3". Can it take 2 3/4" shells, too, or just 3" shells? I've got 2 3/4" shells currently.

Re: 18.5" barrel shell size - 3" only?

It will accept 2 3/4" and 3" shells. The numbers on the barrel refer to the longest shell it will accept.

JayC said:
I've been debating getting the 18.5" barrel for my 500. I have the 28" AccuChoke barrel and 24" rifled barrel currently. I've tried doing a search, but haven't been able to find anything. When looking for the 18.5" barrel online, I've seen it stated that it is 3". Can it take 2 3/4" shells, too, or just 3" shells? I've got 2 3/4" shells currently.

just as long as it is NOT a 18.5 breacher barrel.

old mossy said:
JayC said:

just as long as it is NOT a 18.5 breacher barrel.

Are the breacher barrels restricted to 2 3/4" rounds?

Back