• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Re: 500 High Capacity Kit - NEW PICS 3/5/13

Aren't they one of the ones that lost their balls and bowed down in the wake of Sandy Hook? I did come across their site but was deterred by past events... I appreciate and thank you for your help though! :D

I just ordered something for my Chest Rig so the PG is going to have to wait till after the 22nd :p

,,,sorry Ric,if they did i missed it. :eek:

It's cool! There were quite a few companies that did and only a few got major attention.. Walmart is starting to turn against us...

No Academy did not roll over on us.

They're based in Texas and have been on our side through all this BS. They're also not gouging prices when they have inventory on ammo, etc...

Just remember to reward the turncoats by purchasing elsewhere. "Vote" with your wallet! :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
No Academy did not roll over on us.

Thank you, Sir! I will keep them bookmarked for future purchase!
I have made an impulse birthday purchase so this will be postponed for a little bit. No big deal :D

Looks great Rick. Glad to see it come together.

That looks awesome ricmo! What kind if case is that? And did you do the bottom foam or did it come that way? .... ;)

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Thanks!!! It is a PLANO All Weather case. My Fiance got it for me 2 years ago from Walmart on Black Friday, got a pretty sweet deal too! Last one on the shelf, $30... MSRP is $100 The foam had been torn a little on the top but I contacted PLANO and within 3 weeks (not too bad) I had an entire new set (bottom, middle and top) of foam for the case. Their CS is a little hard to talk to but all in all they gave me what I needed FREE OF CHARGE!

The section that holds my shotgun is actually "Pluck Foam". Little half-inch squares you pull out to the shape of your firearm. Some the squares on this foam were not cut the whole length so I had to cut a few with a knife but hell if I care :lol:

Looks really sweet! I need another hard case, mine now is just too big.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

The case makes all the difference sometimes! Like today, I went to the range and through some lead down range... I got the case, with shotgun in it. out of the bed of the truck and just tossed it onto the ground. Would have NEVER done that in a soft case or sock.

Itsricmo said:
The case makes all the difference sometimes! Like today, I went to the range and through some lead down range... I got the case, with shotgun in it. out of the bed of the truck and just tossed it onto the ground. Would have NEVER done that in a soft case or sock.

I agree, hard cases are the way to go! I want to get a bigger case to put 2 guns in when I go to the range. I do really like your case though, very sturdy, looks like it will hold up well over the years. I also really like your set up. I might try to build something similar here in the near future :twisted:

rjpoog1989 said:
I might try to build something similar here in the near future :twisted:

Thanks, Man! You should work on getting that .338 back first :lol: :lol:

Re: 500 High Capacity Kit - Updated

Itsricmo said:
Well... bright and early my Barrel Arrived! Way too bad that I was at work lol... It was torturing me that I was at work and my barrel was at home awaiting my very glorious return :lol:

photo_5-2_zps789df7ff.jpg

photo_4-5_zps01804d43.jpg

I am so glad that now with the addition of the FLEX stock and adapter, I can again use my PLANO Gun Case!!!! Thanks again, Stigmata and Hanoverfist!!!

pic1_zpsab835607.jpg

The barrel installation was so much easier and stress free then removing the OEM tube I had :lol:
The spring did pose a slight difficulty as it flung out and smacked me in the face :shock: :lol:

EDIT: That spare room inside the case is being reserved for a future purchase :cool:

Rick finally read this entire thread (had to wait for the shotgun to be reassembled). Very nice job. And I will say that the deal we made worked out just a well for me. That case wont accept the assembled weapon? Thats a shame thats a great case similar to the Pelican cases I use for my photography gear.

I must say, I greatly appreciate the trade! Without it, I surely wouldn't be able to fit my shotgun in to this case! :lol: It is a great case, while small, plenty rugged enough and surely will keep my shotgun dry and safe during transport! I think it was originally designed for an M4 style AR with a 16" barrel and collapsible stock... Either way, I got what I needed to make it work and am SUPER PSYCHED! :D

Rjpoog said:
that's a soar subject... :(

Sorry, man.. :( I know I would be grinding at the bit to have that sucker back in my hands... Ammo price is a sting too, as we discussed, but I think the thrill of that *THUMP* when you pull trigger and to watch your kill drop will be plenty worth the wait!

Rick,I just have seen the pictures of your "New" 500.I like it very much.
You made a fine work on it.A question.LOP for the new stock ??
Enjoy the new gun....

Thanks, Man! The stock LOP is the standard Full/Adult Size 14.25"
It looks a little shorter and even feels it but I measured it and compared it to a full size, definitely the same

Back