• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

80% lower build

I'm just messing with you guys. I hope you all know that I would NEVER wish anyone any serious bodily injury or worst case death from any firearm if being used responsibly for fun and or recreation as is the case here with your DIY project lowers.

Now rip's on the bandwagon. Lets see what crazy AR15 grip design he conjures up for his 2 like he does with the 1911s. :D

I know jg. I took it in the good humor it was meant in.

Crazy is one thing...but that pink color is going to be history.

Hmmm...now what kind of grip could I make..... :)

While I don't have a cool YouTube video of me blowing myself up.... I did complete the lower last night and fired 20 rounds of WPA steel cased 55 grn through it....

I'm still alive and so is the upper and EP lower! As suspected, the bolt catch wasn't functioning properly so I didn't get a last round hold open. But the important features worked, trigger... Safety and mag release. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, for now it'll just stay in the bin.... Now I need a carbine barrel to finish my upper... oh and $400 for an aimpoint :D

Honestly, at this point, I am wondering if I'm going to even have a functioning lower so I am glad at least someone has gotten one that is in firing condition.

The new disconnector is supposed to be here tomorrow, and I am crossing my fingers that it will work, but I'll just tell you guys ahead of time that I am having my doubts.

But we'll see.

aksavanaman said:

At first glance I thought you had broken you front pivot pin.

I'm scared to start mine, I seem to have a black cloud over me right now. Everything I touch seems to go bad at the moment.

oli700 said:
the rear one looks funky too

They're pulled out... that's why they look funny. It wasn't smooth as butter getting everything to line up.. but a little push and shove made it pop together. I don't get the warm and fuzzy using this lower, the material really seems a bit soft to me for prolonged hard use. I'll try and post a video when I get the chance... pictures may say a 1000 words.. but they're only words after all.

That being said... it is a working lower receiver that I made and has no paperwork attached.... I'll call it a success. I think down the road I'll end up picking up a stripped lower when I decide I need one. For now, I wanna get this upper done (as was my goal from the begining)... AND save up for a G21 (this took a few $$ from that fund)

why not get a 20 and do a conversion barrel to a .45 instead of the other way around like you are thinking ?

oli700 said:
why not get a 20 and do a conversion barrel to a .45 instead of the other way around like you are thinking ?

Nope... other way around... the 20 won't fit a .45 barrel (unless you get a new slide... which would look AWESOME! Long stainless slide over the full 6" barrel :twisted: ) ... the 21 will accept the 10mm conversions. On the flip side, the G20 is more versitle since you can get .40 and .357 sig barrels as well.

aksavanaman said:
oli700 said:

Nope... other way around... the 20 won't fit a .45 barrel (unless you get a new slide... which would look AWESOME! Long stainless slide over the full 6" barrel :twisted: ) ... the 21 will accept the 10mm conversions. On the flip side, the G20 is more versitle since you can get .40 and .357 sig barrels as well.
didn't know that...stupid Glock anyway, no soul....you'll see lol

Back