• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by wicat3

1. W

Houge 12lop stock?

Hey everyone. I just installed a 12" lop hougue stock off of the recommendations I had read. I installed a Magpul sling attachment at the receiver/buttstock so I had to modify the buttstock to make it fit properly. The issue I find now is that when I put the shotgun to my shoulder my right...
  2. W

Buyers Remorse

I personally wouldn't go less than a 20ga for home defense but that is my opinion. If I was in your shoes I would seriously look into a Magpul buttstock. I placed one on my 12ga Remington clone and it made the shotgun so much more enjoyable to shoot. Recoil didn't feel bad at all, adjustable...
  3. W

sling attachments

Hey everyone. I am building a home defense shotgun with my 500. I run a single point SOE sling so i'm looking for sling attachments for the receiver or buttstock. I'm going to be running a houge stock with a 12" lop. I'm thinking of these as options...
  4. W

HD Follower question

My mag tube is a stock one. I bought it used after some research it appears to be made in the 70's. I don't know the history of this shotgun so I figured upgrading the mag tube spring would be good. I don't want to do more than I have too but i ant something reliable and replacing the spring...
  5. W

HD Follower question

Hey everyone. I am looking to build a home defense shotgun with an existing 500 that I own. I had planned to turn it into a high capacity shotgun but it's looking like if I go forward with that plan I won't be able to build the rest of the shotgun so I've decided to focus on other areas of the...
  6. W

HD shotgun question

So can I swap 590 barrel and magazine tube to make my 500 a 590? If not where can I get a 20" barrel? I seem to not be able to find them and when I do it seems they are all choked barrels and not smooth bore like my 18.5 is.
  7. W

HD shotgun question

Hey everyone, I have an older Mossberg 500, mid 70's. I bought it to make a HD shotgun with it to place my H&R as a backup. I had an 18.5 barrel already so I have been using that on the shotugn but I really like the look of the 20" barrel and extended mag tube. I have as it stands a 5+1 mag...
  8. W

hunting bolt action rifle

Hey guys Im looking to get a cheap but good bolt action rifle. I was looking at the mossberg ATR and the price seems to be good and I have liked the idea of a mossberg bolt action since ive seen them start being introduced. I asked on a few other fourms and were told that the mossbergs were a...
  9. W

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Re: 464 With scope Thanks guys. Sorry its been so long been busy. As for the scope how can you beat it, Other then needing the sight dovetails it comes ready to pop on and its so cheap
  10. W

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

464 With scope Hey guys Just got my scope in from mossberg though i would share some pics with you. I have not shot it with the scope yet but I have cycled a few rounds through it and it seems to work good
  11. W

mossberg store?

Alright thanks guys I planned on calling but didnt want to call to find out this is normal and how it works. Ive never orderd anything from a factory/manufactuor before. Thanks guys ill call them today and get to the bottom of it
  12. W

mossberg store?

Hey guys sorry if this is the wrong place i couldnt find any better place. Anyway I ordered some parts off of mossberg.com and so far its been 3 weeks or so and I have not recived an email conformation or anything except they took my money out of my account. Im just wondering if this is normal...
  13. W

Hey from CT

Hey guys im new to the board from CT. I own 3 diffrent mossberg guns and love them all. hope to learn more on here and make some freinds.
Back